ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions for FLR(M) form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smkengr

Few questions for FLR(M) form

Post by smkengr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi All,

I have got Premium service on day appointment for myself 29 Aug 2012. I am planning to apply for my wife FLR(M) visa by post as her requirement for ILR of 2 years have not been met yet. She is here in UK for last 1 year and 5 months.

I need to ask few questions regarding FLR(M) form

1. Should I leave blank Section-4 (Dependant Children who are applying with you) as I am planning to apply for baby for nationality as she was born in UK this year after I get ILR?

2. Should we leave blank the Section-7A (FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS)?

3. What we have to fill in the SECTION-8 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT? Will this apply to Tier-1 dependant who is in UK for last one and half year?

4. As mentioned in SECTION 12 - DOCUMENTS
Your partner's current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK.

If I have to send my passport with my wife's documents then I won't be able to travel so no benefit of going on premium service for my service otherwise should take appointment for my wife as well. Is this a necessary requirement to send my passport with wife documents?

many thanks,

Sam

Alle

Post by Alle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi,

Can someone please respond to these queries, as I am filling the same form for my partner who is in the UK as a Tier 1 dependent. I got my ilr last week through the premium service and now looking to go for a PEO appointment for my wife who is living with me in the UK for the past 6 months

As mentioned does section 7a apply to my wife's case who is already in the UK as a tier 1 dependent? if so can someone please explain briefly on howmuch I have to show as maintenance fund and what documents can I present as proof for this requirement.

Section 8 from my understand it is required to show proof of english knowledge and last time I checked IELTS general is adequate.

Lastly is there a section in the form that asks if we fall under the rules in place before 9th July as it will affect the qualifying period for ilr

Sorry for the lengthy post, this forum has been really helpful and its the only source I can get clarifications on my questions

Thanks
Alle

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Any suggestion?

asim72
BANNED

Re: Few questions for FLR(M) form

Post by asim72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:12 am

smkengr wrote:Hi All,

I have got Premium service on day appointment for myself 29 Aug 2012. I am planning to apply for my wife FLR(M) visa by post as her requirement for ILR of 2 years have not been met yet. She is here in UK for last 1 year and 5 months.

1. Should I leave blank Section-4 (Dependant Children who are applying with you) as I am planning to apply for baby for nationality as she was born in UK this year after I get ILR?

Yes.

Leave Section-7A.
But do not forget to fill out Section 7B - Maintenance

3. What we have to fill in the SECTION-8 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT? Will this apply to Tier-1 dependant who is in UK for last one and half year?

Yes

Your partner's current passport or travel document showing that he/she is present and settled in the UK.

If I have to send my passport with my wife's documents then I won't be able to travel so no benefit of going on premium service for my service otherwise should take appointment for my wife as well. Is this a necessary requirement to send my passport with wife documents?

You say that you are applying same day at PEO. So where do you think you are going to send your passport? Disneyland?
You just show it to them on the day of your appointment.

many thanks,

Sam

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

asim72 wrote:
smkengr wrote: 4. As mentioned in SECTION 12 - DOCUMENTS

You say that you are applying same day at PEO. So where do you think you are going to send your passport? Disneyland?
You just show it to them on the day of your appointment.

many thanks,

Sam
As I said previously " I am planning to apply for my wife FLR(M) visa by post as her requirement for ILR of 2 years have not been met yet. She is here in UK for last 1 year and 5 months. "

I will apply after my ILR, my question is will I have to send my passport with my wife case(docs)?

I think words were and are pretty much clear.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

I am in Similar situvation.....

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi All,

[b]YES[/b]

NO... YOU HAVE TO FILL SECTION 7-A SINCE YOU ARE APPLYING AFTER 9TH JULY (TO REMAIN IN UK )

YES. YOU HAVE TO PROVE HER ENGLISH LANGUAGE BY TAKING TEST OR BY HER UK NARIC LETTER WITH HER QUALIFICATION OUT OF UK

YES . HER PASSPORT , YOUR PASSPORT AND YOUR IRL SANCTION LETTER. YOU HAVE TO GO FOR PREMIUM SERVICE FOR YOUR WIFE TOO TO HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS BACK ON THE SAME DAY.

