ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help needed regarding NHS bills

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ca4nul

Urgent Help needed regarding NHS bills

Post by ca4nul » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi All

I need urgent help regarding nhs bills. I have UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) visa. I come in UK in March 2012. (come back again after 1.5 year gap). My wife came to UK on dependent visa on End of May 2012.

She was not yet registered with GP and deliver baby in hospital. At that time i wasn't on any job. Now nhs people asking me bill for hospitalization of my wife.

They are treating us vistors even though we have given them copy of our visas. But my understanding is nhs treatment is free for dependents and even for all visa holders whose visas are more than 6 month long.

Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:26 pm

It's not free if you (the PBS migrant) was unemployed at that time.

Please note that to be exempt from NHS hospital charges on this basis you must be in employment at the time you receive treatment. If you are here on a work visa but currently unemployed you will be charged for your treatment, unless you are otherwise exempt from charges.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... /DH_074381

z18runway

Re: Urgent Help needed regarding NHS bills

Post by z18runway » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:27 pm

ca4nul wrote:Hi All

I need urgent help regarding nhs bills. I have UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) visa. I come in UK in March 2012. (come back again after 1.5 year gap). My wife came to UK on dependent visa on End of May 2012.

She was not yet registered with GP and deliver baby in hospital. At that time i wasn't on any job. Now nhs people asking me bill for hospitalization of my wife.

They are treating us vistors even though we have given them copy of our visas. But my understanding is nhs treatment is free for dependents and even for all visa holders whose visas are more than 6 month long.

After digging into deep of your old posts, it is more suspicious and the query you have asked brings more controversy with your older posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:20 pm Post subject: Tier 1 Extension (UK and Foreign Earnings) Reply with quote
Hi Guys

I'm going to apply for Tier 1 Extension Visa. Because i have applied my first Tier 1 visa before April 2009 thats why i think i need £27000 in my annual income (please correct me if i'm wrong and any link to document will also a great help).

Now from last 8 month i'm on job earning £33K/Annual. It is £22K in 8 months. My question is, can i show my foreign earning for rest of period to sum up £27K.

Before 8 month i was in my home country doing job there.

Is there any document that states how much foreign earning should be for extension.

I know its bit different scenario, i have searched in this forum but couldn't find answer. PLEASE HELP.

this was the post you wrote before this query and how its possible you say that you didn't had the job while your wife delivering the baby ? but your previous post confirms that you have 33k per annual is salary

ca4nul

Post by ca4nul » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:11 pm

z18runway wrote:

After digging into deep of your old posts, it is more suspicious and the query you have asked brings more controversy with your older posts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:20 pm Post subject: Tier 1 Extension (UK and Foreign Earnings) Reply with quote
Hi Guys

I'm going to apply for Tier 1 Extension Visa. Because i have applied my first Tier 1 visa before April 2009 thats why i think i need £27000 in my annual income (please correct me if i'm wrong and any link to document will also a great help).

Now from last 8 month i'm on job earning £33K/Annual. It is £22K in 8 months. My question is, can i show my foreign earning for rest of period to sum up £27K.

Is there any document that states how much foreign earning should be for extension.

I know its bit different scenario, i have searched in this forum but couldn't find answer. PLEASE HELP.

this was the post you wrote before this query and how its possible you say that you didn't had the job while your wife delivering the baby ? but your previous post confirms that you have 33k per annual is salary
Not my enquiry... posting on behalf of my friend. but i dont think i have done any thing illegal. For God sake it is just a information.

Hope that enough for your suspicious thoughts :)

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:50 pm

ca4nul wrote:
z18runway wrote:

Hi Guys

Not my enquiry... posting on behalf of my friend. but i dont think i have done any thing illegal. For God sake it is just a information.

Hope that enough for your suspicious thoughts :)
i am sorry if that hurt you. There is nothing wrong if you add that info along with your post.
thanks

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 am

No, treatment is not free. Even if your friend has a valid PSW visa, they are NOT entitled to get free treatment on two different grounds:

1. As Lucapooka explained it to you, your friend doesn't meet the employment criteria

2. As your friend was not living in the UK in the previous 12 months, they don't meet the residence criteria either, hence they fall into the visitors category.

This is the link to the latest (2012) regarding this matter (not too different from the link provided by Lucappoka)

http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/gro ... 134418.pdf

It's also important that your friend settles the bill as soon as possible. According the the new regulations from October 2011:

A person with an outstanding debt to the NHS, who is subject to immigration control, can now be refused a new immigration application to enter or remain in the UK. This is to aid recovery of charges for NHS hospital treatment from overseas visitors not exempt from charge.

Hope this helps.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Now nhs people asking me bill for hospitalization of my wife.
How much they asking for?
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's not free if you (the PBS migrant) was unemployed at that time.
Is it free for the dependent of PSB migrant (Tier 1, Tier 2) if the main applicant working and paying tax?
N/A

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 pm

According to the initial post, the PSB migrant had been away for 1.5 years and came back to the UK in March 2012. He was soon followed by his wife, on a dependant visa, who came to the UK in May and used an NHS hospital to deliver a baby. However, the gentleman (PSB migrant) wasn't employed/paying taxes.

Based on this, they are not entitled to free NHS treatment regardless of the fact that he's a PSW visa holder.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:It's not free if you (the PBS migrant) was unemployed at that time.
Is it free for the dependent of PSB migrant (Tier 1, Tier 2) if the main applicant working and paying tax?
Surely simple logic should direct to the answer!