ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Time period from 5 to 7 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TARRY
Newly Registered

ILR Time period from 5 to 7 years

Post by TARRY » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi all

I just heard that from this year ILR time period is going to be increased from 5 to 7 years for HSMP and Work permit holders.....Any news

Thanks

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:43 pm

I wont beleive this.

There seems to be lots of news with respect to HO which is unbeleivable. The fact they changed from 4 to 5 was to come inline with EU standards then why would they shift from 5 to something else.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Time period from 5 to 7 years

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:31 pm

TARRY

From your profile it seems that you are trying to hide your identity.
It is highly unlikely that the one who visit this forum for the first time will make the statement like you did.

HO just changed qualifying period for ILR from 4 to 5 years last year. The reason for that is to tune with other EU countries. Based on this reason alone, it could only change to 7 years if other EU countries change it to 7 years.

CONCLUSION:
I believe you are a regular visitor in this forum. However, because you want to raise irresponsible issue to make anybody in this forum worried/panic you hide your identity and create a new profile and post this message.

In case what you said is true/you are for real, we really apreciate your effort.

PLEASE PROVIDE LINK TO WEBSITE (RELIABLE SOURCE) OF YOUR INFORMATION

Pantaiema
TARRY wrote:Hi all

I just heard that from this year ILR time period is going to be increased from 5 to 7 years for HSMP and Work permit holders.....Any news

Thanks
Last edited by pantaiema on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:18 pm

I don't believe they are going to increase the qualifying period. The way forward for them is to make it more difficult (skills, earning, language skills and fees) to qualify.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am

tvt wrote:I don't believe they are going to increase the qualifying period. The way forward for them is to make it more difficult (skills, earning, language skills and fees) to qualify.
Yes this is something I would agree with.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

TARRY
Newly Registered

Post by TARRY » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi

The fact is I have been told by a solicitor that it is the intention of HO to increase time period from 5 to 7 when they will or not ......No body knows!

I raised this to board with good intention to get some feedback and for further information and thats it

I have no intention to creat worries or tensions but we will see in the future