ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) - cohabitation proof when not in uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t2ilr
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) - cohabitation proof when not in uk

Post by t2ilr » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:47 pm

I am applying for ILR using SET (O) with my two dependents 1/ wife and 2/ daughter.

As per guideline I am suppose to submit cohabitation proof for at least two year, my wife was out of UK on maternity leave for 11 month. During my wife’s absence I was leaving at same address and my wife’s official communication (maternity pay slips/bank statement) use to come at same address.

My query:
Can I include any official document as a proof of cohabitation when my wife was not in UK (i.e. 11 month on maternity leave)? OR I have to submit 2 years proof when my wife was physically present in UK?

Many thanks in advance.

t2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by t2ilr » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Please can some one help!

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 pm

you can include anything tht you have for 2 years. Doesnt matter if your wife went away after coming and living with you in the UK as absences are allowed.

t2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by t2ilr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Many thanks for reply!

1. Can long absent like 11 month will be OK for dependent?
2. I am planning to include P60, bank statement and salary slip as a proof of cohab when wife was away will that be sufficient?

Has someone gone through the same situation then please comment.