ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:18 pm

[quote="blessed_sinner"]This is the most annoying and ridiculous time of my life.[/quote]

Tell me about it man, it is very frustrating when we dot even what is the delay for and if any further information will be required.[/quote] i can imagine buddy.this is very hard time in our life.but atleast they are clearing the backload.if there was still old policies we cant get our results before 2014.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 am

PQ: NATURALISATION – NUMBERS AND NATIONALITIES SINCE 2005
Tue, July 10, 2012
Deputy Maureen O’Sullivan asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of persons, since 2005, that have been naturalised every year and to date in 2012; and if he will give an indication of the top ten nationalities that have been naturalised since 2005.

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): The top ten nationalities naturalised since 2005 are Nigerian, Filipino, Indian, South African, Chinese (including Hong Kong nationals), Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Ukrainian, Russian Federation nationals and nationals of the United States of America.Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): I am advised by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service that the number of Certificates of Naturalisation issued in the years 2005 to 2012 were approximately 1 400, 1 400, 1 500, 3 100, 4 500, 6 400, 10 700, and 12 300 in the year to date respectively.
[/b]
Source

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 am

PQ: NATURALISATION – SPOUSE OF IRISH NATIONAL
Tue, July 17, 2012

Deputy Noel Grealish asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of persons that have applied for naturalisation on the basis of being married to an Irish citizen since it was no longer possible to make a post nuptial declaration of citizenship, 29 November 2005; the number of those applicants since 29 November 2005 that have been deemed acceptable to be naturalised and eligible to apply for citizenship; the number of applicants since 29 November 2005 that have been refused as eligible to apply for citizenship; the number of applications now pending for spouses of Irish citizens since 29 November 2005; the logistics of interdepartmental checks that take place for this process; what the departmental checks entail; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): The number of persons that have applied for a Certificate of Naturalisation under section 15A of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956 as amended for the period from 29 November 2005 to 30 June 2012 is approximately 7,300. This section refers to the circumstances in which spouses of Irish citizens may become naturalised.
In the period in question the approximate number of applications approved, including a small number lodged before the 29 November 2005, is approximately 4,300, the number deemed to be ineligible was 400 and the total number refused was 160. The number of applications awaiting decision is some 2,800, almost 80% of which were lodged in 2011 and 2012 to date.
The Deputy will appreciate that naturalisation applications must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure that citizenship is not undervalued and is given only to persons who satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria. The processing procedures, which I am satisfied are necessary to maintain the integrity of the naturalisation process, have been developed and refined over a number of years.
The procedures employed to assess an applicant for naturalisation include an initial examination upon receipt of each application to determine if the statutory application is completed fully. Incomplete application forms are returned to the applicant for further attention. Valid applications are then examined to determine if the applicant meets the statutory criteria set out in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act such as good character and lawful residence, and, as appropriate, enquiries are made with the relevant Departments and agencies to establish if the applicant meets the requirements for the granting of naturalisation. Once these processes are completed, the application is submitted to me for a decision which I make in my absolute discretion by assessing the entirety of the information available to me.
Source

