ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lack of information & transparancy on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malang
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Lack of information & transparancy on ILR

Post by Malang » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Dear all,

I just found out about this forum late afternoon yesterday after my husband and I were tensed not able to make an online booking for ILR premium service. I am on dependent working permit visa (with 2 daughters) which will expire on the 1 September 2012. We also just found out that we have to pass Life in he UK test before we book an appointment (Is that true?).

We had pass the test yesterday and we end up spent the rest of the day to change the date and locations of booking. We did again just after midnight for about 45 minutes and still no luck, the message still the same "We do not have any appointments available for your preferred dates and locations.
Please change your preferred dates and location and search again".

After reading from difference topics in this forum, I gathered that the booking appointment made of today onward will take to the 14 of September. In that case we will be overstay (14 days).If we are able to make the booking lets say tonight.

Could any one of you spare your thought on our situation, what would you do if you are in our situation. I really appreciate your kindness.

Many thanks,
Malang. :cry:

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 pm

You will only be able to get 1st September appointment if someone cancels it which happens but not that often so only thing I can suggest is keep looking.

If you can't find the appointment then do a postal application and do not let your visa expire because if you apply after expiry then your application will be invalid from the start.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 pm

One tip that may help....the system is updated daily at midnight and will include cancelled appointments that have been released. If you still have no luck, apply by post.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Lack of information & transparancy on ILR

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:46 pm

keep trying 09:00am, till 10:30am you may get as one of my friend got this time .

keep trying you will get otherwise try for belfast of cardiff you may get that

mfreidin

Re: Lack of information & transparancy on ILR

Post by mfreidin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:09 pm

If you fail to get an appointment, just send a postal application.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi

The mid night technique for booking an appointment works perfectly fine I did tried it all the time but that's true that I've only seen appointments available after 42 days period not any prior to that.

As being adviced by Casa (Moderator) of this forum I would suggest the same thing that if you failed to get a PEO appointment then just do a postal application that's all I can say as well.

Good luck for your ILR.

Malang
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Anyone make booking appointment through solicitor?

Post by Malang » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 am

Hi,

We leave it too late to make booking an appointment for PS- ILR, UKBA call centre suggesting to contact a solicitor/lawyer or agency who are some time has a quota for an appointment.

After making 12 phone call and a couple inquiries emails to the immigration agencies, I got reply from one of law firm that able to help us to get a slot for an appointment on the 30 of August. We had conversation about term and condition including the price then an hour later he send us an email with the booking reference confirmation, Date: Thursday, 30 August 2012. Time: 9.10 AM; Location: Croydon; Number people attending: 4; Referense: 4-2-......

I was thinking to call UKBA to confirm the appointment before making the payment to him or this letter is already confirmation from the UKBA?

I really appreciate for your answers,
Malang.

leo_sangha

Re: Anyone make booking appointment through solicitor?

Post by leo_sangha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Malang wrote:Hi,

We leave it too late to make booking an appointment for PS- ILR, UKBA call centre suggesting to contact a solicitor/lawyer or agency who are some time has a quota for an appointment.

After making 12 phone call and a couple inquiries emails to the immigration agencies, I got reply from one of law firm that able to help us to get a slot for an appointment on the 30 of August. We had conversation about term and condition including the price then an hour later he send us an email with the booking reference confirmation, Date: Thursday, 30 August 2012. Time: 9.10 AM; Location: Croydon; Number people attending: 4; Referense: 4-2-......

I was thinking to call UKBA to confirm the appointment before making the payment to him or this letter is already confirmation from the UKBA?

I really appreciate for your answers,
Malang.
What i've understood from this forum is that solicitors have some slots that are available for them. If you really want to appear in person, trust him.