ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview, moving home and travel - advice please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

watkykjy
Newly Registered

Interview, moving home and travel - advice please!

Post by watkykjy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello all,

Really hoping you can give me some advice. I received my invitation letter and have booked my ceremony for the end of August.

1) I will be moving home shortly so I was wondering if I need to notify of change of address when I apply for the passport (or in the interview?!).
I do have mail forwarding set up from old address to new, but of course since application is 6 months old the original form lists the old address.

2) Also, I need to travel for work in September. Approximately how long after the ceremony will I be able to do the interview and receive my new passport? Is there perhaps a way to fast track this?

Many thanks in advance.

watkykjy
Newly Registered

Post by watkykjy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Can anyone help please?!

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't think it's necessary to inform them of your change in home address but just to be sure, just give them advice. I may be wrong. By the way, they'd probably ask you of your home address (the one you indicated in your application form) during interview. There are cases even when they ask you how you got to the interview venue from your home. This might be immaterial but thought you might be interested to know :)

For fast track passport application service, please read through this link:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/travelandtr ... /dg_174149

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Glc wrote: For fast track passport application service, please read through this link:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/travelandtr ... /dg_174149
And it says near the top:
Allow at least six weeks for a first adult passport

In most cases you will need to attend a passport interview, so Fast Track and Premium services don't apply. The timings in this section are for other applications.