ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:25 pm

hashim10 thanks for ur reply. well just at the end of last week i contacted my local mp as evryone keeps advising to do so. i got a response from him saying he has raised my enquiry to the UKBA and will contact me if he hears anything. i got an email again from my MP saying the UKBA has stated it can take up to 24weeks for a decision to be made but will find out why my application hasnt been concluded. i suppose we or the MPs cant do anything apart from wait for the outcome...
and yes we submitted it from Lahore but looking at the google timeline spreadsheet which is on page 3, 2 applcants who submitted on the 28/03/12 from Lahore have been granted visas.

the proccessing times on the UKBA website were also updated for June 2012... but i dont see how that helps us in any way. i am confident that my documents were also fine.

just have to wait i suppose :(
hope u also hear good news soon too hashim10

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm

Also i just wanted to ask a question if anyone can help...
with my husbands application i submitted 3months wage slips and 3months bank statements.
i started my new job when i came back from pak after getting married. i started new job in Jan 2012 and application was submitted in March 2012. issue is ive got legit job, bank statements and wage slips. i get paid cash which means i dont get my wage put into my bank account.when i submitted my husbands application, i got a letter from my accountant stating this and im also registered with HMRC i am a tax payer. should this affect anything? i also have a savings account.

plz could anyone re-assure me.

Many Thanks

jzk

twonations
Newly Registered

Aoa Brothers and sisters-Married outside UK more then 4 yrs

Post by twonations » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 pm

Hello everyone!

My wife and I have been married for more then 6 years and living together ever since outside the UK here in Pak, my wife is a british citizen, and so are our 2 sons.

Application submitted 07/03/2012
Application at bhc 21/03/2012
Total working days: 100 (as per the UK work days calculator)
Still waiting for it....
Application center: Islamabad

I called gerrys and they asked me to email: visaenquiries.abudhabi@fco.gov.pk, and got an automated reply.

Anyone in the same situation or any ideas? Haven't they taken too much time? Also do i get a call or a TXT msg, email?? Is there another way of finding out the status other then going around in circles with Gerrys?/

Thanks

Best Wishes to ALL

Allah is the greatest, and the All Knowledgeable

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi guys

We all pay the same fee but the appliction processing time will vary from
Person to person depending on the individual circumstances therefore ots unfair to say decisions should be made on a first come first serve basis.If UKBA are not satisfied or have a doubt about an application they may carry out further checks ie calling your employer to confirm you work there or they may even call your bank and get the statements verified which can delay or take longer for the application to be processed therefore to make other people wait while doin that is abit unfair if other applications are straight forward and that dont raise any concerns. Also i think the centre that application is submitted may also have a part to play from what i have heard generally speaking mirpur and islamabad centres are usually quicker to process applications.if you have the correct docs then there is no need to worry!

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre mirpur

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Guys i am confused about one thing when you check your status online, where it says application forwarded to Islamabad OC it means the application is under process by BHC or we get a separate status update for this? Thanks

shazia_dal
Newly Registered

Post by shazia_dal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:29 am

[quote="Dshah"]Allhamdulillah visa granted :D :D

I would urge everyone to contact their local mp
As I have done and today they emailed my mp confirming that my wifes visa was considered and granted on 24th July and we should contact gerrys for our passport collection.
:D :D

If anyone wants help contacting their mp just pm me
I'll send you a copy of the email I sent and assist where I can inshallah.

To Dshah
Hi I just wanted to ask how long did it take for ur mp to get in touch with ukba and when she did how much days later did ur visa get granted in?

Hamza84
Newly Registered

Status shown before writing to mp

Post by Hamza84 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Shazia-dal

Before you contacted your MP, whats was your status showing on the tracking was it still under process? , and when your MP replied that your have been granted visa what was the status showing still was it still showing under process ?

Thanks

Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on : 27/03/2012
Application under process at British High Commission on : 11/04/2012

shazia_dal
Newly Registered

Re: Status shown before writing to mp

Post by shazia_dal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 am

Hi hamza24
My spouse has not got the visa yet.im asking the user Dshah about his.

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 am

Asalam Alaikum Shazia..

Just out of curiousity, when and where did you submit your spouse visa application?

Dshah

Post by Dshah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 am

I contacted my mp via email on 11th July and the visa was stamped on 24th July.
Ready for collection on 30th July

farah123
Newly Registered

Post by farah123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello I gave my application 28 march from islamabad and still under process while people who applied in april have got theirs now extremly worried please if anyone who applied in islamabad in dez dates finds out anything please let me know

shazia_dal
Newly Registered

Post by shazia_dal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi
I applied 1 June 2012 and has been under process since 14 June 2012. it has been 2 months they said they will get back to me within 3 months.i will get in contact with my mp after 12 weeks.

