ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed premium service application, Croydon PEO for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rhiD
Newly Registered

Delayed premium service application, Croydon PEO for FLR(M)

Post by rhiD » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to share my recent experience with the premium service at the shambolic UKBA Croydon PEO in case the info may be of interest to others in a similar situation.

My husband is on a "fiance" or "marriage" visa and we married in the UK in May 2012. As my husband had a job offer, we decided to apply for his extension to stay as my husband (using form FLR(M)) in person at Croydon PEO using the "same day" premium service at a cost of £867 (rather than the postal service that we know can take months but costs £561). We booked an apppointment for 1pm on 2 July 2012, our first day back from honeymoon. My husband attended the appointment, paid the fee, enrolled his biometric data all without a problem and was then left to wait for over 3 hours to submit his application form and supporting documents. Eventually, at 5.45pm, he and the hundreds of other people also waiting were told that due to IT systems failures their applciatiosn could not be dealt with that day. A clerk took my husband's form and documents, issued a receipt for the same and told him that someone would call him when his documents were ready to be collected (he had opted to collect his documents rather than rely on the post).

The UKBA website describes premium service as follows:
[quote] If your application is straightforward, you will normally receive a decision on the same day as your appointment - see below. If we cannot make a decision on that day (because your application requires further enquiries, or we are having technical problems), we will decide your application on the next working day or as soon as possible..."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... nginperson

Our application definitely qualified as straight forward as my husband has a good immigration history, we have proven the genuineness of our relationship during the fiancé visa application process, I earn a substantial salary and, as a lawyer myself, I was certain that the application form had been filled in correctly and all relevant supporting documents supplied. So understandably, we were expecting to hear within a day or so. This was important as my husband had an offer of work starting the following week which he could not commence without confirmation that his immigration status had been upgraded.

In the end we waited 3 weeks for a response receiving our documents and his passport back this morning (24 July) with a letter explaining that his biometric residence permit would follow within 10 days.

Prior to that, I had sent a complaint to the UKBA customer complaints email, a fax to the Croydon PEO public enquiries team, an email to my MP and an email to the Parliamentary Ombudsman to try and unlock things. We were extremely frustrated by the process as we were not given any status updates, could not get through to anyone on the phone for a status update (they only give updates to applicants who have been wiating for over 6 months!!) and as a result my husband lost several job offers. All this even though we had paid for a premium "same day" service. Outrageous and a complete shambles.

Advice to others in this situation: I am not sure if any of my complaints helped move things along or not. There are cases of others in a similar situation to us on this forum who waited months to hear back so perhaps complaining did help although I suspect none of my correspondence has been dealt with yet and so did not make a difference. However, I think others in a similar situation should consider logging complaints promptly as well, particualrly with the UKBSA customer complainst team and the Croydon PEO fax line. These may have been picked up and helped prompt a case worker.

Details of my complaints:
1. I received a holding email from UKBA customer complaints team a few days after my complaint stating that my complaint had been passed on to the relevant department who would respond within 20 days. This could have assisted getting a result. Complaints email address is: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
2. No response from the fax and email to the public enquiries line at Croydon PEO, but again, may have made them push things along. Their email is ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk and fax number is 02081963248 or 02081963249
3. No response from MP yet so this didn't do any good. My MP takes 2 weeks to reply and doesn't have surgery dates that I can attend with my working hours so have found her quite unhelpful.
4. No response from Parliamentray Ombudsman yet (although only sent email yesterday and understand that they only respond to enquiries from MPs so doubt they would have been able to help me in the absence of my MP supporting the cause). Their email is Phso.Enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk.

So thank goodness we finally got a result and in much better time than some poor souls on this forum but it is still outrageous that people that pay for a same day prmeium service at a huge cost to the average person are left waiting 3 weeks without any update and in our case lost employment as a result.

I hope this information helps others in a similar situation. And if you have been in a similar situation, please fill out the poll below so others can get a sense of how long these things take.

Update, pm 24 July 2012 - the Parliamentary Ombudsman (the PHSO) just called me and told me that they had made enquiries on the status of the application and been told that it had now been settled. So it would appear that the PHSO will take on enquires directly provided your MP hasn't already contacted them on your behalf. Luckily for us our case had already been sorted but good to know that the PHSO will be proactive on the point. And quickly too, I only sent them an email late on Friday evening! So I definitely recommend people in a similar situation to send an email to the PHSO.

alpha123
Newly Registered

Post by alpha123 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

Hi, I am facing the same problem. I added for a tier1 general extension on 24th July 2012. Due to system failure they are were not able to provide the decision on the same day. They advised me saying it will be done the next day but now it is 3 days and I did not receive any response :cry: I am so disappointed with the service and really frustrated with the process. I am not able to get any response on the phone.I have launched a complaint but i think it is of no use.I am not sure when I would receive my decision. I am highly disappointed.

nagi_24
Newly Registered

Re: Delayed premium service application, Croydon PEO for FLR

Post by nagi_24 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,
I'm vicitim of similar issue. SET (O) appointment on 30th Jul 01:05 PM, solace that I was called at 5 PM. My application was approved but is on hold just because my wife's LUK results have not been updated on UKBA system, though carried LUK pass certificate. I was told I will be called in a day or 2 to collect docs from Croydon office, still waiting.

