ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liverpool PEO today - Biometric Issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KD1

Liverpool PEO today - Biometric Issues

Post by KD1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi

I had my PEO appointment at Liverpool today and while everything else was fine the biometric results did not come trough as UKBA had technical issues.

I was able to submit the fingerprint and photo data but the results of the check did not come back.

CW said that he's fine with the rest of th docs but the results would be available next week and subject to that the decision and passports sent back and then the bio metric permit cards as well.

Just wanted to check off anyone can advise how long this can take to get resolved and when can I expect all the documents to come back along with the BRP card? I have some potential travel planned and wanted to explore options.

Also any other applicant at any other PEO today. Could you please keep updating this post to track when their decision letter and passports are received and when the Bio Metric docs are received. This can help all of us to track timelines.
Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi

I am really sorry to hear about your experience this IT issues is spreading like a cancer in UKBA no one really give you an exaxt time line when you'll be able to get your documents back I would just stay calm and patience that's all I can suggest and keep your fingers cross and hope for the best.

Please kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll recieve your ILR and then finally BRP cards.

Good luck for your ILR.

hi5
Newly Registered

Croydon PEO 03aug2012 - Biometric Issues

Post by hi5 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi KD1

My story is exactly same as you only difference is my POE appointment is at Croydon 3 aug 2012 @11:45
Finger print & pic was taken ,
Same answer was given to me ,CW said she is happy with all the document I gave , and she don’t need any additional information , but she can’t gave me approval letter because IT issue ; no biometric result .
She returned all my original document except passport, and said she can send it on post or I can come and collect it(wait for phone call for collection), I chose go and collect it personally
So I don’t have idea what’s going on is my application successful or not!
thanks

KD1

Post by KD1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 am

Thanka for sharing HI5.
Please could keep providing updates once you get a call from CW.

Thanks.

Rajanjha
Newly Registered

Re: Croydon PEO 03aug2012 - Biometric Issues

Post by Rajanjha » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:25 pm

hi5 wrote:Hi KD1

My story is exactly same as you only difference is my POE appointment is at Croydon 3 aug 2012 @11:45
Finger print & pic was taken ,
Same answer was given to me ,CW said she is happy with all the document I gave , and she don’t need any additional information , but she can’t gave me approval letter because IT issue ; no biometric result .
She returned all my original document except passport, and said she can send it on post or I can come and collect it(wait for phone call for collection), I chose go and collect it personally
So I don’t have idea what’s going on is my application successful or not!
thanks
Hello hi5, KDI

I am in the similar situation like you. I was also there in Croydon on 3rd aug for my ILR and case worker told me that all the papers are fine but due to IT issue she can't issue approval letter. Could you Pl let me know once you get any call from UKBA. Do you have any number where we can call for the status.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

There should be a contact number on the letter given to you on the day o your appointment.

Let's all keep this post updated in case of any news.

Anyone in the wider forum - please update if you have any news of the biometric system being back in operation.

hi5
Newly Registered

Post by hi5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 am

I just my online statment fee is not being taken out form account , so just check with HSBC bank they said payment is being authorized form them its just they did took it out :) its mean they must have some serious issue with there IT system.

is any one goin to call them today !

flubberz
Newly Registered

Post by flubberz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 am

I had the exact situation in Croydon too on the same day 03/Aug/2012.

It definitely is nerve racking !

And what about the extra we paid just to get a decision on the same day ! seems useless now !

Anyway got to wait I guess !

Rajanjha
Newly Registered

Post by Rajanjha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 am

KD1 wrote:There should be a contact number on the letter given to you on the day o your appointment.

Let's all keep this post updated in case of any news.

Anyone in the wider forum - please update if you have any news of the biometric system being back in operation.
Hi KD1,

I couldn't found any number on the letter what they have given me. Also case worker told me that there is no way i can call them up for status.

Hi hi5 - Pl let me know if you have any number.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

I just checked my bank account - payment has been processed but I don't think that has any bearing on the biometric issue.

The number I got on the letter was - 0870 606 7766.

I'll try and give them a call now.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:02 pm

I also attended Croydon PEO on 3 Aug when the biometric system was down.

I received a call this morning from case worker with some questions regarding my income. This afternoon she called back and told me my application has been approved. My supporting docs and approval letter will be sent by registered post to my home address tomorrow.

Can anyone share what the process is for premium applicants with regards to getting the BRP cards? I gave my fingerprints on friday at the Croydon office along with completing the necessary paperwork. I have a holiday booked for 8th September - I trust this final stage will not take weeks? As I paid for premium service I would expect not to wait a long time. Does anyone know?