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:28 am

PQ: NATURALISATION APPLICATIONS – BREAKDOWN OF NUMBERS GRANTED AND APPROVED, REASONS

Tue, July 17, 2012

Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for citizenship by naturalisation processed by his Department between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011; the number of applications that were approved; the number refused; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation were granted between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011, disaggregated by the applicants previous nationalities, age and sex; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation refused between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011 disaggregated by the applicants nationalities, age and sex; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation refused between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011, disaggregated by the reasons for the refusal; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation refused between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011 on the basis that the applicant had come to the adverse attention of the Garda Siochana; and if he will disaggregate the data by the applicants nationalities; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation were refused between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011 on the basis that the applicant had come to the adverse attention of a member of the Garda Siochana in situations where the applicant has not had a conviction recorded against them; and if he will disaggregate the data by the applicants nationalities; and if he will make a statement on the matter.
Deputy Dara Calleary asked the Minister for Justice and Equality the number of applications for Irish citizenship by naturalisation approved between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2011 in cases where the applicants had come to the adverse attention of a member of the Garda Siochana; if he will disaggregate the data by the applicants previous nationalities; and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): I propose to take Questions Nos. 584 to 590, inclusive, together.
The number of applications processed for the period from 1 January to 31 December 2011 was approximately 15,000. The number approved was approximately 13,000 and refused was approximately 600. In addition, almost 1,200 applications were deemed to be ineligible.
The primary aim since I was appointed Minister in March 2011 has been to reduce the large volume of cases on hand as swiftly as possible which has now been achieved in the majority of cases and I am confident that significant inroads will also be made with the remaining cases by year end. I can also inform the Deputy that from June 2012, in the generality of cases i.e. around 70%, persons applying for a certificate of naturalisation will be given a decision on their application within six months.
For the information of the Deputy the situation in March 2011 was that there were over 22,000 cases on hand and applications were taking an average time of over two years to process and many were waiting 3 to 4 years. Through the measures I introduced enormous progress has been made, notwithstanding a substantial increase in the volume of valid applications received in 2011, during which a total of 18,500 valid applications were received compared to 12,500 in 2010. As stated above, approximately 15,000 valid applications were determined in 2011. By contrast, in 2010, a decision was reached in just under 7,800 cases. In 2012 to date, I have made a decision in approximately 15,600 cases.
The Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956, as amended, provides that the Minister may decide to grant or refuse an application in his absolute discretion on a case by case basis by assessing the entirety of the available information. Where an application is refused the applicant is generally given reasons for that decision insofar as the explanation given cannot be interpreted as a fettering of the absolute discretion given to the Minister in the Act. I would make the general comment that this issue has been tested before the Courts and found to be in accordance with the law. The Deputy will therefore appreciate that it would be inappropriate for me to provide the information sought in respect of the reasons for refusing applications for naturalisation. In any event, I am advised by the Citizenship Division of my Department that the retrieval and compilation of this and other information requested by the Deputy for the period in question would necessitate a disproportionate use of time and resources which could not be justified in circumstances where the priority is to deal with the cases on hand.
Source

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 am

so they are working fast enough then last govt.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:11 am

so they are working fast enough then last govt.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 am

citdep wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:
IQU wrote:you guys will get next approvals end of august or beggining of sep .i wish you good luck those are still waiting for it.
Thanks for your best wishes.

courny

I had applied in Oct 2011 and got ref Number in Jan 2012. I believe we have to have faith in INIS as they aim to clear all back log by the end of his year. I guess we all will have Irish citizenship before the end of this year. :)

it is amazing, based on what you're saying when backlog is referred to applications that are applied in 2011, I wonder what term should we use for applications which are applied in 2008?

my spouse applied in 2008 and still no news, still they are waiting for garda report, they have recently asked for proof of address (which we have sent and they confirmed they've received it) and the letter was stated to be in further processing applications but no news since then.

but I am amused since applications of 2011 are considered to be the backlog, then 2008 applications are either mission impossible or legacy.

This is the most annoying and ridiculous time of my life.
Weird they are waiting for Garda report for all EU/Irish spouse for applicants 2008-2010, my wife asked for similar report for US visa and she got it in less than 2 weeks but for her application they are waiting for it since 10/2011

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am

fine geal and yhe Min Allen Shatter e the best

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 pm

did any one received acknowledgement for new application from department recently. :?:

nissa

Post by nissa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:32 pm

After read above questions and answers look like no case from 2005 to 2011 will be left unprocessed and all cases will be decided by DEC 2012.i am Feb 2011 applicant and i hope the doj will clear the back log of all applications until dec 2011 before dec 2012. lets see what news will come up after few weeks.doj should clear all the back log of 2011 before dec 2012 other wise too many questions will arise on the statements given out by the officials that the back log will be cleared by dec 2012.

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi.. my friend get letter yesterday that send Photocopies of passport all pages and Copy of GNIB within 28 days .
he applied for citizenship oct 2011 .base on Irish son .
what will be next happend with application Proses and Did any one get like this Letter before ???
llll

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:02 pm

they just want to check your friend residence permission.its better if your friend send them all passport photocopies and all if (he have)gnib card copies.he may get his decision next batch.it all depend how fast your friend send them all document mention in letter with register post.... dont forget to update his/her application in this form .good luck

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 am

Hi, I applied in Decemeber 2011 and received a reference on 2nd day. Since then no communication whatsoever. I contacted them couple of times but always got the same reply. Is it a good sign or bad?

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 am

blessed_sinner wrote:Hi, I applied in Decemeber 2011 and received a reference on 2nd day. Since then no communication whatsoever. I contacted them couple of times but always got the same reply. Is it a good sign or bad?
got ref on 2nd of Jan or next day???

