ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Success 27/07 - Croydon - BRP received on 01/08

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

batesford
Newly Registered

PEO Success 27/07 - Croydon - BRP received on 01/08

Post by batesford » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:00 am

Hi All,

Recommended by friend earlier this year, since then I have taken a lot from wonderfull forum. I even didn't bother to check the official website. Got the magic ILR last Friday, now it's my turn to contribute.

Appointment Time: 11:55 am
Place: Croydon PEO
Type: SET (O) for me and my wife

Booked online appointment exactly 42 days before appointment date at exactly 00:01. Make sure to practise before using different dates to speed you up.

As I said previously I am pretty good at calculating dates, I booked my appointment on the very first day that I am eligible(28 days before current leave expires)

Left home at 08:15 due to it was the opening ceremony day lots of traffic was expected. Arrived 2.5 hours earlier traffic was as usual I guess. Spent 1.5 hours at the shopping centre picking up my lucky numbers for the 100 UK Millionaire draw that night :)

Went through the door around 45 mins before 11:55, then security check, payment counter, then was told to go to 1st floor. Timing: 12:00.

Waited about 15 mins, was called to the counter. Requested by an African lady beow items: passports, application form, ticket number and payment receipt. Waited for another 15 mins. Was told to go to 2nd floor. Timing: 12:30.

2nd floor: after about 20 mins, was called for Bio counter: photo taken and finger prints recorded. That chatty Irish guy said to us 'the Bio results will be taking at least 30 mins, please wait outside for your number to be called.' He was right, in about 40 mins my number was called by the case officer, who was a kind and smiling British lady. Timing: 13:15.

Case officer flipped my application form straight to the salary section, then requested all original documents as I've listed: P60, pay slips, bank statements and employer letter plus passorts and LIUK certificates. Then she said 'I will need your evidence of cohabitation, just one document for each year(2010, 2011 and 2012)' I gave her Barclays Annual statement covering 2011 to 2012 plus water bill for year 2010. She asked ' do you have anything else from your wife?' I said 'I've got more than you want, how about NHS card' She replied with a big and loud smile: OK I've got all the documents I need. It will take me 1 hour, do you want to go out or wait? I go 'I will be sitting in the back, let me know if you need anything.' Again she nodded with a big smile. Timing: almost 13:30

14:05: Heard the pleasant voice 'Ticket No. 144 please go back to counter 54.' That quick, I told my wife. As soon as I got back to the counter, case officer said 'your ILR has been approved, here is your letter. Your Bio card will be with you within 5 to 7 working days' I go ' thanks that was well less than an hour...' ' Oh, your case is straightforward', she replied.

It was a quite pleasant experience to us. No IT issues, not even many people attending that day, lots of staffs ready to help... I would suggest not to deliberately avoid Croydon it's not that bad at all.

Received my BRP card on 01/08, that was only 2 days after the ILR day. What can I say - more than happy I suppose.

Thank you everyone for your great contribution. Happy to take any questions...

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: PEO Success 27/07 - Croydon - BRP received on 01/08

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am

batesford wrote:Hi All,

Recommended by friend earlier this year, since then I have taken a lot from wonderfull forum. I even didn't bother to check the official website. Got the magic ILR last Friday, now it's my turn to contribute.

Booked online appointment exactly 42 days before appointment date at exactly 00:01. Make sure to practise before using different dates to speed you up.

As I said previously I am pretty good at calculating dates, I booked my appointment on the very first day that I am eligible(28 days before current leave expires)

Left home at 08:15 due to it was the opening ceremony day lots of traffic was expected. Arrived 2.5 hours earlier traffic was as usual I guess. Spent 1.5 hours at the shopping centre picking up my lucky numbers for the 100 UK Millionaire draw that night :)

Went through the door around 45 mins before 11:55, then security check, payment counter, then was told to go to 1st floor. Timing: 12:00.

Waited about 15 mins, was called to the counter. Requested by an African lady beow items: passports, application form, ticket number and payment receipt. Waited for another 15 mins. Was told to go to 2nd floor. Timing: 12:30.

2nd floor: after about 20 mins, was called for Bio counter: photo taken and finger prints recorded. That chatty Irish guy said to us 'the Bio results will be taking at least 30 mins, please wait outside for your number to be called.' He was right, in about 40 mins my number was called by the case officer, who was a kind and smiling British lady. Timing: 13:15.

Case officer flipped my application form straight to the salary section, then requested all original documents as I've listed: P60, pay slips, bank statements and employer letter plus passorts and LIUK certificates. Then she said 'I will need your evidence of cohabitation, just one document for each year(2010, 2011 and 2012)' I gave her Barclays Annual statement covering 2011 to 2012 plus water bill for year 2010. She asked ' do you have anything else from your wife?' I said 'I've got more than you want, how about NHS card' She replied with a big and loud smile: OK I've got all the documents I need. It will take me 1 hour, do you want to go out or wait? I go 'I will be sitting in the back, let me know if you need anything.' Again she nodded with a big smile. Timing: almost 13:30

14:05: Heard the pleasant voice 'Ticket No. 144 please go back to counter 54.' That quick, I told my wife. As soon as I got back to the counter, case officer said 'your ILR has been approved, here is your letter. Your Bio card will be with you within 5 to 7 working days' I go ' thanks that was well less than an hour...' ' Oh, your case is straightforward', she replied.

It was a quite pleasant experience to us. No IT issues, not even many people attending that day, lots of staffs ready to help... I would suggest not to deliberately avoid Croydon it's not that bad at all.

Received my BRP card on 01/08, that was only 2 days after the ILR day. What can I say - more than happy I suppose.

Congrats !! How many absences you have ?

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:51 am

Hi

Lots and lots of hearteist congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum and also congrats on recieving your BRP cards as well.

I am really glad that it all went so smooth for you at Croydon.

Good luck for the future.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 pm

how many absence did you have

congrats

giffin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: PEO Success 27/07 - Croydon - BRP received on 01/08

Post by giffin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 pm

batesford wrote:Hi All,

Congrats!
Do you need to put in your personal details when you tick the slots? Such as names, passport, etc? Thanks.