ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Fee - No Ceremony Fee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

franerr
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Fee - No Ceremony Fee

Post by franerr » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi,

Few days ago I applied for Naturalisation via NCS in Cheltenham. I am an EEA country national who has been working in the UK for about 7 years so the application was straight forward for me but...I think I made one small mistake. When I read the "nationality-fee.pdf" file I skipped the first page and went straight for the table with the Naturalisation fee which I found to be £851 and that is the amout on the cheque that I attached to my application. Later that day I went through all of the notes and guides and found that the total fee should include £851 for Naturalisation and £80 for the ceremony.

Now my question is simple. Will this cause any problems with the application or will it just delay the whole process?

Glc

Post by Glc » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 pm

The £851 that you paid already includes the £80 ceremony fee. Nonetheless, if you made any error in your documents or fees (which you didn't, in this case), NCS would have informed your right away.

aprilclub

Post by aprilclub » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Glc wrote:The £851 that you paid already includes the £80 ceremony fee.
That is my understanding too.

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:34 am

You may also confirm this in the link below. It says that for applications made inside the UK, the additional £80 per applicant is[i] included[/i] to cover the ceremony fee.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... g-2012.pdf

franerr
Newly Registered

Post by franerr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Cool. Thx for the answers.