ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment too close to visa expiry date?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

garin5
Newly Registered

PEO appointment too close to visa expiry date?

Post by garin5 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi,
I've been silent reader of this forum for a while and now hoping that someone might be able to help ease my worry.

I booked PEO appointment on 29th of June for my ILR for the 10th August in Croydon 9 AM but two days ago my appointment was being cancelled without my consent. The email reads:

"If you did not cancel your appointment:

* we may have cancelled your appointment because of severe weather or other unpredictable events;
* we are sorry for any inconvenience; and
* you must book a new appointment."

I did nothing when i saw the email and hoping i can get another book in PEO. Fortunately i did managed to book one in Glasgow on 30th August at 2.30 PM. The thing is visa will expired on 3rd of September.

Right now i'm worried that there might be a case where the application faces problems due to the application being made to close to the expiry date. And also of any possibilities that UKBA website might cancel my appointment again without any prior notice! So frustating.

I'm also thinking of sending my application by post but the thoughts of having uncertainties for 3-4 months waiting for the result is not very appealing to me...

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.

layman

Post by layman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Did you call the UKBA helpline to confirm if the apptmt is really canceled and if yes, why it was canceled?

For the apptmt close to the visa expiry, that should not be a problem as long as you have all the required documentation. Result might be delayed due to whatever reasons(IT issues, verification, etc) so keep the dependants application ready and post it irrespective of your application result. If you get the result immediately , you can update the reference number in the dependant form else mention your application details in the dependant application cover letter.

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 am

Hi Guy's,

I need an appointment on 5th November , Can i book peo appointment before 90day's through the ukba website.I tried but the slots are not available , please advice .

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:55 am

kamalmin wrote:Hi Guy's,

I need an appointment on 5th November , Can i book peo appointment before 90day's through the ukba website.I tried but the slots are not available , please advice .
No you can't. Only 42 days in advance available.

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Many Thanks Guy's :D