ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

flr(m) fund requirement under old rules before 9th july ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z18runway

flr(m) fund requirement under old rules before 9th july ?

Post by z18runway » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:22 pm

dear members,
I too understand new rules on or after 9th July 2012 that one has to maintain £18600 to sponsor a dependent.

my query is my dependent fall under old rules, so what is the fund requirement if i have to sponsor her as a partner for ILR holder.

In December I am going to apply for ILR under Long Res. category, while filling flr(m) form for my dependent, how much money should i show as earning ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: flr(m) fund requirement under old rules before 9th july

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

z18runway wrote:I too understand new rules on or after 9th July 2012 that one has to maintain £18600 to sponsor a dependent.
In that case you don't understand as it's not necessary to maintain that amount. You merely need to have an annual salary that amounts to this figure.

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks Luca, so just to clarify ur salary is not important. However, is there a funding requirement in that case for FLR M if pre July 12 rules apply?

z18runway

Re: flr(m) fund requirement under old rules before 9th july

Post by z18runway » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
z18runway wrote:I too understand new rules on or after 9th July 2012 that one has to maintain £18600 to sponsor a dependent.
In that case you don't understand as it's not necessary to maintain that amount. You merely need to have an annual salary that amounts to this figure.
clear answer please lucapooka,

and i will make my point more clear. My per annum earning is £16,925. Will this be ok ?

new rules £18600 , so old rules £ (how much) ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 am

The maintenance requirements under the pre 9th July rules require you to have at least the amount that a couple on income support would receive after your rent and council tax have been deducted from your income.

You can find the relevant rates here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=104025

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:38 am

Greenie, it talks abt an amount £482.95 per calendar month for a couple (no children). But it is still not clear HOW MUCH one needs to show? I mean for HOW many months? Are u saying that if I show £483 in my bank acc maintained for the last 1 month it is OK? Can u pls clarify?

Also if old rules apply then in the FLR M form under Section 7A what should I fill? Bcos tht talks abt the £18.6k income and it does not give u any option

jbm

Post by jbm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Please correct me if i am wrong, according to my understanding you donot need to fill 7A just answer 7.1 yes and move on to 7B as it clearly mention in the guidance notes that ''you need to meet the financial requirment if you made your first application to enter or remain here as a partner after 9th july 2012''
when you fill 7B there is question that is your sponsor working in the UK answer 'yes' if yes, what is their pay each month after tax and other deduction.(you need to mention ur partner salary here)

Dear moderator please correct me if i am sharing anything wrong as i am appling soon and it be helpfull to know right thing. thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:27 pm

so no one is having correct answer, everything is just a guess

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:59 am

z18runway wrote:so no one is having correct answer, everything is just a guess
My answer above is not guess. Follow the link provided in my post above. No one can tell you based on your salary alone whether you meet the requirements. It depends on your housing costs and how many children you have etc. The relevant calculations you need to make are available in the link above.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 am

Greenie wrote:
z18runway wrote:so no one is having correct answer, everything is just a guess
My answer above is not guess. Follow the link provided in my post above. No one can tell you based on your salary alone whether you meet the requirements. It depends on your housing costs and how many children you have etc. The relevant calculations you need to make are available in the link above.
thank u

art30
Newly Registered

Post by art30 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm

hi, could anyone help here.
im trying to make an appointment at a PEO office and all i get is :no appointments are available for these dates:. i have tried different dates with no joy...
any information as it seems lots of people have been able to make appointments.
my wife is applying using FLR(m) form.
any help is appreciated,
thanks.