ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Urgent Inquiry for Child REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZ

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divmehta
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Inquiry for Child REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZ

Post by divmehta » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Hello There,

Please allow me to clarify the VISA Status for my baby girl....Basically I have recently rec'd the Indefinite Leave to Remain - Settlement VISA - Biometric Residence Permit rec'd on 2nd July 2012 .

However I had not applied for my baby's ILR on advise by my Solicitor as I was asked to Register the baby as a British Citizen as she was born last Year July 2011

Before I applied for the ILR , I was holding a UK Residence Permit (Tier 2 Work Permit under non-point based system ) and so since my Baby was born last Year July 2011 , I had applied for her
UK Entry Clearance VISA which is valid till 04/09/2013

So question is that now that I hold an ILR Permit ( I did not apply for my child's ILR ) , is my Baby's existing UK VISA still valid till Sep 2013 ?

Reason for asking is that I need to travel to India in November 2012 , so want to know whether I should apply for my child's REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZEN (form MN1) before I do the Travel or Can I do it after I enter back in UK in Jan 2013 ??

Can Baby travel outside UK on existing VISA (VISA WORK PERMIT DEPENDENT) even though I now hold an ILR ....OR...Should I apply for my child's REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZEN (form MN1) before I travel outside UK ??

Also please can you clarify the Process for ""Child REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZEN"" as below =>>

1) I need to fill ==> ""FORM MN1 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF A CHILD UNDER 18 AS A BRITISH CITIZEN ((April 2010)) ""

2) Fee for this is : £551 ....

However in the FEE Leaflet I need to mention "HO Ref:" so what is this ??

3) I need to send the filled in form and supporting documents at:

UK Border Agency
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

I Await your reply then

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi,

Just to simplify my query I only want to know whether my Baby's existing UK VISA still valid as the VISA she got was a Dependent VISA when I had my Limited Leave to remain.

Now that I have an ILR, can the baby still travel on her existing UK VISA which is valid till Sep 2013

Reason being I am traveling to India very soon so don't want to apply for British Registration & British passport which will take 3 months atleast

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:26 am

divmehta wrote:Hi,

Just to simplify my query I only want to know whether my Baby's existing UK VISA still valid as the VISA she got was a Dependent VISA when I had my Limited Leave to remain.

Now that I have an ILR, can the baby still travel on her existing UK VISA which is valid till Sep 2013

Reason being I am traveling to India very soon so don't want to apply for British Registration & British passport which will take 3 months atleast
The answer is No. Your child's dependent Visa is no longer valid because your limited leave to remain does not exists anymore. You had the option to include your child in ILR application which you have not opted.

However, your child might be eligible to apply for British Citizenship via registration.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 am

The child can travel outside the UK but to be allowed to enter back into the UK, a valid visa is required as the current visa is not valid any more.

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks a lot for your time and help