ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:38 am

Congratulations!

That's really quick!!!! I did biometrics on 29th May, still waiting to hear back now...
yogeshbro wrote:Wow guys... I have received my passport this morning and a letter confirming that I should receive my BRP card within 10 working days...I am truly ecstatic.. Olympic day has brought some luck to me.

Application date: Around 18th May 2012
Biometric letter received: 8th June 2012
Biometrics done: 12th June 2012
Passport and docs received: 27th July 2012
BRP Received: Should receive soon.

la
Member of Standing

I got my brp visa who was lost in India.

Post by la » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Application type : BRP card lost in India
Application submitted first time: 24-April-12
All documents returned as Invalid application ( because payment page is missed) on May 16nth 2012

Application submitted again with postal order payment: 18-May-12
Date of Biometrics at post-office: 11-June-12
Date passport and documents received: 30-July-2012
Date BRP card received: 30-July-2012

Almost 7 weeks after biometrics.

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi, i applied on 9th May, and received biometric letter on 24th May. Have you got anything?
apple0 wrote:Has anyone who applied at the end of May received a biometrics letter yet? I do not see how a two month wait for a letter can be considered reasonable. And then it sounds like, best case, it takes another two months to get everything back after that.

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Wow, congrats on getting your stuff so quickly, yogeshbro!

Mine's been 9 weeks since biometrics, and no word yet...

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 am

JulieB wrote:Wow, congrats on getting your stuff so quickly, yogeshbro!

Mine's been 9 weeks since biometrics, and no word yet...
Yah, It has been a quick turnaround for me atleast. I received my BRP card today after arranging redelivery from DX. I should have received earlier in the week but was not at home when scheduled for delivery.
I wish all of you guys the best of luck and hope you all receive your docs and card soon.

Best wishes

apple0

Post by apple0 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Just an update, I received my biometrics letter one month after my application date.

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:26 pm

When did you do the biometric and have you got back your card and docs?

Thanks... I am desperate waiting for my card now, holiday booked next month, cannot change it, dont want to wast £2000!!
apple0 wrote:Just an update, I received my biometrics letter one month after my application date.

apple0

Post by apple0 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 pm

That just happened so I don't have anything back yet. It sounds like people have gotten everything back 2 weeks to 3 months after biometrics, so it's hard to tell how long it will take. I've already missed a bunch of trips and have another coming up, too. I hope you get yours in time!

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:24 am

Hey everyone, I need a bit of help.

My wallet was stolen with my BRP card back in January, but it wasn't until May that I got a valid application to the UKBA. Before opening my application, they sent me a letter saying that I had to immediately send them a new application (which they already had) and do my biometrics, so I did my biometrics. They woman who took my biometrics told me that they must have a valid application on file, or else she wouldn't be able to submit the biometrics. That was Monday 28 May, exactly 10 weeks ago.

Today I got a letter dated 31 July telling me that I have 15 days to enroll my biometrics.

I don't even have words. I have no idea what to do now. It's been TEN WEEKS since I did this, and now they're telling me to do it again? I've been fired from two jobs for not having this stupid card, and now they're telling me that the process restarts??

Does anyone know what to do in a situation like this?? I don't know who to call or anything.

Thanks everyone.

teir12011
Newly Registered

The DX

Post by teir12011 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Is it true that documents are sent to applicants via the DX, we had a card through our letter box saying re signed letter. Do you guys get back the docs via THE DX too. We are still waiting on BRP replacement card after 3 months

apple0

Post by apple0 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm

The documents come back through Royal Mail recorded signed for delivery and the card comes through DX.

JulieB - It seems like there should be a way for you to contact them and let them know, but the complaints email address and going through an MP are the only ways I've gotten any response.

Jing
Newly Registered

Re: The DX

Post by Jing » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 am

Hey i think it is. Last time when i received it it was delivered by DX.

When did you do your biometrics? I did mine in May and still waiting
teir12011 wrote:Is it true that documents are sent to applicants via the DX, we had a card through our letter box saying re signed letter. Do you guys get back the docs via THE DX too. We are still waiting on BRP replacement card after 3 months

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 am

When you did your biometric in May, did you get the biometric letter with bar code on? If not, I guess the letter telling you to apply and do biometric immediately was the one automatically sent out for people who is due to the 3 months limit.
JulieB wrote:Hey everyone, I need a bit of help.

