ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension income from investment in sole proprietershi

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Tier1 extension income from investment in sole proprietershi

Post by tier1ext22pk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Dear all,
I am working in Pakistan and going for Tier1 extension. I am doing a job and also have part time earning from investment in a proprietorship company where I am active in day to day working. my question is

1. Can I show my income from investment in a business which is running under proprietorship of someone else and I have invested an amount and have been active in day to day business. I invest in big items supplied to clients and get the due share of profit in my bank account. I get my earning share when the company get the payments from its clients. The company is paying due taxes on import and supply of goods .

what documentary proof is required to show earning from investment.

can I get a letter from company showing my earning only. or do i need to have some accountant letter as well. company does not deduct any tax on my earnings.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:42 am

Investment income is disregarded. It's not clear from your post as the the business relationship you have. You would need to be employed by the business or a director of the business.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks for your valuable input. I am working as a management member .
But since this is proprietorship based company where there is only one owner, so i can not be a director. If I show myself as employee even than this company is not authorized to deduct tax from my earnings As an employer. I need to file my tax return at the end of tax year which is few months away. Can I show myself as contractor of that company and claim earnings as dividends. if so what documents would be require.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm

tier1ext22pk wrote:Can I show myself as contractor of that company and claim earnings as dividends.
Yes, if you have been a contractor for that company during the 12 months you are claiming. But it's not something that you can start to do now and expect to be treated retroactively.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks again. Is it must to show that tax has been deducted by employer. or can we show income as service charges and pay tax ourselves at the end of tax year.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Para 120 of the guidance.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks .
My income from my part time job is twice of my permanent job as the remuneration is based on completion of projects. Does it matter ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 am

It has to be actual earned income already received (rather than expected earnings for a future date).