ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK Spouse / Settlement Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vj100
Newly Registered

Applying for UK Spouse / Settlement Visa from India

Post by vj100 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi,

I am an UK citizen and my fiancee is from India, we are going to marry next month in India. For UK Spouse / Settlement Visa I have gone through the UK border agency website and it says what form needs to be filled online and the required supporting documents but I need some assistance from someone here who has gone through this process recently. If you can provide me some info on time about

1) List of supporting documents, any covering letters etc..

2) Time taken to get the visa

3) Did you go through a solicitor in the UK to help with the documents

Regards,

Vijay

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm

We are both on the same boat... however, I got married last year September, but just about to apply for my wife's visa. I'm waiting for July's bank statements before submitting the application. I'm in UK and she is in India....

I'll let you know how it goes... don't waste money going to solicitors.. they are not worth the money they charge for consulting.

- My wife is applying in Chennai as well.. and I will be updating progress on this site...

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi

You need various documents, heres list but not exhaustive and its your decison how much or how less you submit - but got to convince immigration officer it a geniune relationship and you can financially support her with out recourse to public funds .

6 months bank statments where your salary or other income gets piad
Saving statements if any
Property Deed or tenancy document
Mortgage statement
Letter from employer with start dates and salary details
Notorised passport copy
Marriage certficate
HSE inspection report to show you have suitable and adequete housing
Payslips
Cover letter (optional)
Items of corrospondonce, greeting cards, letters, emails
Itemised phone bill showing you keep in touch with your wife
Utility bills
Educational achievements
Photo's of wedding, been together
Travel documents if been on trips together
Statements of money transfer - remittence

Visa processing times are approx 4 months from india at present. For complex cases can take longer.

Solictor is not necessary, but if you cant be bothered and are comfortably rich then use a GOOD solictor.

kamaljit kaur
- thin ice -

uk settlement visa

Post by kamaljit kaur » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:33 am

Married in UK??????
Looking for valid English Language Test for UK??????
Solution is HERE!!!!!!!!
A Benchmark
We deals in all UKBA approved testing and training of English Language Courses. Whether it is ESOL Level A1 test for UK spouse visa/settlement visa or B1 and B2 test (Level 6+) for UK student visa. We are highly experienced in teaching all level of students. Even a weakest student can clear these tests without much effort under our expertise training. We have our Head office in JALANDHAR & branch office in LUDHIANA. So students can join either in JALANDHAR or in LUDHIANA. we are authorized from City & Guilds, London to take this test in our office premises(Ludhiana).
Edited by moderator

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 am

Perhaps your own English would benefit from further study before offering assistance to others. :?