ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudnal
Newly Registered

Query on ILR

Post by sudnal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi,
I came to the UK on 16th April 2007 on Work permit. When i applied for an extension in August 2009 to stay in UK it got rejected. Then i went to back to INDIA and applied for an Entry Clearance on Tier 2 Intra Company transfer in Aug 2009 and I came back to UK in Oct 2009 on the new visa.

Key point is that i have changed from work permit to Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer.

Also to mention, my overall stay away from UK is only 100 days during the entire period from April 2007 to Jul 2012.

Will i be eligible to apply for ILR in the current circumstances. One of my friends mentioned to me that my clock re-sets from the time i received an entry clearance in Aug 2009 and not from April 2007, when i came in first.

Any advice would be appreciated.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

You can if there has been no gap in your visa. For eg if the visa expired on 1st sept then did you get tier 2 from 2nd sept? If it is not continuous then you wont be able to claim the stay for the initial 2 years.