ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous immigration history

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tipuk
Newly Registered

Previous immigration history

Post by tipuk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:27 pm

I was a student in UK from Pakistan, my visa was refused reason was that I worked more than 20 hours I broke the immigration rule, than I married a EU national she was in UK we went to Pak and got married it's almost 8 months now we married now I have applied for EEA FP from PAK are UKBA going to refuse my visa on previous immigration history or it's irrelevant as I m spouse of EEA nation please reply

gujjargujrati

Re: Previous immigration history

Post by gujjargujrati » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:59 pm

tipuk wrote:I was a student in UK from Pakistan, my visa was refused reason was that I worked more than 20 hours I broke the immigration rule, than I married a EU national she was in UK we went to Pak and got married it's almost 8 months now we married now I have applied for EEA FP from PAK are UKBA going to refuse my visa on previous immigration history or it's irrelevant as I m spouse of EEA nation please reply
were you arrested by UK police while working in UK ? What is nationality of your spouse? Did you apply EEA FP at BHC Islamabad and what was the decision exactly ? can you explain more about your situation?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 pm

gujjargujrati wrote:
tipuk wrote:I was a student in UK from Pakistan, my visa was refused reason was that I worked more than 20 hours I broke the immigration rule, than I married a EU national she was in UK we went to Pak and got married it's almost 8 months now we married now I have applied for EEA FP from PAK are UKBA going to refuse my visa on previous immigration history or it's irrelevant as I m spouse of EEA nation please reply
were you arrested by UK police while working in UK ? What is nationality of your spouse? Did you apply EEA FP at BHC Islamabad and what was the decision exactly ? can you explain more about your situation?
I was not arrested only my visa was refused, she is Spanish, I am still waiting for decision

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am

Her citizenship does not matter, as long as it is not British.

If you are married, the only way that UKBA can refuse the visa is if they suspect it is a marriage of convenience, then ask you for more information, and then refuse it.

How many weeks have you been waiting for the decision?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Her citizenship does not matter, as long as it is not British.

If you are married, the only way that UKBA can refuse the visa is if they suspect it is a marriage of convenience, then ask you for more information, and then refuse it.

How many weeks have you been waiting for the decision?
its just 2 weeks i will wait for another 2 or 3 weeks and c what happens

gujjargujrati

Post by gujjargujrati » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 pm

tipuk wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote:
I was not arrested only my visa was refused, she is Spanish, I am still waiting for decision
You are mentioning about you are waiting for decision and you say that you already have refusal decision.At the same time you are talking about 2 things. It is confusing ,cant understand what are you waiting for ?Explain what happened ? What is time line ? when did you apply and when decision was made ?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 pm

gujjargujrati wrote:
tipuk wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote:
You are mentioning about you are waiting for decision and you say that you already have refusal decision.At the same time you are talking about 2 things. It is confusing ,cant understand what are you waiting for ?Explain what happened ? What is time line ? when did you apply and when decision was made ?
Oye read the post properly i said my student visa was refused now i have applied for EEA FP i am waiting for EEA FP decision from last 2 weeks very simple.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:12 am

tipuk wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote:
tipuk wrote:
gujjargujrati wrote: were you arrested by UK police while working in UK ? What is nationality of your spouse? Did you apply EEA FP at BHC Islamabad and what was the decision exactly ? can you explain more about your situation?
Oye read the post properly i said my student visa was refused now i have applied for EEA FP i am waiting for EEA FP decision from last 2 weeks very simple.

oye keep waiting.,,i am waiting for 15 weeks.... i applied on 23rd of april

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 am

lalolaal wrote:oye keep waiting.,,i am waiting for 15 weeks.... i applied on 23rd of april
This is nothing to be proud of. And it suggests you have not been bothered to fix the situation.

Are you a direct family member, for instance the husband/wife of an EU citizen?

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
lalolaal wrote:oye keep waiting.,,i am waiting for 15 weeks.... i applied on 23rd of april
This is nothing to be proud of. And it suggests you have not been bothered to fix the situation.

yah im direct family member...i am eea national son..wat u know about me not bothering about situation..i have mailed them several times and they always says it is under process...now i think they are waiting for olympics to end and then they will grant visas to terrorist like me...

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

lalolaal wrote:

yah im direct family member...i am eea national son..wat u know about me not bothering about situation..i have mailed them several times and they always says it is under process...now i think they are waiting for olympics to end and then they will grant visas to terrorist like me...
Did u complain to UKBA UK, I think u should complain to UKBA UK or consult a solicitor and ask for compensation

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

I think it's no point to complain because email doesn't go in right hand, it's generic u can complain only if you have the right person email id

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 pm

tipuk wrote:

I think it's no point to complain because email doesn't go in right hand, it's generic u can complain only if you have the right person email id

my solicitor also mailed them and in reply they say that due to high number of application submitted they are unable to process application in time..they also says that i will be contacted soon..A week has been passed for this conversation and i got nothing...Tomorrow i mail them again and also give the reference from eea regulation 2006..I am dead sure taht they will do nothing... :evil:

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

lalolaal wrote:
tipuk wrote:

my solicitor also mailed them and in reply they say that due to high number of application submitted they are unable to process application in time..they also says that i will be contacted soon..A week has been passed for this conversation and i got nothing...Tomorrow i mail them again and also give the reference from eea regulation 2006..I am dead sure taht they will do nothing... :evil:
I wish u best my friend let me know if u get any reply and try to contact your local MP also