My wallet was stolen with my BRP card back in January, but it wasn't until May that I got a valid application to the UKBA. Before opening my application, they sent me a letter saying that I had to immediately send them a new application (which they already had) and do my biometrics, so I did my biometrics. They woman who took my biometrics told me that they must have a valid application on file, or else she wouldn't be able to submit the biometrics. That was Monday 28 May, exactly 10 weeks ago.

Today I got a letter dated 31 July telling me that I have 15 days to enroll my biometrics.

I don't even have words. I have no idea what to do now. It's been TEN WEEKS since I did this, and now they're telling me to do it again? I've been fired from two jobs for not having this stupid card, and now they're telling me that the process restarts??

Does anyone know what to do in a situation like this?? I don't know who to call or anything.

Thanks everyone.

magneta

Post by magneta » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:59 am

Hi, My BRP card was stolen in france 3 weeks back and I have applied for Replacement BRP visa to get back to UK and am still waiting. I am not even sure if I would get the visa by this week. in such case, could I ask my MP to write a letter to UKBA? will that work for UK embassy in france?

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Jing wrote:When you did your biometric in May, did you get the biometric letter with bar code on? If not, I guess the letter telling you to apply and do biometric immediately was the one automatically sent out for people who is due to the 3 months limit.
It did not have a barcode, but I had already submitted a new, valid application. I made an appointment online and went to Liverpool where they told me there that "if there wasn't a valid application, we wouldn't be able to submit your biometrics. There must be a valid application because we can submit them."

I just got an email off my MP about this. The UKBA is now saying that my previous biometrics were for a rejected application. .... NOPE. They definitely were for the valid one that's on file. Because of all this, I've been fired twice, so I can't even afford to go get this done. I am at a loss of words right now for the incompetency of this agency.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Your posts are a bit unclear. What happened between January and may? Have you had an application refused or declared invalid?

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Greenie wrote:Your posts are a bit unclear. What happened between January and may? Have you had an application refused or declared invalid?
Okay, sorry about that. I'm a bit emotional when I post. I'll update a time line.

February: Reported BRP card stolen (it wasn't until then that I could get through on their phone line, only to be told to email)

April: Send application for BRP (RC) (were were moving in Feb/March, and I wasn't about to send an application until we had secured a new address)

11 May: Get rejection dated 8 May (rejected for something wrong with photo)

12 May: Send new application with new photos

23 May: Receive letter dated 17 May stating that I need to immediately send a new application and enroll my biometrics within 17 days (not to just make a biometrics appt but to actually enroll them), so I write a letter saying that I just sent my new application on 12 May, then I book a biometrics appointment for 28 May

28 May: Receive letter of acknowledgement for application sent 12 May; I also attended biometrics appointment. I asked about if my application was being processed, and the woman doing the biometrics told me, "If there wasn't a valid application on file, I wouldn't have been able to take and send your biometrics. So you must have a valid application on file." That's all she could tell me. Fair enough.

6 Aug: 10 weeks after that, I receive a letter dated 1 Aug telling me that I have 15 days to enroll my biometrics (not to make an appointment but to actually enroll). I email my MP (I've been in contact with them, but they haven't been able to do anything besides get me a letter off the UKBA saying that I do have the right to work, although that has not been helpful)

7 Aug: Receive email forwarded from MP originally from their UKBA contact claiming that my biometrics on 28 May were for my application that was rejected. They worded the letter in such a way as to make it sound like I booked a biometrics appointment before they rejected my application, but that is not so.

I made that appointment TWO WEEKS after they had rejected my application and as per their orders as detailed above.

They also wrote that I have a biometrics appointment on Aug 23, but no one has told me about this, and they failed to tell me a time/location, so I am extra confused. And angry. Confangry.

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 am

JulieB wrote:
Greenie wrote:Your posts are a bit unclear. What happened between January and may? Have you had an application refused or declared invalid?
Okay, sorry about that. I'm a bit emotional when I post. I'll update a time line.

February: Reported BRP card stolen (it wasn't until then that I could get through on their phone line, only to be told to email)

April: Send application for BRP (RC) (were were moving in Feb/March, and I wasn't about to send an application until we had secured a new address)

11 May: Get rejection dated 8 May (rejected for something wrong with photo)

12 May: Send new application with new photos

23 May: Receive letter dated 17 May stating that I need to immediately send a new application and enroll my biometrics within 17 days (not to just make a biometrics appt but to actually enroll them), so I write a letter saying that I just sent my new application on 12 May, then I book a biometrics appointment for 28 May

28 May: Receive letter of acknowledgement for application sent 12 May; I also attended biometrics appointment. I asked about if my application was being processed, and the woman doing the biometrics told me, "If there wasn't a valid application on file, I wouldn't have been able to take and send your biometrics. So you must have a valid application on file." That's all she could tell me. Fair enough.

