ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR UNDER 10 YEAR RESIDENCY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

ILR UNDER 10 YEAR RESIDENCY

Post by sweetykaur » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi
I am completing 10 years in Sep 2012(all student visa). What are the documents do I need to send along with my application. I have got 3 dependents(my husband & 2 kids) with me. Do I need to take Life in the UK test? Pls guide

khanjaan

Re: ILR UNDER 10 YEAR RESIDENCY

Post by khanjaan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

sweetykaur wrote:Hi
I am completing 10 years in Sep 2012(all student visa). What are the documents do I need to send along with my application. I have got 3 dependents(my husband & 2 kids) with me. Do I need to take Life in the UK test? Pls guide
Its better to apply through solicitor
you need to do LIFE in the uk test and husband need to do either Ielts or english test and need to pass that in a minimum level .
and you need to apply for SAR
you can apply 28 days before your 10 years
previous passports previous any dated documents

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

khanjaan wrote:you can apply 28 days before your 10 years
I am not sure if this is applicable for 10 years residency applications. I think this option is only for WP/Tier 1 & 2 applicants.

Seniors please suggest.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm

tier1Reading wrote:
khanjaan wrote:you can apply 28 days before your 10 years
I am not sure if this is applicable for 10 years residency applications. I think this option is only for WP/Tier 1 & 2 applicants.

Seniors please suggest.
You can apply 28 days before you complete the 10 year period.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:44 pm

khanjaan wrote: and you need to apply for SAR
Obtaining the SAR file is not a requirement. Yes it can assist with calculating absences etc and seeing what information is on your file at UKBA.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Make sure that you do not have a gap on your 10 years residence. For this a SAR would be useful (but not necessary). However, since you are intending to apply by September, I find it unlikely that you receive it on time (I have been waiting for mine for more than 40 days). Other than that, read the guidelines very carefully from here;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

You should be aware that your dependants cannot apply with you in this category. For dependants I would recommend you to read this;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105162

So as an answer to your question, at least partially, you need to satisfy these;

1)The applicant must have:
o 10 years continuous lawful residence
2)There are no reasons why it would be against the public interest to grant leave, taking into account the applicant’s:
o age
o strength of connections to the UK
o personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record
o domestic circumstances
o compassionate circumstances
o any representations received on the person’s behalf
3) The applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement.
4)The applicant must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

Finally, download the form SET(O), and read it very carefully. It will tell you what documents you will need to satisfy these requirements.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:40 pm

khanjaan wrote:
Actually if you read the form, spend some tIme reviewing previous and current queries/discussions in this forum , and simply ask for help with anything you are not clear on, that might just save you the solicitor fees.

However, your own circumstances might dictate otherwise.

Good luck.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
khanjaan wrote:
Actually if you read the form, spend some tIme reviewing previous and current queries/discussions in this forum , and simply ask for help with anything you are not clear on, that might just save you the solicitor fees.

However, your own circumstances might dictate otherwise.

Good luck.
You dont have to wait for SAR when you apply sar then you can attach acknowledge that its still in process which they can obtain it aswell

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

Post by sweetykaur » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 pm

NOG wrote:
Obtaining the SAR file is not a requirement. Yes it can assist with calculating absences etc and seeing what information is on your file at UKBA.
Thx for your reply. Since my case is very straight forward with no gaps.I think I only need Life in the UK pass notification letter plus all my passports & BRP's with all home office letters proving 10 years residency.Pls clarify

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

Post by sweetykaur » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:12 pm

NOG wrote:
Dear Senior
My dependents(husband+ 2 kids) visa will expire 1.5 months after I apply for ILR in Sep. So shall my husband wait for my result or he should apply for FLR(M) (including kids in the application) at the same time as me? Pls guide

sweetykaur
Newly Registered

Post by sweetykaur » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 pm

khanjaan wrote:
husband need to do either Ielts or english test and need to pass that in a minimum level .

I don't think my husband need IELTS or English test when he apply as my dependent using FLR(M) after I apply for ILR in Sep under long residency rules. Seniors pls clarify

Ged

Post by Ged » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:55 pm

As you will see in the section 4 of the SET(O) form, you certainly need The Life in UK test unless you already have an ESOL test certificate you had in the past. It is not IELTS test you will need. Your husband will need LIUK test when he is converting into ILR. For FLR(M) language requirements please check section 8 of FLR(M) application form. A list of approved english qualification can be found here;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

By the way, there is no way you can get the reliable information you need without reading the for SET(O), and FLR(M) form yourself first.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:28 pm

sweetykaur wrote:
NOG wrote:
Dear Senior
My dependents(husband+ 2 kids) visa will expire 1.5 months after I apply for ILR in Sep. So shall my husband wait for my result or he should apply for FLR(M) (including kids in the application) at the same time as me? Pls guide
You should apply for your husband and kids along with your application on FLR(M) with a covering letter explaining their circumstances. As their visas are soon expiring and HO takes long time to reach on a decision, so if your dependents do not apply at the same time as you, they will become illegal and will have no chance to get any visa then. if they had like 6,7 months in their visas then it would have been better for them to wait until you get your ILR.