ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how come eea is faster

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cherie
Newly Registered

how come eea is faster

Post by cherie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Why is eea permit free and faster to get than a settlement visa as a spouse? And can anyone tell me why it takes so painfully long to process a settlement visa?? Thank you

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:18 pm

You should your MP this question, so that they can discuss this in the parliament.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

cherie
Newly Registered

Post by cherie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Wow Congrats on yours,didn't take too long :) ...maybe I'm just too impatient might be tearing my hair out soon! Thing is I already sent an email asking about it and as you might suspect I got an automated response stating nothing I asked about :( so frustrating

Respect to those whose spent thousands and waiting up to 6 months if not more, good luck all

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: how come eea is faster

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 am

cherie wrote:Why is eea permit free and faster to get than a settlement visa as a spouse? And can anyone tell me why it takes so painfully long to process a settlement visa?? Thank you
the Eea permit is free and issued quickly because they are issued under the Eea regulations which provide for freedom of movement of European citizens and their family members. Settlement visas are issued under the immigration rules which are based on the principle of immigration control not freedom of movement.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am

cherie wrote:Wow Congrats on yours,didn't take too long :) ...maybe I'm just too impatient might be tearing my hair out soon! Thing is I already sent an email asking about it and as you might suspect I got an automated response stating nothing I asked about :( so frustrating

Respect to those whose spent thousands and waiting up to 6 months if not more, good luck all
Thanks, but this is all just luck and nothing more as I have seen people submitted just a few days after me had to wait over three months to get the VISA.

So, thanks to GOD
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

cherie
Newly Registered

Re: how come eea is faster

Post by cherie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 am

Greenie wrote:
cherie wrote:Why is eea permit free and faster to get than a settlement visa as a spouse? And can anyone tell me why it takes so painfully long to process a settlement visa?? Thank you
the Eea permit is free and issued quickly because they are issued under the Eea regulations which provide for freedom of movement of European citizens and their family members. Settlement visas are issued under the immigration rules which are based on the principle of immigration control not freedom of movement.[/quote

Aren't eea permits and settlement visas processed in the same manner as in legitimacy of documents and checks etc?? I still don't get why it's free for eea and so expensive for non-eea just to look at their papers,make a few phone calls and print a glossy stamp