ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending the Tier 1 General Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Extending the Tier 1 General Visa

Post by il_breeze » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:14 am

Hi,

MY Tier 1 (G) Visa expires in November 1st, so I am planning to apply for the extension. Since my work requires me to have a passport for business trips, I have booked for a PEO interview in late September.

I also need to apply for Tier 1 Dependent Visa for my family and kids, ideally by post, to save money. I plan to send the application for their visa in October, approximately 4 weeks before their Visa expire.

I have a colleague at work that had experienced a 12 weeks processing time of Tier 1 Visa extension for his spouse, which makes me worried.

Assuming the worst, can my spouse continue to work legally in UK after after her current Visa expires and before the new one is granted by the Home Office? This is of course, assumes we apply for a new Visa before the old one expires.

If the answer is no, she will have to do PEO interview to speed things up.

Can you please also post a link to a reference?

Many thanks,
Alex

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 am

Under the immigration rules the applicant will have same status as before the application was submitted until the decision has been made..

In simple words yes your wife can continue to work...

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Post by il_breeze » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:Under the immigration rules the applicant will have same status as before the application was submitted until the decision has been made..
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

If things get complicated - wrong decision due to some minor mistakes either on UKBA or my side, will the overstay period of 28 days start after the decision date or after the initial expiry date of the Visa?

In other words, assuming a wrong decision is made after 28 days from the Visa expiration date, will we still have 28 days to legally appeal/reapply from UK without leaving the country?

Thanks a lot.
Alex

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 am

28 days after decision has been made..

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Post by il_breeze » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:28 days after decision has been made..
Thank you very much
Alex

NROW
United Kingdom

Age requirment for Tier1 extension

Post by NROW » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am

I got my Tier 1(general) visa on April 2010. now i need to extend it by april 2013. When i was checking my eligibility through

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

it asks for age requirment saying "Enter your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant"

Is this the age when i got the tier 1 visa ? as on April 2010

Please help me with this

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 am

yes it is that age only..