ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS PEO CROYDON, PAYE + SELF-EMPLOYMENT (SETO)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simi
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS PEO CROYDON, PAYE + SELF-EMPLOYMENT (SETO)

Post by simi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 pm

I want to appreciate the founder and the contributors of this forum. I have been a silent member for sometime before I also started my own little contributions.

I got my ILR today after the so-called premium service that lasted for 9 days.

My appointment was on 24th July with my family. We did everything included biometric but could not see the case worker due to IT problem when it was time for our biometric report to be transferred to the CW. At about 4pm they told us to submit our documents and they will work on it that evening and the following day. There is no update since then and documents were not returned neither was any biometric card sent. I then sent an email today at about 11.30am to the Croydon PEO, UKBA complaint office and also to the Parliamentary Ombudsman expressing my disappointment and frustration. The Parliamentary Ombusdman customer service replied me with a case id and said that they will contact me shortly, at exactly 4.41pm when I had even lost hope that nothing can happen again today being Friday, I got a call from Croydon PEO that my ILR has been approved and that the cards will be sent within 10 working days.

Below is the summary and documents sent:
2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1

Documents submitted:
Application form
Payslips - 12 months
Statement of Account for 12 months for both salaried job and self-employment business
Savings Acct Statement (though not asked for)
Cohabitation documents: Council tax, Tenancy agreement, Marriage Cert, Electoral paper, Southern Water bills
Invoices
Life in the UK pass notification
Passport photographs
Accountant's letter and Invoice summary
Employer's letter to cover holiday of about 21 days outside the UK
Total days absent from the UK - 93 days (73 + 21)

All these were photocopied except the application form
The income from PAYE and business were highlighted on the statement of accounts.

This is my story.

I thank God for everything and I wish as many as are having their appointments in future a great success free from IT troubles.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratualtions on getting your ILR really early and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future.

UKMASTER
Newly Registered

Post by UKMASTER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 am

Congrats brother !!!
:D :D

n_krishi
Newly Registered

Post by n_krishi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Congratulations !!!

Can you please share the template of the email you sent to the PEO and Ombudsman? Thanks...

simi
Newly Registered

Post by simi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Please note that I'm a sister and not a brother.

Find below my email to the Ombudsman:

My family and I went to Croydon PEO on 24th July, 2012 for a premium service for my Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR) in the UK, my reference number is .........

Our documents were checked, we made payments and did Biometric and we were told to wait to be called, we waited till about 4pm without being called by anybody, we were later told to submit our documents and application form which were to be worked on that evening and or the following day, they promised to send our biometric cards within seven days, all as a result of IT problems. Up till now, there's no biometric cards, no documents received and even there's no update on my application.

We actually paid for a premium service and never received what we paid for. Seven working days have passed, there is no message, this is not a fair treatment because, we wanted a day decision that was why we paid so much - £.... We waited and waited without a result, my children were hungry and tired, I was subjected to emotional disturbance.

Could you please use your good office to talk to them in Croydon office to please send our cards and documents as I have all along been emotionally disturbed on daily basis.

Thank you

The email to the Croydon office and UKBA is similar except the last paragraph which was not included.

I hope this satisfies your request.

Good luck.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 pm

simi wrote:Please note that I'm a sister and not a brother.

Find below my email to the Ombudsman:

My family and I went to Croydon PEO on 24th July, 2012 for a premium service for my Indefinite Leave to remain (ILR) in the UK, my reference number is .........

Our documents were checked, we made payments and did Biometric and we were told to wait to be called, we waited till about 4pm without being called by anybody, we were later told to submit our documents and application form which were to be worked on that evening and or the following day, they promised to send our biometric cards within seven days, all as a result of IT problems. Up till now, there's no biometric cards, no documents received and even there's no update on my application.

We actually paid for a premium service and never received what we paid for. Seven working days have passed, there is no message, this is not a fair treatment because, we wanted a day decision that was why we paid so much - £.... We waited and waited without a result, my children were hungry and tired, I was subjected to emotional disturbance.

Could you please use your good office to talk to them in Croydon office to please send our cards and documents as I have all along been emotionally disturbed on daily basis.

Thank you

The email to the Croydon office and UKBA is similar except the last paragraph which was not included.

I hope this satisfies your request.

Good luck.
thanks for the information. Can you tell us is every peo have different complain addresses or we can complain only at Croyodon address ?? what the complain email address of croydon please ?

KD1

Post by KD1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi Simi,

good to hear that your application got processed.
Could you share the contact details/email for your complaints with the forum for future reference?

Thanks

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 am

simi can you please send the email / address of parliamentary ombudsman where you complained.

thxx

vishal_t
Newly Registered

Congrats and self employed info

Post by vishal_t » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Simi
Many congratulations to you on this, i know its a great relief to hear the news :)
Just a quick question as I'm in a similar situaition and going to PEO end of month.
I'm self employed, and assume you were so as well, so how did you manage the payslips for 12 months ?Were you on PAYE from your business ? I'm looking at the documents for self employed who are not on PAYE - I believe a letter from accountant and dividend vouchers should suffice alongwith bank statements. Whats your take?

Regards
Vish

simbo
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS CROYDON PEO WITH IT ISSUES

Post by simbo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:12 am

I've been granted ILR under Tier 1 (General + HSMP) category at PEO Croydon. I would like to thank God and all the forum members of all the advice posted here.

Quick summary:

Booked appointment online for 24th July at Croydon PEO 10:40am for me and my wife. Have a son born here so no need to waste the money

24th July Croydon 11:00am: I was let in through Airport style security
as soon as we stepped in heard announcement about problem with biometrics.
11:30am Payment accepted via postal order
11:40am: 1st Floor- Form gets checked and details entered on system
1:15 pm: 1st Floor - Bio-metrics is done and told to wait for number.
2:30pm: 2nd Floor - Token called and the lady requested all my documents I brought for the application.
Lady asked why accountant letter was so short. Answered it was straight to the point and confirmed earnings from business. CW made me sit right in front of her for 20 minutes then said she was ok with documents but cannot say anything as biometrics down.

Waited till 5pm and she said we should go, expect a call within 1 to 2 days.
went back to manchester by train with hearts in mouth. No call till 01/08/2012.

Then at 8:30 am on 01/08/2012 wrote strongly worded letter to parliamentary ombudsman, did not bother with MP. Current leave to remain expiring on 20/08/2012 and did not want to wait for weeks before taking action.

Received email at 1:00pm from customer service person at ombudsman confirming CW will get back to me.
Got call from case worker at 1:30pm that ILR has been granted. Went to peo on 02/08/2012 to pick up my documents with confirmation that biometrics will be received in a few days.
Update: got biometric cards on 06/08/2012

Documents submitted:
Cover letter
Application Form
Break-up of leaves outside UK (less than 40days)
personal bankBank Statements showing salary and business payments.
Pay Slips
Cohab documents
Business accounts for the period stating profits for the period claimed
Letter from accountant confirming earnings and ACCA registration.
No invoices submitted.

My advise is to start complaining as soon as possible so that your case can be resolved soonest. I did not want to imagine loosing my job and house and everything I have worked for so long because of it issues.