[b]HOPE THESE INFO IS USEFUL TO YOU

REGARDS

TAMILMARAN[/b]

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks guys for replying me here but I am bit confused for the following question.

@asim72 said:

Leave Section-7A.
But do not forget to fill out Section 7B - Maintenance

@tamilmaran said:

NO... YOU HAVE TO FILL SECTION 7-A SINCE YOU ARE APPLYING AFTER 9TH JULY (TO REMAIN IN UK )

Can any body make it clear who is right and who is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 am

Hi,

I am going to apply FLR(M) for my wife next week & I have filled both
1. SECTION 7A - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
2. SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE

As I am applying after 9th July so it's better to fill Section 7(a) as it
will show that we are meeting the new requirements.

Thanks,

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm

You do not need to fill 7A since for ur wife OLD rules apply. However, u need to show maintenance funds for 3 months. Make this very very clear in your cover letter to the Home Office.

It sounds like ur wife is already in the UK, right? If yes, then she must be on a dependent visa? So with regards to ur English language question, what did u provide as evidence in the first instance. if u were able to establish that in the beginning, why cant u show the same in the current scenario? What is ur wife's qualification? is her Uni not in the list of approved Uni list in the UKBA website? if yes, then that itself will prove that she has English knowledge. However, I will strongly advise her to sit for Life in the UK test. You have been married for more than 1 year so with 2 years of marriage u might be eligible for ILR (that is if u r at first eligible for ILR). I suggest u both sit for the test and get the Life in the UK test out of way.

Sal2007

Post by Sal2007 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:13 am

I think you need to say 'Yes' in 7.1.

and go to section 7B-(Maintenance)

As you know your dependent's first visa was granted to enter UK as rules applicable before the 9th July 2012.

Salary thresholds are applicable for the applicant who are applying first time after 9th July 2012.

I have got same situation you have and I am intending do what I have mentioned above.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:23 am

I have posted many questions on this forum but recently none of them have been answered by the moderators yet :(

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 am

send2archan wrote:I have posted many questions on this forum but recently none of them have been answered by the moderators yet :(
I am also in the similar situation and I have done the following.

Filled up
1. SECTION 7A - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT
2. SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE

Produced evidence for both
1. SECTION 7A - FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT - Job offer letter
2. SECTION 7B - MAINTENANCE - bank statements

ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT

Even though I have not taken English test when i came in 2010, now I got my certificates sent to UKNARIC and got my english launguage level is C1 level.

I have filled in 2.3 in the (if you are applying for any other reasons - please explain belo
" REUIRE FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN BEFORE APPLYING FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN (ILR) TO COMPLETE TWO YEARS IN UK AS DEPENDANT [ BEFORE 9TH JULY 2012 RULE ]

And I have applied through Post

Hope this finds useful for you

Regards

Tailmarran
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks Tamil :)

For FLR (M) how much is the funding requirement?

jbm

Post by jbm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:53 am

asim72 wrote:
smkengr wrote:Hi All,

Yes.

Sam
Hi kind people! need some more help as i start filling flr m form for my wife.
just to recap i applied for ILR long residence in march 2012 and not got any response back from HO yet, my wife is my tier 1 dependent(granted oct 2009 untill 17 anu 2012)
and my two son born in UK
and i am not including them with my wife flr application and as prevouily discussed apply for their BC registration directly once i get ILR.
i have some queries regarding this form which i cannot understand how or what to anwser.
please give suggestions.

Section 4: Dependent chidren who appling with You . this is mandatory section and we have to anwser as application is invalid if we dont fill this section.
i though i have fill this section??? is this ok to leave that section empty? because now if i anwser yes to 4.1, i have to anwser 4.6 aswell where they ask about child passport and nationality details. will home office not ask us about
their status or why not we include them as according to them they are overstayed once their leave expire.

