ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation evidences proofs period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp0804

cohabitation evidences proofs period

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi All,
Just a small doubts.
SET(O) form says following about cohabitation documents period.
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

I am due to apply ILR in Sept 2012 (I'll be completing my 5 years) and had got my second Tier-1(G) extension in May 2012 along with wife and son(as dependents).
So I am supposed to submit cohabitation evidences for the period of May 2012 -Sept 2012 and no need to submit evidences for last 2 years? Is that correct?

Thanks

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm

You have to show documents spread over 2 years prior to your application date from atleast 2 different sources...

In your wife's name or joint names of you both:
* bank statements
* council tax
* utility bills
* nhs letters
* phone bills
* or similar

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi tier1Reading,
Thanks for the reply.

I would surely carry the last 2 years evidences as a backup but was wondering if it's really required.
As the form says "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave" and I got my last leave granted in May 2012!

So should evidences between May 2012 -Sept 2012 be sufficient?

Any more comments please?