Thanks

ericchiu
    Newly Registered

Post by ericchiu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Cazz10 wrote:I also attended Croydon PEO on 3 Aug when the biometric system was down.

I received a call this morning from case worker with some questions regarding my income. This afternoon she called back and told me my application has been approved. My supporting docs and approval letter will be sent by registered post to my home address tomorrow.

Can anyone share what the process is for premium applicants with regards to getting the BRP cards? I gave my fingerprints on friday at the Croydon office along with completing the necessary paperwork. I have a holiday booked for 8th September - I trust this final stage will not take weeks? As I paid for premium service I would expect not to wait a long time. Does anyone know?

Thanks
    Hi there, congrats!! what time was your appointment on Friday 3rd August? Mine is at 1:00PM and my ticket number is #166. Still haven't received any calls yet :(

BTW i was told that it will take up to 10 business days for the BRP card to be delivered by my company's immigration team, so you should be fine for your holiday i think.
    Thanks

Eric

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks Eric, pleased to hear that.

My appointment was for 14:00. My number was 170. I complained to the Manger at 15:30 when I realised I was not getting an answer that day, so whether she then went and point my application at the top of the pile (so to speak) is anyone's guess. Check out my post (dated 3 Aug) under the General Immigration forum for more details on my experience.

ericchiu
    Newly Registered

Post by ericchiu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Cazz10 wrote:Thanks Eric, pleased to hear that.

My appointment was for 14:00. My number was 170. I complained to the Manger at 15:30 when I realised I was not getting an answer that day, so whether she then went and point my application at the top of the pile (so to speak) is anyone's guess. Check out my post (dated 3 Aug) under the General Immigration forum for more details on my experience.
    Thanks Cazz. When they took my documents they left me a receipt (which I left it in my car and didnt bring it to work today). Do you know whether on that receipt there is a number for me to call?

Many thanks
    Eric

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't have my receipt with me today either sorry.

hi5
    Newly Registered

Post by hi5 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:05 pm

i personally belive we should wait by EOB tomorrow as system is down and we have weekend in between.
    i will call them on weds.
    thanks

ericchiu
    Newly Registered

Post by ericchiu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:17 pm

It is now EOB and i have no calls :(

very anxious.

AndrewNi
    Newly Registered

Post by AndrewNi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm

I had the same experience, and anyone think HO should refund the difference in price as it's not a premium service at all!

NOG
    Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm

UKBA ought to be ashamed of this biometric system which repeatedly fails with IT glitches. Oh, but then to expect otherwise would be uncharacteristic of these jokers.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

When I left the Croydon office on Friday, they told me I would receive a call the following week.

I checked the website, for Premium Applications it says 90% of cases are approved on the same day. They don't call it a Same Day Application, for good reason - it they did, I'd imagine they could be liable for failing to deliver.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Cazz - congrats for getting your approval call.
    I haven't heard back anything from the liverpool office till now.

I'm however hoping that since your application got processed that the Biometric system is back up and running and the CWs are progressing the backlog from Friday. I've decided to give them one more day for completing the process before I start trying other methods of contacting them.

I tried calling the number that was given on the letter I received from the CW on Friday but that number is of no help as the standard response is that no application queries can be responded to. Any other ideas of contacting the UK BA by phone or email?

Thanks,

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi guys
    I attended Liverpool PEO on Friday at 13:00, I got the same problem. I have been told that they will send ILR approval letter it this week, it takes 5-7 working days to get biometric card.

Hope you all keep update on your application.

Rajanjha
    Newly Registered

Post by Rajanjha » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Congrats Cazz for your approval. My appointment time was 08:25am and ticket number was 12 however i am yet to get the call from UKBA. At 12pm case worker did told me that all the documents are fine and it is just a matter of issuing the approval letter but yet to hear from them.

dushyant211083
    Newly Registered

Post by dushyant211083 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi All.. Same experience with me.. My token number was 001 on 3rd aug@croydon. :)
    CW said paperwork is fine and waiting for biometric result.
    At the end of the day CW asked me to leave and told me that they will let me know by Tuesday. No Call Yet.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm

If you had someone assess your supporting docs and tell you all was fine subject to biometric results, at least you have peace of mind you've been successful (assuming no criminal record, I think that's linked to the biometric test) - no one was prepared to look at my docs on friday, so I got angry, which led the case worker to go and get her manager to come and speak with me. You'll probably hear something tomorrow.