ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joelm2400
Newly Registered

Questions about Financial requirements

Post by Joelm2400 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello all!

So my wife and I have been married for a little over 2 years and currently living in the US. Life being what it is, my wife is ready to move back home, and we are looking to do so soon.

I currently am working for a web hosting company, with the ability to work remotely on a permanent basis (from anywhere in the world!). I currently have an income of around $63,000 (£40,000) per year, while my wife is unemployed. My question is this. If I am keeping my same job (I can provide a letter from my employer) at the same income, am I able to use that salary to satisfy the income requirements? My main bank account has my wife's name on it as well so I am wondering if this will work.

I do apologize if a similar question has been asked before, if it has I couldn't seem to find it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm

If you have a secure job and your employer confirms that you can work remotely from the UK permanently. I believe this should be fine.

In terms of having a joint account with your wife, it works to your advantage really. It shows that your relationship is genuine and you are living together.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Joelm2400
Newly Registered

Post by Joelm2400 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Honestly, best news I've heard all day! Thanks for the help!

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Although I am not an expert advisor, this should be considered as an opinion only.

Having researched intensively for my wife to join me in the UK, I gathered some logic with the UKBA processes.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised