ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR and RC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colinm
Newly Registered

EEA PR and RC

Post by colinm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi

I am an EEA national and holding EEA Permanent Residence card. My non-EEA wife holds EEA Residence Card.

Is it still necessary for me to continue to work, self employment, study or be self sufficient to enable her residence card to be valid ? Would not exercising any economic or study activity for shorter periods (3-9 months in calendar year) jeopardize her residence status in UK.

Secondly if I am out of UK for 5-6 months UK would this have any impact on her residency?

Appreciate advice.

Many Thanks

Colin

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 pm

No need to exercise treaty rights.

No (absence upto 2 years doesn't affect PR status).

colinm
Newly Registered

Post by colinm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Many Thanks.

Presume comprehensive sickness insurance cover is not required for self and wife even when I am out of UK or cease to have any economic activity whilst in UK?

Appreciate advice.

Cheers
Colin

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

colinm wrote:Many Thanks.

Presume comprehensive sickness insurance cover is not required for self and wife even when I am out of UK or cease to have any economic activity whilst in UK?

Appreciate advice.

Cheers
Colin
Not required. You'd do well to read the directive to get an understanding of your rights (2004/38/EC).