ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside UK before tier 1 renewal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vin1983

Travel outside UK before tier 1 renewal

Post by vin1983 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi

My tier 1 general is valid till january 2013. I am planning to travel to india for 2 weeks in november and then apply for extension after I return back in december first week.

Is this going to be a problem since I will have only a month of valid visa remaining when I am returning to UK? Do I need to take any specific document with me so that I can show it to immigration while returning?

Thanks
Vin

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Travel outside UK before tier 1 renewal

Post by longshift » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 pm

vin1983 wrote:Hi

My tier 1 general is valid till january 2013. I am planning to travel to india for 2 weeks in november and then apply for extension after I return back in december first week.

Is this going to be a problem since I will have only a month of valid visa remaining when I am returning to UK? Do I need to take any specific document with me so that I can show it to immigration while returning?

No Documents needed. Your passport should be a enough to get you entry since you have valid leave. They will ask you few questions at the airport so be prepared to answer them. They cant stop you and there is no law that binds people from not travelling close to their visa expiry.

Thanks
Vin

vin1983

Re: Travel outside UK before tier 1 renewal

Post by vin1983 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks a lot :)
longshift wrote:
vin1983 wrote:Hi

No Documents needed. Your passport should be a enough to get you entry since you have valid leave. They will ask you few questions at the airport so be prepared to answer them. They cant stop you and there is no law that binds people from not travelling close to their visa expiry.

Thanks
Vin

kamalmin
Newly Registered

Post by kamalmin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:27 am

if you have employment in uk its not an issue other wise you will face lot of questions on airport immigration officers

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:07 am

Hi

I am employed in UK and will take a letter from my employer that I am a permanent employee. If I get a PEO appointment by that time then will take a printout of that also. Hope this will suffice. As mentioned correctly there is no rule which prohibit s people not to come back if visa is valid

Thanks
kamalmin wrote:if you have employment in uk its not an issue other wise you will face lot of questions on airport immigration officers