Premium service, isn't premium, with anxiety and wait, keeping fingers crossed, it happens in next few days, if not weeks.

Thanks for sharing the info, planning to send mail to complaints id.

Hope someday, the services are improved and people start feeling they are getting value for money.

Hopes
Nagi

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hi rhid,

That is indeed very frustrating. I have opted for Croydon PEO and my date is 30 Aug. I will be applying for SET (O) and for my wife FLR (M). Could I discuss my case with you? If you could help it will be great

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

You guys are lucky, you at least a months time. same problem for us, but the have asked to provide additional details and send us back.

still waiting... the have put the ball in our court and send us.....

I am dam sure that they could process our application without the additional document........

now waiting.......................and it goes on...................................
daily , i am checking our post box promptly by 10:30 am.

It is clearly evident that they have problem in their system (i really have a doubt in that....???~~) thats what they say......

This is obsoletely ridicules that they collect money for premium service in the morning and say system problem in the evening and having a practice to say daily....

GOD , Please also save UKBA, along with QUEEN.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

simbo
Newly Registered

Post by simbo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:43 am

I've been granted ILR under Tier 1 (General + HSMP) category at PEO Croydon. I would like to thank God and all the forum members of all the advice posted here.

Quick summary:

Booked appointment online for 24th July at Croydon PEO 10:40am for me and my wife. Have a son born here so no need to waste the money

24th July Croydon 11:00am: I was let in through Airport style security
as soon as we stepped in heard announcement about problem with biometrics.
11:30am Payment accepted via postal order
11:40am: 1st Floor- Form gets checked and details entered on system
1:15 pm: 1st Floor - Bio-metrics is done and told to wait for number.
2:30pm: 2nd Floor - Token called and the lady requested all my documents I brought for the application.
Lady asked why accountant letter was so short. Answered it was straight to the point and confirmed earnings from business. CW made me sit right in front of her for 20 minutes then said she was ok with documents but cannot say anything as biometrics down.

Waited till 5pm and she said we should go, expect a call within 1 to 2 days.
went back to manchester by train with hearts in mouth. No call till 01/08/2012.

Then at 8:30 am on 01/08/2012 wrote strongly worded letter to parliamentary ombudsman, did not bother with MP. Current leave to remain expiring on 20/08/2012 and did not want to wait for weeks before taking action.

Received email at 1:00pm from customer service person at ombudsman confirming CW will get back to me.
Got call from case worker at 1:30pm that ILR has been granted. Went to peo on 02/08/2012 to pick up my documents with confirmation that biometrics will be received in a few days.

Documents submitted:
Cover letter
Application Form
Break-up of leaves outside UK (less than 40days)
personal bankBank Statements showing salary and business payments.
Pay Slips
Cohab documents
Business accounts for the period stating profits for the period claimed
Letter from accountant confirming earnings and ACCA registration.
No invoices submitted.

My advise is to start complaining as soon as possible so that your case can be resolved soonest. I did not want to imagine loosing my job and house and everything I have worked for so long because of it issues.

art30
Newly Registered

Post by art30 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:07 pm

hi, congratulations to the ones who have been successful and good luck to the ones still waiting...
could someone let me know how did you manage to make an appointment at an PEO as i have been trying for days with no joy.
cheers.

ajaykumar1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumar1980 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am

Hi guys,

Sorry its my first post if posing in wrong thread or post. Sitting at croydon office. Today looks IT problem day. Here are details:
Case: SET-O straight application
appt at 8:45 reached at 7:45was allowed to go ahead
Payment taken at8:05am.
Since then waiting for biometric, no other processing going on. Now ticket count has gone to 60 but no biometric due to IT problem. bad day.

I'm first one for biometrics.

Keep u updated.

art30 wrote:hi, congratulations to the ones who have been successful and good luck to the ones still waiting...
could someone let me know how did you manage to make an appointment at an PEO as i have been trying for days with no joy.
cheers.

msingh966
Newly Registered

Post by msingh966 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm

ajaykumar1980 wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry its my first post if posing in wrong thread or post. Sitting at croydon office. Today looks IT problem day. Here are details:
Since then waiting for biometric, no other processing going on. Now ticket count has gone to 60 but no biometric due to IT problem. bad day.