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 am

hunjra wrote:Hi.. my friend get letter yesterday that send Photocopies of passport all pages and Copy of GNIB within 28 days .
what will be next happend with application Proses and Did any one get like this Letter before ???
how old is your friend???

nissa

Post by nissa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Any one rang doj is there phone system changed call is going on recording did some 1 noticed if leave measage will they ring back something . Phone system working ditferently then before Please share

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:40 pm

sun_in_rome wrote:
hunjra wrote:Hi.. my friend get letter yesterday that send Photocopies of passport all pages and Copy of GNIB within 28 days .
how old is your friend???
He is 28 years .
llll

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:56 pm

IQU wrote:they just want to check your friend residence permission.its better if your friend send them all passport photocopies and all if (he have)gnib card copies.he may get his decision next batch.it all depend how fast your friend send them all document mention in letter with register post.... dont forget to update his/her application in this form .good luck
Thank you bro for reply .yes he did photocopies of all pages and GNIB as well ,He give to his Lawyer to send them as soon as possible. I hope they will send tomorrow. I will update his Application Story :) I hope too next batch he will get it .If God wills !''
llll

Soco

Email address for citzenship department?

Post by Soco » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Angel592 wrote:Hi everyone :)

We refer to your email dated 20th July 2012 on behalf of Ms. ***********

Person ID: ********
Application ID: ********-CITZ-12

Ms. ***** lodged a valid application for a certificate of Naturalisation
with this Department on ** November 2011.

Ms. ********'s application is currently being processed with a view to
establishing whether she meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. However, the nature of the
naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases

Ms. ******* will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached.

can you please write the email for citzenship dep.
Thanks

SOCO

nissa

Post by nissa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 am

did Any one rang doj is there phone system changed call is going on recording after few bells have some 1 noticed. if ileave measage will they ring back something . Phone system working ditferently then before Please share.thanks.

kike
Newly Registered

Post by kike » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:58 pm

nissa

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:38 am Post subject:
did Any one rang doj is there phone system changed call is going on recording after few bells have some 1 noticed. if ileave measage will they ring back something . Phone system working ditferently then before Please share.thanks.

You just have to continue to try the line. It happened when i rang them on last thursday but after like 10 attempts, it went through and suprisingliy, i wasnt put on hold like the old system.

Soco

Post by Soco » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 am

Hi every one,

Just wondering is this is the correct email address for the department of citizenship I need to email ( update me information) them my new job and home address.

citizenshipinfo@justice.irlgov.ie

Thanks

SOCO

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 am

Soco wrote:Hi every one,

Just wondering is this is the correct email address for the department of citizenship I need to email ( update me information) them my new job and home address.

citizenshipinfo@justice.irlgov.ie

Thanks

SOCO
Hi here is the e-mail address for Naturalization dept <citizenshipinfo@justice.ie>

However you will need to send in the proof of new job (letter from employer and 3 payslip ) and proof of new address ( original utility bill ESB/phone) via post also state you reff number to the Naturalization dept .
They will write back to you acknowledging the receipt of doc towards your application (in about 2-3 weeks) .
Not waiting any more

nissa

Post by nissa » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm

hi Citizenship dept has mentioned an email address info@justice.ie on their all official documents.the correspondence letter i have received after i submit my application having the same email written on it.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Angel592 wrote:Hi everyone :)

I applied for my citizenship in November 2011 and I'm still waiting. I recently sent the INIS an email to ask about my citizenship and I would like to share the reply I got from them. It has information about how many applications have been processed and what they are hoping to do by the end of this year. Wishing everyone the best of luck! :)

We refer to your email dated 20th July 2012 on behalf of Ms. ***********

Person ID: ********
Application ID: ********-CITZ-12

Ms. ***** lodged a valid application for a certificate of Naturalisation
with this Department on ** November 2011.

Ms. ********'s application is currently being processed with a view to
establishing whether she meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. However, the nature of the
naturalisation process is such that for a broad range of reasons some cases
will take longer than others to process. As well as being a significant
event in the life of its recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship
through naturalisation as provided for in law is a major step for the State
which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but
also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate
procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process. It is a
statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of
good character. In some instances that can be established relatively
quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a
considerable period of time.

The primary aim over the past year has been to reduce the large volume of
cases on hand as swiftly as possible and has now been achieved in the
majority of cases. In the period January 2012 to mid July, the Minister
made a decision on some 15,600 applications. By contrast approx 15,000
valid citizenship applications were determined in 2011 and just under 7,800
cases in 2010. It is expected that significant inroads will also be made
with the remaining cases by year end.

You may also wish to note that since June 2012, in the generality of cases
i.e. around 70%, persons applying for a certificate of naturalisation will
be given a decision on their application within six months.

Ms. ******* will be contacted as soon as a decision is reached.

Does anyone know what stage my application would be at? I haven't been contacted at all since I submitted my application apart from this.