ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Tax returns

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naCC
BANNED

ILR and Tax returns

Post by naCC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:29 am

Hi All

I sent my application (SETo) to HO this March and waiting for the outcome.
I was selfemployed for last year and for income proofs I sent my Invoices etc. the question is that my last due date for the tax returns in at the end of this year so is it OK If I submit my tax returns at the end of year, can Home Office raise any issue on my tax returns not being filed (as legally I have to do it before 31 Jan 2012).
Is it advisable to file returns Now before Home Office make any inquiry with HMRC or you think it will be OK to wait till end of the year which I usually do at the end of each year.

Regards

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:13 am

The Home Office is completely seperate to HMRC. You have a choice of which income documents to provide - providing P60's is optional. No need for concern.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 am

Hi

Answer me this question please use your common sense is highly advice able and you'll also get the answer of your question by answering my simple question.

If you're not feeling well will you go to a Police Station or a Hospital and do you think the NHS and Police are linked together ?

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for your ILR.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 am

Well I do understand HO and HMRC are not linked together but as far as I understand some times HO do make inquiries regarding the previous income of Self Employed peoples.

leo_sangha

Re: ILR and Tax returns

Post by leo_sangha » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 pm

naCC wrote:Hi All

I was selfemployed for last year and for income proofs I sent my Invoices etc. the question is that my last due date for the tax returns in at the end of this year so is it OK If I submit my tax returns at the end of year, can Home Office raise any issue on my tax returns not being filed (as legally I have to do it before 31 Jan 2012).
Is it advisable to file returns Now before Home Office make any inquiry with HMRC or you think it will be OK to wait till end of the year which I usually do at the end of each year.

Regards
Correction did you mean 31st Jan 2013 ?

If i've understood correctly, you're worried that UKBA might actually ask HMRC whether you've paid your due tax.

Now i'm assuming you're talking about income from 6th April2011-5thApril2012. You don't have to rush to file income tax, as you've time to file income tax till 31st jan 2013. Have patience & wait.

BTW if you've time to file income tax now, why don't do it now. Are you thinking of fudging up returns after getting ILR, i.e. pay less tax than you've actually shown in your application, if yes, you need godspeed.
If NO, why ask q? just do it. File income tax and feel safe & secure.

NHS & Police !!! what ????

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:28 pm

leo_sangha wrote:

Regards

If i've understood correctly, you're worried that UKBA might actually ask HMRC whether you've paid your due tax.

Now i'm assuming you're talking about income from 6th April2011-5thApril2012. You don't have to rush to file income tax, as you've time to file income tax till 31st jan 2013. Have patience & wait.

BTW if you've time to file income tax now, why don't do it now. Are you thinking of fudging up returns after getting ILR, i.e. pay less tax than you've actually shown in your application, if yes, you need godspeed.

Thanks you understood correctly, Yes I can file my return at anytime until 31st Jan but the issue is that I always pay my Tax at the end of the year so for the 2010 I paid this January and need some time to arrange money for the 2011.

And No I cant do anything with my returns as I am Self Employed with a company so the company's audit reports include everything I hope u understand that.
But I think By Law I will be alright don't you think ?

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:09 am

naCC wrote:
leo_sangha wrote:

Regards

Thanks you understood correctly, Yes I can file my return at anytime until 31st Jan but the issue is that I always pay my Tax at the end of the year so for the 2010 I paid this January and need some time to arrange money for the 2011.

And No I cant do anything with my returns as I am Self Employed with a company so the company's audit reports include everything I hope u understand that.
But I think By Law I will be alright don't you think ?
Yes of course by law you're fine. Correct me if i'm wrong i think you're missing the point even if you file your taxes now you don't need to pay right now. Technically you can pay taxes in January 2013 even if you file your tax now.
And let's say you can't pay tax even in january 2013 you can inform HMRC about financial hardship, they'll create a flexible repayment schedule for you. You might have to pay a minimal interest on your balance tax. So still should not be any issue. Hope this helps !!!