ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entered UK 83 days after the enter clearance stamp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st_notes
Newly Registered

Entered UK 83 days after the enter clearance stamp

Post by st_notes » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks to all the people contributed to the forum, especially the ones established and maintains the forum. It's a great place to share information and get advices.

I am about to apply my ILR and my friend introduced me to this forum. I found it's very useful.

My situation is HSMP + tier 1(general), want to apply for 5 years ILR unders SET(O).

I got HSMP work permit letter 07 June 2007.
A few months later, applied for the visa.
Got Enter clearance stamp valid from 30 OCT 2007.
Entered UK 24 Jan 2008 (with Heathrow landing stamp)

HSMP expires 30/10/09, applied Tier1 (general) before expire date, as HSMP was no longer available.

Currently on Tier1 (General) expire 30OCT2012

Questions:
1. Don't think I am eligible for the 4 years judicial review right?
For the 5 years, by 30OCT2012, I actually haven't been in UK for 5 years yet, but I read the UKBA guideline says for people entered later than the enter clearance stamp date, as long as it's less than 90 days, it may count towards the 5 years continuous stay. Does that mean I can apply for ILR in OCT2012?
On the application form (ie. SET(o)) it ask for the date of enter, should I put down 24Jan2008? (That would immediately imply I need to apply ILR in Jan 2013 though)
I plan to go for premium services, in case this doesn't go through I still have time to extent my tier1 visa.

2. Regard the accommodation in UK, I recently moved in with my boyfriend and I don't pay any rent. So on my bank statement, there's no large sum of renting money go out, would that be a problem? I had rent contract expire February 2012. They don't need proof of your accommodation anyway right? I just wondering on the form would they concern if I fill out 'Other' staying with friend, no rent paid.

3. I have quite a few trips(19 trips) on my passport, each of them were no more than 90days and the total is probably around 96 days. I say probably, because there was one trip to US, I couldn't find the stamp showing the date back to UK. It was a two weeks trip. But I can't remember the exactly date. I asked solicitors, they said you can put down an approximate date and best to show them your flight ticket. But I couldn't find my flight ticket.
I was permanent employee of a blue chip company at that time. (back in 2009) have all the bank statement and pay slip to proof my salary.
Any other suggestions I can proof it was a two weeks trip?

Also do they count the days absent as the days before I enter to UK + the days I was on holiday? If that's the case, I might have exceeded 180 days.

Advises or similar cases experience will be really appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm

You can apply for ILR anytime after October 2. The other question about accommodation is not relevant, nor do your cumulative absences seem to be a problem.

st_notes
Newly Registered

Post by st_notes » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Thank you, Lucapooka.

That would be great!