Section 7A: Financial Requirment- Read Guidence Note part 21, according to which i not need to meet these requirments then what option i have to select
7.1 'yes' or 'no' if yes than what kind of evidence i have to give for 7B

i think these are the points where i stuck. please adivce

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:02 pm

@orbis2 & @Alle: Has your wife got extension in FLR(M)?

@jbm:

I think its good to leave the section 4 if you are not applying for your kids along with your wife as it clearly states "Dependent chidren who appling with You", what I will be doing in my wife case I will leave section 4 but will put a note on section 4 that please see the attached covering letter and in covering letter I will explain why I am leaving this section and why I am not applying for my kid "If the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status."

@All: Is it a good idea to say Yes to 7.1 in section A and then fill Section B, and C and describe why I selected Yes to 7.1 on page 26? Is there a quote or reference from UKBA which clearly states that if you are in UK on dependant visa before 9 July 2012 then you are exempt from Financial requirement? As FLR(M) guidance does not say anything regarding this. I must say FLR(M) guidance is addressing only for new cases, for those who will be new entrance or will extend there stay on the bases of 9th July 2012 rules not for those who are already in UK on dependant visas.

Also we can mention our child details in 7.16 if we leave section 4 blank.

jbm

Post by jbm » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 am

smkengr wrote:@orbis2 & @Alle: Has your wife got extension in FLR(M)?

@jbm:

I think its good to leave the section 4 if you are not applying for your kids along with your wife as it clearly states "Dependent chidren who appling with You", what I will be doing in my wife case I will leave section 4 but will put a note on section 4 that please see the attached covering letter and in covering letter I will explain why I am leaving this section and why I am not applying for my kid "If the child was born in the UK before one parent had ILR/PR, then once one parent is granted ILR, the child is entitled register as BC under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act irrespective of their immigration status."

@All: Is it a good idea to say Yes to 7.1 in section A and then fill Section B, and C and describe why I selected Yes to 7.1 on page 26? Is there a quote or reference from UKBA which clearly states that if you are in UK on dependant visa before 9 July 2012 then you are exempt from Financial requirement? As FLR(M) guidance does not say anything regarding this. I must say FLR(M) guidance is addressing only for new cases, for those who will be new entrance or will extend there stay on the bases of 9th July 2012 rules not for those who are already in UK on dependant visas.

Thanks very much smkengr, would you plz clear me where is 7.16 becouse in my form its 7.12 where they is anybody else live with you in the property. and than its section -8.

regrading financial requirment i am refering guidiance note 21(d) where it says: 'You need to meet financial requirment if you making your first application to enter or remain as partner on or after 9 jluy 2012'. so as we are explaining in coveriny letter that applicant has already granted spouse visa before 09 july 2012 i believe its cover point.

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:03 pm

jbm wrote:

@jbm:

Thanks very much smkengr, would you plz clear me where is 7.16 becouse in my form its 7.12 where they is anybody else live with you in the property. and than its section -8.

regrading financial requirment i am refering guidiance note 21(d) where it says: 'You need to meet financial requirment if you making your first application to enter or remain as partner on or after 9 jluy 2012'. so as we are explaining in coveriny letter that applicant has already granted spouse visa before 09 july 2012 i believe its cover point.

@Jbm:
Are you looking the same FLR(M) form? Yes, its 7.12, 7.16 in old form but the same version. Looks like they have updated the form again.

jbm

Post by jbm » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

smkengr wrote:
jbm wrote:

@jbm:

@Jbm:
Are you looking the same FLR(M) form? Yes, its 7.12, 7.16 in old form but the same version. Looks like they have updated the form again.
yes it new form came out on 30 july 2012 07/2012v2. if you applying after 30 july 2012 you have to use new one.