ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Birmingham...help!!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aa2012
Newly Registered

OCI Birmingham...help!!

Post by Aa2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum and am in a bit of a predicament. My oci was granted and ready for collection on 3/7/12 I sent my britsh passport, self addressed envelope and printout of online status enquiry to consulate in Birmingham 20 Augusta street jewellery quarters

The website of cgi birmingham says that it takes up to 7 working days to get the oci card and passport back.

My dilemma is that I am flying to India on 8th August 2012 and haven't yet got my oci or my passport!!!

What do I do??i have been trying to ring cgi birmingham which is always busy. I emailed all people I could see on the site but to no avail

I have just today written and posted a letter requesting my things

Please advise me

Many thanks

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm

I sent my britsh passport, self addressed envelope and printout of online status enquiry to consulate in Birmingham 20 Augusta street jewellery quarters
I think the website says to send original fee receipt as well with your above documents....

Aa2012
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Aa2012 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi

Thanks for replying :) My stress is OVER!! Thank goodness!!

Basically I faxed a polite letter to the consulate (0121-2122786) explaining my need for my passport and oci. I then rang from 4:30pm cgi Birmingham the strange thing is they rang me back...can you believe it I actually SPOKE to someone!! She was rather abrupt but I was and am so thankful its all sorted out now!!

:D

user_uk
Newly Registered

Post by user_uk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Found this information very helpful https://ticklingtigers.wordpress.com/20 ... g-for-oci/