ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maira

Got IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Maira » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:01 am

Well a surprising news for me i was waiting for HSMP anxiously but Got
the Canadian immigration.........What if now i got HSMP ...?
which one is better ...?Right now i am in uk.

Canadian Immigration or HSMP....

Maira

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:36 am

Canada is cold, UK is wet...it is a difficult choice javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:32 pm

Go to UK it's happening place :)
Weather may be damp and London may be one of the costliest city in the world, but still IMHO UK is THE place to be.

And u may be shocked, but to get a work in Canada u need to have a Candaian experience. And you can't get a job untillNunless u have Canadian experiecne, catch-22. I have read the horror stories about highly skilled professionals how they end up doing menial jobs just to get Canadian exp.

If you r the kindda fella who is ready to do any job for survival then u won't find canada a nightmare.

And no jobs in Canada ... at least in IT and Software. Rest is ur choice.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:46 pm

One of my friend recently relocated to UK from Canada. He was earning good in CANADA but he prefered to relocated to UK.

Otherway round, another friend of mine just did opposite. He worked in UK for 3 years (good salary) and then went to Canada.

So now its 50-50 chance for you. I think you are the best who can answer this query. Take fresh breath and see what you get after toss.
8)
Regards,
Afzal

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:46 pm

okay, i can reply to this post seeing i'm in canada!

One thing I can say is that like every country, they prefer you to have their nation's experience. but its not a hard and fast rule! i came from the IT industry in England to Canada and was working with Hewlett Packard in 1 week! And i got the job when i moved to Canada, not from England!

And able to buy a condo in one month!
Simply put, its your choice.. of course Canada is cold but a car does wonders! And heh, Canada is very hot! But A/Cs do wonders also!

Where would you rather be? You have 1 year to land in canada. while not wait till you get the HSMP result and by God's grace, you have your HSMP. Then you can decide!

Regardless, whatever nation you find yourself, you can make it!

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:20 pm

If its just 'immigration' that you are looking for, then I think you should choose Canada.

HSMP is more promising to secure a job independently, provided the job market here reacts positively with respect to your time, experience and skills.

Also, HSMP, from my understanding does not guarantee an immigration status in UK unless you work and earn within a specific period of time ( Please correct me if I'm wrong ). After reading throught the posts, the rules and laws are continiously changing for HSMP as well.

Regarding a career, only you know better than anyone where you fit with respect to job opportunites. No place guarantees anything to anyone who comes as an immigrant no matter whether you are a HSMP holder or work visa holder.

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:37 pm

I heard from some of my friends that unlike HSMP canadian immegration does not expect you to stay there on continous basis. You just have to stay 1 month there and rest of the year you can stay and work anywhere (I am not sure of it, please confirm it). If this is true then you can keep your canadian immegration alive while working in uk with HSMP.