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 am

hi there,

I just had a quick question. My husband has applied for the eea fp from pakistan (lahore) it has been 5 weeks and 2 days and still it says application is under process. i have now checked the ukba website for processing time. however islamabad recieved 2 applications in june and both were dealt with within 3-5 working days. in lahore there was no application made in june.

im really confused, as to why they are taking so long on our application. im rreally upset becuase i want my husbnd here with me, as im expecting as well. i have attached proof of my health in the application itself as well.
can anybody plz help me put here.
also both my brother and sister sponsered their spouse over, and it took them both 2 weeks on the spot. can u believe it? and that was from paksitan.

now plz anybody some feedback would be great.
i was thinking the same, that maybe they are delaying it because of the olympics. thank god their over now. wht do u think?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:45 pm

sayra wrote:hi there,

I just had a quick question. My husband has applied for the eea fp from pakistan (lahore) it has been 5 weeks and 2 days and still it says application is under process. i have now checked the ukba website for processing time. however islamabad recieved 2 applications in june and both were dealt with within 3-5 working days. in lahore there was no application made in june.

im really confused, as to why they are taking so long on our application. im rreally upset becuase i want my husbnd here with me, as im expecting as well. i have attached proof of my health in the application itself as well.
also both my brother and sister sponsered their spouse over, and it took them both 2 weeks on the spot. can u believe it? and that was from paksitan.

i was thinking the same, that maybe they are delaying it because of the olympics. thank god their over now. wht do u think?
Did u email them asking why they are taking so long

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:58 pm

tipuk wrote:

Did u email them asking why they are taking so long

yeh i did, at first they did not reply. now they e-mailed me yesterday asking for my husbands passport number.
im just worried that their going to take just as long to answer to that as well now.

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Dont worry about the processing time..They will take at least 18 weeks and the processing time for eea famly permit on the ukba web is fake..A complete lie and dont bother to email them because i am doing since 17 weeks and they alway say its under process..now im thinking they might give me residence card.lolz

And one thing more i am not only the lucky guy....A person named gujjrati applied on 9th may and still waiting..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#683775

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:51 am

lalolaal wrote:

Dont worry about the processing time..They will take at least 18 weeks and the processing time for eea famly permit on the ukba web is fake..A complete lie and dont bother to email them because i am doing since 17 weeks and they alway say its under process..now im thinking they might give me residence card.lolz

And one thing more i am not only the lucky guy....A person named gujjrati applied on 9th may and still waiting..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#683775
Have you complain to European Commission,complain to European commission and involve your local MP.its no point complaning to visa officer they are just violating EEA law

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 am

i haven't how can i complaint to the eu comission? and i am thinking of contacting my mp, but the thing is, i was thinking that maybe things will go a little quicker, since the olympics have closed down... no?

tipuk
Newly Registered

Post by tipuk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:28 pm

sayra wrote:i haven't how can i complaint to the eu comission? and i am thinking of contacting my mp, but the thing is, i was thinking that maybe things will go a little quicker, since the olympics have closed down... no?
I dont think delay was because olympic i think they are doing purposely anyway wait for another 2 weeks than first complain to ur local MP than European commission,if u google u will find about European commission there is everthing on website.

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

thanks for your kind reply. I will give it a wait, but im just getting really impatient now. all this pregnancy catching up :(
but in the meanwhile ill look around to see if the EU Commission can do anything. I hve applied through a solicitor and hes saying that i should wait until the 3 months are over, and than hell do something about the delay... seriously?? i cant wait that long. :(

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 am

sayra wrote:thanks for your kind reply. I will give it a wait, but im just getting really impatient now. all this pregnancy catching up :(
but in the meanwhile ill look around to see if the EU Commission can do anything. I hve applied through a solicitor and hes saying that i should wait until the 3 months are over, and than hell do something about the delay... seriously?? i cant wait that long. :(
All these local MP dont have knowledge of eu regulations...My solicitor is also give the same argument but now almost 4 months have been passed and British high commission says my application is still under process....I can wish you best of luck but the stubborn bureaucracy will do nothing..

sayra
Newly Registered

Post by sayra » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 am

hi there,

well i did send a fuming e-mail yesterday, stating the law and all the rest of it. i did also mention that im not prepared to wait for an extended period of time for no apparent reason, since im fulfilling all the required crieteria...

i also mentioned in the email that if they leave this hanging im going to b contacting the ukba to file and investigation as to why it is taking so long for a decision to come through here in the uk *(which is perfectly posible here in the uk, i read up on it on the ukba website itself)

and also contact my local mp and the EU Comission regarding the matter.

i did sound pretty harsh but there is nothing else i can do.
anyways lets see as to what they do/reply.
i just hope that this does not effect my application...

lalolaal

Post by lalolaal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:46 pm

well i did send a fuming e-mail yesterday, stating the law and all the rest of it. i did also mention that im not prepared to wait for an extended period of time for no apparent reason, since im fulfilling all the required crieteria...

i also mentioned in the email that if they leave this hanging im going to b contacting the ukba to file and investigation as to why it is taking so long for a decision to come through here in the uk *(which is perfectly posible here in the uk, i read up on it on the ukba website itself)

and also contact my local mp and the EU Comission regarding the matter.

i did sound pretty harsh but there is nothing else i can do.
anyways lets see as to what they do/reply.
i just hope that this does not effect my application...
This is the reply i got after 10 days...S**T
Dear Mr XYZ

Thank you for your email of 06 August enquiring about the progress of your visa application . I can confirm that the application is currently under processed but no decision has been made yet.
Soon after the application is concluded, it will be returned to Visa Application Centre for collection. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.
Regards,