ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Month short of 10 year Long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aakkoo
Pakistan

Month short of 10 year Long residency

Post by aakkoo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm

I need an advice, i will really appreciate your expieriences.

I got uk visa on 8 Aug 2003 and enter uk on 8 Sept 2003, i dont have any gap in between my visa extension and no long stay outside uk.

My current Tier 1 visa expire on 1 July 2013 and according to my calculation i will b eligible to apply for long residency on 8 Aug 2013. So there is one month gap from 1 July 2013 to 8 August 2013.

As per my undestanding i have three options

1. Do an extension of tier 1 as currently i am on 1 part (2 year) of tier 1.

2. Apply for Tier 1 extension and as my time completes for long residency withdraw my under process case and re-apply for long residency.

3. Just apply for long residency and keep the fingers cross.

Plz senior guys advice wats best for me.
"Pray before you are Prayed upon"

z18runway

Re: Month short of 10 year Long residency

Post by z18runway » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:29 am

aakkoo wrote:I need an advice, i will really appreciate your expieriences.

I got uk visa on 8 Aug 2003 and enter uk on 8 Sept 2003, i dont have any gap in between my visa extension and no long stay outside uk.

My current Tier 1 visa expire on 1 July 2013 and according to my calculation i will b eligible to apply for long residency on 8 Aug 2013. So there is one month gap from 1 July 2013 to 8 August 2013.

2. Apply for Tier 1 extension and as my time completes for long residency withdraw my under process case and re-apply for long residency.

you have to count your visa from the date you entered the country not the date you received your visa, that is for 10 years , your counting should start from 8th of august 2003 (i.e) the date you entered the country( check guidance of set(o) for reference.

iam not letting you down, dont feel bad, on the guidance it says " if you have entered the Uk several weeks after the date of issuance of visa, the date you entered the Uk will be taken into account

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:46 pm

z18runway wrote:
aakkoo wrote:I need an advice, i will really appreciate your expieriences.

you have to count your visa from the date you entered the country not the date you received your visa, that is for 10 years , your counting should start from 8th of august 2003 (i.e) the date you entered the country( check guidance of set(o) for reference.

iam not letting you down, dont feel bad, on the guidance it says " if you have entered the Uk several weeks after the date of issuance of visa, the date you entered the Uk will be taken into account
what if he can apply 28 days before completing 10 years i.e 8 August so 28 days will be around 10 July. still short of 10 days.

You may take the risk and send one day before. put a cheque of 5 days ahead :) when payment cleared you had your 9 years and 11 months completed.
Dunno seniors can advice.

My advice is to don't take risk get your tier 1 extension and straightaway send for ILR. DOn't think of money . you have all your life to earn money.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks Ryan i will keep that cheque thing in mind. First can the senior guys confirm when i am eligible to apply for long residency.

Can the senior guys help me out here.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 pm

If i cannot apply for Long Residency then i will have to make documentations for Tier 1 extension which i am hesitant. Any good hope for me ....

Advice needed.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:35 pm

aakkoo wrote:If i cannot apply for Long Residency then i will have to make documentations for Tier 1 extension which i am hesitant. Any good hope for me ....

Advice needed.
You have to make an application for tier 1 extension and once granted you can make application of ILR in your time. It does cost money but thats the only option other than taking risk

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm

david1955 wrote:
aakkoo wrote:If i cannot apply for Long Residency then i will have to make documentations for Tier 1 extension which i am hesitant. Any good hope for me ....

Advice needed.
You have to make an application for tier 1 extension and once granted you can make application of ILR in your time. It does cost money but that's the only option other than taking risk
100% agree. like i said above you have whole life to earn money but i know y u saying this because u have to declare tax , company accounts its hassle i know.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Thx ryan and david for the reply.

Wat about the 2 option i.e if i send my application for tier 1 extension and as my time completes for ilr, send the change of circumstances form and reapply for ILR?? Will that b legal.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:30 pm

aakkoo wrote:Thx ryan and david for the reply.

Wat about the 2 option i.e if i send my application for tier 1 extension and as my time completes for ilr, send the change of circumstances form and reapply for ILR?? Will that b legal.
not possible.

if u want to get that urgently sorted out, then u can apply for tier 1 extension using premium facility which u will u get within 1 day and the next month u can apply for your ILR

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 am

You may vary a pending Tier 1 extension application to ILR when you become eligible for the latter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aakkoo
Pakistan

Post by aakkoo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Thx Vinny for such a valauble reply.

So if i got it right, if i apply for Tier 1 extension before or on 30 June 2013 and as i am waiting for the Tier 1 biometric, on ILR time completion i can switch my case for ILR.

Second thing my time in Uk will start from my visa date or from my date of entry to UK.

Thx

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:22 am

I believe that, for long residence, it's from the date of your initial entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.