Keep u updated.

art30 wrote:hi, congratulations to the ones who have been successful and good luck to the ones still waiting...
cheers.
Hi Ajay,
I was also in the same boat but a little later than youself in Croydon on 13th August 2012. I reached 11:10 for 11:40 appointment but heard the biometric issues. Fee was taken very fast, passport details were entered and biometrics done by 14:10. After this there was no call. At 5:30 called at one of the window. She said, there is an IT issue, you can now submit all your original+ xerox docs and will let you know in 2-3 days. Nothing heard today. Hope to hear tomorrow.. Please update if you hear something from the so called premium service.

ajaykumar1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumar1980 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 am

Sorry guys,

Bit naive on how to use forum. I did posted a message but look like only to myself only.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/privms ... d&p=260553

hi art30,
Sorry to hear this that no decision. Its frustating really. Hope you get the response soon. I was the first one for PR there in morning and somehow they managed to give me decision at 1:30pm although case worker clearly said that they are not sure if they wil give decision today as they can't access some biometric verification database due to IT problem.

He said in 7 days u will get brp but it's yet to come. pls follow the board to be proactive to write complaint at all level, its outrageous.

To get appointments, I was sitting sharp at midnight on sunday night. started clicking at11:56 and kept on going. at 12:00 website stopped responding. Probably due to load. I kept on doing it for next 25 minute and was about to loose heart and ooowaaaahh...the appointment on 42nd day appeared(3rd sep). On top of it was 13 aug 8:45am. It looks someone cancelled it over the weekend.

I booked 13 aug straight awy without delay. One of my friend however found some available in morning around 6:30.

Hope this helps. pardon me if i hve mixed two messages. too difficult on phone. I will try to summerise it all sometime.

Thx
ajay
cheers.
[/quote]
Hi Ajay,
I was also in the same boat but a little later than youself in Croydon on 13th August 2012. I reached 11:10 for 11:40 appointment but heard the biometric issues. Fee was taken very fast, passport details were entered and biometrics done by 14:10. After this there was no call. At 5:30 called at one of the window. She said, there is an IT issue, you can now submit all your original+ xerox docs and will let you know in 2-3 days. Nothing heard today. Hope to hear tomorrow.. Please update if you hear something from the so called premium service.[/quote]

ajaykumar1980
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumar1980 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:20 am

Hi msingh,art30

I think i messed it up again. pls refer to my post above individully.
Thnks
msingh966 wrote:
ajaykumar1980 wrote:Hi guys,

Keep u updated.

cheers.
Hi Ajay,
I was also in the same boat but a little later than youself in Croydon on 13th August 2012. I reached 11:10 for 11:40 appointment but heard the biometric issues. Fee was taken very fast, passport details were entered and biometrics done by 14:10. After this there was no call. At 5:30 called at one of the window. She said, there is an IT issue, you can now submit all your original+ xerox docs and will let you know in 2-3 days. Nothing heard today. Hope to hear tomorrow.. Please update if you hear something from the so called premium service.

melborn
Newly Registered

Post by melborn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:49 am

Hi,

I'm English by birth and my GF is Canadian. We used the Premium service to apply for an extension of my gf's visa on the FLR(M) form, we went to the Croydon office on 20th Nov 2012.

We have lived together as a couple since my gf arrived in the UK on 10th Jan 2011 which means we should qualify as living together as partners for almost 2 years. We moved property during the middle of this, and this seemed to cause great confusion to the person processing our claim. (surely its normal to move house??) He also kept asking for documents proving our cohab in the uk in 2010, despite us clearly stating that my gf did not arrive into the UK until 10th Jan 2011.

Stupidly on our part we did not bring my gf's employment contract as we overlooked it on the instructions. Therefore we were advised immediately that the decision would be delayed, and that our application would be mailed to the sheffield office. We were given a document advising us what we needed to post to the sheffield office. We posted these documents to the sheffield office the next day and the post office confirmed that delivery was received.

My gf is on a fixed term employment contract until January 2013 and her place of work are pressuring her to prove she can extend her visa. Our landlord is also selling our property and we have to move out, but cannot commit to long term contract elsewhere as we don't know what the UKBA decision will be, or how the delay will affect her job security. This makes finding another property difficult. I've stressed to UKBA that we need some kind of feedback but are not giving any inclination of their decision or on how long it will take.

I fear that the documents may not even have been matched as the form given to us had a field which read "Reference number: Your ref". (How can they numerically match that when they process 100,000s of documents a year???)

Does anyone know how long they are likely to take to respond on a delayed decision from the premium service?

Cheers,
Michael

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am

The 24 month minimum co-habitation in 'a relationship akin to marriage' is mandatory with the documented evidence to support this. An application submitted in person would not have been successful as PEO staff would have to refer this to a case worker at a higher level. Unfortunately, you may well be facing a refusal. As you weren't able to provide the required documents for a full 2 year co-habitation the application will now join the postal queue without priority.