ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Spouse visa and evidence of right to work!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Urgent - Spouse visa and evidence of right to work!

Post by Enigmatic » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi

I am on a spouse visa and my husband is a British National. I am in a bit of a prickle. I have contacted UKBA enquiries but nobody has an answer and they just have a standard reply.

I wish to apply to NHS's foundation year programme in 2013 for doctors. Now they want evidence of right to work to extend till August 2013. My Spouse visa is valid until June 2013 only.

The deadline to provide my right of work is Jan 2013. I don't know what to do as on my current visa status they are not considering me eligible.

1. Can I apply for ILR earlier before Jan 2013? Despite the fact my visa is valid till June 2013?

2. Can I apply for FLR-M for extension of 6 months even though I have sufficient time till my visa expiry? Would it affect my conditions making me eligible for ILR?

3. Is there any way to prove that I have the right to work in the UK to the NHS on my current visa status provided that I will most likely get ILR by Aug-Sept 2013?

Please pleaseee help. As I have very less time to apply. And failure to do so would result in almost 2 years being put to waste :(

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Nobody??? :(

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 am

Okay you need to apply for NI number from the job centre and in the process you can request them to give you a letter to show as an evidence that you have the right to work in the UK as a spouse of a settled person in the UK.

Also you may want to include printouts from the UKBA website showing that a Spouse of a Settled person in the UK have the right to work in the UK.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Enigmatic
Newly Registered

Post by Enigmatic » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks for that ..but you see spouse visa endorsement on the passport is enough of the evidence of right to work. No further documents might be needed.

The real question is that I need to show by Jan 2013 that I have right to work till Aug 2013 whereas my probationary 27 months end in June 2013!

How should I go about it. Apply for extension? Or apply for ILR earlier? Please moderators, I really need help.

I have tried calling UKBA numbers but have got no response and standard email replies.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 pm

The reason you are not getting any answers is because the question is not straight forward.

UKBA will not be able to confirm anything in terms of a promise other then the fact your current VISA expiration.

You have two options:

1) Wait for the the 2 years to complete and apply for ILR 28 days before the completion. This may mean that you are not able to enrol yourself. You should not apply for ILR earlier then this because the application will straight away be refused.

2) Although this may not be the best option, you may try for an FLR which is also a two years extension. I am not sure whether UKBA will be able to grant you this while you already have a valid Spouse visa until June 2013.

If I were you I would not apply for FLR
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

knowledge_seeker

Re: Urgent - Spouse visa and evidence of right to work!

Post by knowledge_seeker » Sat May 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi
I am in the same as you were back in 2012/2013, so I was wondering did you find a way out.
My visa expires in July 2016 and I am applying for FY1 this year in July.

Regards
Thanks