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:17 pm

shazia_dal wrote:Hi
I applied 1 June 2012 and has been under process since 14 June 2012. it has been 2 months they said they will get back to me within 3 months.i will get in contact with my mp after 12 weeks.
Good luck with your application Shaz..

Dshah

App

Post by Dshah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Contacting your mp after 12 weeks does help and I think it's got a lot to do with quality of application too,
I Personally put a lot of work in to my application, if you want it done right do it yourself n all and covered almost every angle possible with proof to back up every claim.
I'm not sure how they process all applications but if I hadn't taken my time in preparing my application and if I didn't contact my mp after 12 weeks chances are I would still be waiting.
Those of you who have contacted your mp after 12 weeks and have had no joy with them being helpful, Be persistent and demand to meet with your MP themselves at their next weekly surgery as its your given right as their secretary might try n fob u off.

Inshallah all waiting will hear very soon

Scottishraja

Contacted MP

Post by Scottishraja » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 pm

When I submitted the spousal visa applcaition in MAY, the standard time for a response was 12 weeks. However this has now increased to 24 weeks. An absolute farce.

I spoke to my MP'S secretary last week (10 weeks since applcaition). She sent them a email and she got a reposnse this morning. Here it is

Thank you for your enquiry.

Our published service standard for processing settlement visas that were submitted in Islamabad is that we aim to make decisions on 98% of application in 90 working days, and 100% within 120 working days.

Ms *********s application was lodged on 16 May so I would therefore expect a decision to have been made by the end of October. If Ms ******** has not received a decision by the end of October please let us know and we will make further enquiries.

Standard fobbed off response.....who are these people. And who are they trying to kid? The conservative party are the ones pushingthem to reduce immigration and as a result, hard working tax paying Brits like me anre being punished.

:( :( :( :(

Application Submitted at Gerrys Islamabad on: 14/05/2012
Forwarded to OC on: 14/05/2012
Under Process at BHC on: 25/05/2012
Ready For Collection:
Passport Collected:
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

Sarah30

ILE

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here has applied for ILE instead of the regular spouse visa?

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 pm

The conservative party's immigration policy is a load of shambles to be quite honest and Ms May has proved on numerous occasions she is not up to the job.the waiting time at heathrow back in april was a classic example of what a failure her policies have been as a result of cutting back on immigration officers.Its people outside of the EU that suffer,people from within the eu can come in without speaking a single word of english but if your outside the EU its a different story.Complete violation of our human rights and the courts have readily accepted this as well.
To all those waiting be patient i know its very hard but there is always light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Scottishraja i can only sympathise with you!!

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa stamped 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre Mirpur[/img]

twonations
Newly Registered

Re: ILE

Post by twonations » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Sarah30 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone here has applied for ILE instead of the regular spouse visa?

Hi Sarah,

I believe you are confused as to which application to be filled for couples who have lived outside the UK for more then four years and automatically qualify for the ILE...

if the partners have lived outside the UK for more then 4 years are subject to fill out the VAFA spouse visa form for applying for the ILE where as if a couple has lived inside the UK for more then 4 years they need to fill out the SET(M) form

the below link clearly explains this, hope this helps

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

Best Wishes

Sarah30

ILE VS REGULAR SPOUSE SETTLEMENT

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Twonations,

I believe you misunderstood. I do understand that from within the UK you use the form SET(M)

I was referring to those couples applying from outside the UK. Whether you have been married for more than 4 years or under 4 years, the form is the same VAF4A. The only difference is that for over 4 years you are eligible for ILE so that should preferably be mentioned in the VAF4A application form that you are requesting ILE plus a KOL pass certificate should also be attached.

Sarah30

ILE

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

This is only applicable for those who have applied before July 9th. After that ILE has been abolished.

twonations
Newly Registered

Re: ILE

Post by twonations » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Sarah30 wrote:This is only applicable for those who have applied before July 9th. After that ILE has been abolished.
Sarah ...lucky us then...the below was an interesting read:

http://www.realrussia.co.uk/forum/forum ... 87&start=1

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 am

I know its stressful, this is a timeline topic which might get locked.. best to start new thread for discussion

Scottishraja

Life with no wife is terrible

Post by Scottishraja » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am

So the missus submitted her applciation in May and the UKBA says that if she is lucky then they will give her a response by the end of October.

Who organizes these people?? I work for a multinational private company and looking at the UKBA set-up it is easy to identify where cahnges need to come in to place.

I mean 6 months!!! Its just so hard.

P.S

I would never cheat on her but why is it that some women think married men whose wifes are not around are fair game?
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Applied ISL - 01/03/2012
Under process - 14/03/12
106 days...........still waiting...............
so annoyed

Hamza84
Newly Registered

Delay on Islamabda Applications

Post by Hamza84 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm

I think there is a delay on Islamabad applications

I have applied on 27/3/12 and still waiting !