6 Aug: 10 weeks after that, I receive a letter dated 1 Aug telling me that I have 15 days to enroll my biometrics (not to make an appointment but to actually enroll). I email my MP (I've been in contact with them, but they haven't been able to do anything besides get me a letter off the UKBA saying that I do have the right to work, although that has not been helpful)

7 Aug: Receive email forwarded from MP originally from their UKBA contact claiming that my biometrics on 28 May were for my application that was rejected. They worded the letter in such a way as to make it sound like I booked a biometrics appointment before they rejected my application, but that is not so.

I made that appointment TWO WEEKS after they had rejected my application and as per their orders as detailed above.

They also wrote that I have a biometrics appointment on Aug 23, but no one has told me about this, and they failed to tell me a time/location, so I am extra confused. And angry. Confangry.
I feel sorry for you and what you have been going through. I don't think you have got any other option other than re-enrolling your biometrics. Neither the MP nor UKBA is going to reasses on what has already been done and the rejections that have had happened.

There is a way of getting your biometrics enrolled and for that you need a barcode letter from UKBA which they send in post. Everyone has to take this barcoded letter for successful biometrics enrollment. In your case, this was missing and hence rejection.

If they have been told that you have a biometrics appointment on Aug 23, did you receive a barcoded letter for that purpose. This will be required for your biometrics which then is transmitted to UKBA for futher processing. You have to take that barcode letter to a post office for enrolment. If not then there can be another rejection in future so either you arrange it through MP or send a letter to UKBA requesting for such barcoded letter.

Best wishes

Jing
Newly Registered

BRP(RC) applications

Post by Jing » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 am

Any update for anyone did biometrics in May?

I did mine on 29th May, no news ever since. Contacted my MP, and the UKBA replied to my MP saying my case is still waiting to be alocated a caseworker. Anyone knows any other way to push them? I have holidays booked in September with my boyfriend, and dont want to ruin it as well as losing loads of money

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I registered my biometrics only last week. A 2.5 month wait after submitting my application in May. I thought that geting to the biometric step means a caseworker has been allocated on your case? Don't know when I will get my docs back. The UKBA now says 75% of applications will be processed within 4 weeks after biometrics have been submitted so continue waiting.

apple0

Post by apple0 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I am losing patience again. Has anyone had any success through their MP or the complaints process?

Jing
Newly Registered

Post by Jing » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm

I tried both MP and the complaint process.

I wrote to MP and the complaint centre in July, and UKBA replied to MP in a week, saying due to large amount of applications they receive they havent allocate a caseworker for me and can only wait for it to be dealt with in the timeline.

UKBA replied to my complaint by post, mainly confirm when they receive my application, when did i attend the biometrics and that it was successful. But this time they confirm that there is a caseworker on my case. And if i am not satisfied i can ask for a review. I just posted and emailed another one asking for review, mainly if they are doing it strictly according to the order of biometric enrolment why i am still waiting when other people who attend it in July have already received. And also, from Freedom of Information, for BRP(RC), they only processed 26% within 4 weeks and 78% within 15 weeks in Februrary, why they are still saying 75% in 4 and 95% in 14 weeks? Obviously misleading. I also complaint about the bad attitude of the UKBA tele service when you call in, and there is no way to put a urgent request on the application.

Dont know if this will work, dreamt of getting visa back everyday :cry: :cry:

DJMC
Newly Registered

Post by DJMC » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Hello All,

I have been reading this forum for a quite long time since I have submitted my Biometrics (09/05) and I'm still waiting for my documents.

I had to change my name from "Paul Smith" to "Paul de Smith" to match with my new passport.

After this long period waiting I have decided to write a letter to my MP asking for any solution.

The answer was: We can confirm that your documents have been received and due a high volume of applications, the processing time now can take up to 6months or more. :shock:

apple0

Post by apple0 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Now I feel sick... Did they specify whether that is 6 months after the biometrics (as opposed to the application date)?

DJMC
Newly Registered

Post by DJMC » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:15 pm

No, they didn't, but I sent my documents late April.

The other thing is I have been looking at others sources and apparently all processes with UKBA are taking longer than usual, students are facing a long time to wait to have their visas approved.

I think they don't have enough staff to deal with the applications, and to be honest BRP(RC) is not a priority to them, as we all aready have permission to stay anyway. So, in their mind we need our passport and biometric only for holiday travel.