ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only one of child's parent is British citizen-can child get.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

barua

Only one of child's parent is British citizen-can child get.

Post by barua » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 am

Hello members,
Only I went for citizenship an year ago. Since my wife was on tier 1 and only a year left for permanent residence(due in sep 2012) did not get her changed to my dependant.(and thereby waiting for 2 years)
My child is visa is on my wife as dependant(I mean the dates). With only one parent being citizen, can I apply for citizenship for my child who was born here in UK when neither of us had PR.
Also interested in knowing what happens when my wife gets her PR next month. Some member on here had said that she can apply for citizenship immediately after her PR without having to wait for an year, is that right?
Thanks,
Barua

Glc

Re: Only one of child's parent is British citizen-can child

Post by Glc » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 am

1) If you're a British citizen, then you may register your child as one.

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom
If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

2) Your wife may apply for naturalisation provided she meets the spouse requirements. Please refer to the link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/[/quote]