ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application returned from solihull PEO - Need Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leo_sangha

ILR application returned from solihull PEO - Need Help

Post by leo_sangha » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello All

Had an ILR appointment at solihull today.
I'm self employed, own a fast food business with very famous brand.

As mine is just partnership and not ltd. company. The CW said she cannot proceed with the application as she was NOT trained to handle complex applications and advised me to apply by post.

She got confused as profit does not match with the money that has been withdrawn from the business account into my personal account. Now anybody who is self employed knows this does not have to be equal at all.

I tried to explain but in vain, the CW kept on saying she cannot handle it as she is not trained.

Any advise other than i've to apply by post as my leave runs out on 17th August.

Regards

pratkali
Newly Registered

Post by pratkali » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Do you take salary and dividends from your business? It would be much easier to apply as a salaried director of the company.

contactrizwan79
Newly Registered

Post by contactrizwan79 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Leo Sanga

Did they take money or not ? I think at solihull they first review the case then take money

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:33 am

Hi

If your leaves runs out on the 17th of August 2012 you need to take appropriate actions rather than taking advice just try your every best to book an appointment at Croydon and that's all I know its hard but just keep trying for it that's all I can advice you at the moment.

This sounds a little surprising to me cause normally PEO Solihull don't do that have you got any other complexities in your case from example long absences out side UK or any thing like that ? If not then noting else comes on top of my head that why they did this to you.

Well I my self is a Finance consultant so I can completely understand that why the profit is not equals to the amount of money with drawn out from your account but keep this thing in mind that these CW are really not even trained to read the P60's in details so matching any kind of Financial Scenarios is a totally different ball game for an UKBA CW.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:37 pm

contactrizwan79 wrote:Hi Leo Sanga

Did they take money or not ? I think at solihull they first review the case then take money
Hello, No they did not take any money, instead the CW officer said to me she is not trained and advised me to apply by post as last time I also applied by post when Tier1 was introduced replacing HSMP.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

If your leaves runs out on the 17th of August 2012 you need to take appropriate actions rather than taking advice just try your every best to book an appointment at Croydon and that's all I know its hard but just keep trying for it that's all I can advice you at the moment.

This sounds a little surprising to me cause normally PEO Solihull don't do that have you got any other complexities in your case from example long absences out side UK or any thing like that ? If not then noting else comes on top of my head that why they did this to you.

Well I my self is a Finance consultant so I can completely understand that why the profit is not equals to the amount of money with drawn out from your account but keep this thing in mind that these CW are really not even trained to read the P60's in details so matching any kind of Financial Scenarios is a totally different ball game for an UKBA CW.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.
I think the CW did not want to go into details. I believe the company structure would have been better but things are not done in hindsight.

Anyways i applied by post the next day itself. So far i've not heard back from them. Not sure what to do getting very anxious now. I've a total of 65 days out of the country in 5 years, so that is certainly not a problem.

The CW said to me "I need to see money coming out of business & getting credited into your account... black & white bang bang". These were her words.

My concern is so far my & my wife's biometrics are not done. Not sure when they are going to sort that out.

contactrizwan79
Newly Registered

Post by contactrizwan79 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:56 am

Hi leo_sangha,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Are you running Ltd company? have taken any dividend and salary from yor Business accounts?

I think you are but if yes, then it shouldn't make any problem, I have gone through so many threads and the conclusion is now that CW they don't know much in details abouth the ltd Company.

Thanks

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:38 am

I agree with Contactrizwan79. My ILTR was approved yesterday, but not before I was phoned up by the case worker twice who was asking very basic questions. I had included dividend vouchers which were stapled to the back of my accountant's payslips. I don't think she had even seen them (how can you miss 50 odd pages?!) and she was looking at my assignment contract with the bank I am currently working at, and wondering whether that was the correct document to be looking at to calculate dividends.... no clue at all.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:12 pm

contactrizwan79 wrote:Hi leo_sangha,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Are you running Ltd company? have taken any dividend and salary from yor Business accounts?

I think you are but if yes, then it shouldn't make any problem, I have gone through so many threads and the conclusion is now that CW they don't know much in details abouth the ltd Company.

Thanks
Hello,

I'm not trading under a limited company. Just sole trader. So I don't take any dividends or salary for that matter. Sole traders have access to business cash anytime. I think to be honest i just had a very very bad day on the day i went for my appointment. To make the matters worst the CW was dumbo, she didn't know what she was asking, i tried to make her understand but she hung up her boots. I did what i had to do i.e. apply by post.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Cazz10 wrote:I agree with Contactrizwan79. My ILTR was approved yesterday, but not before I was phoned up by the case worker twice who was asking very basic questions. I had included dividend vouchers which were stapled to the back of my accountant's payslips. I don't think she had even seen them (how can you miss 50 odd pages?!) and she was looking at my assignment contract with the bank I am currently working at, and wondering whether that was the correct document to be looking at to calculate dividends.... no clue at all.
Hello Cazz10, did you apply by post ? If yes when ?

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 pm

No, I had an in person appointment. But due to technical issues, no one looked at my application when I was there. Someone called me on the next business day.