ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILr Application - Self employed and Employed - Final Check

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ILr Application - Self employed and Employed - Final Check

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:30 am

Dear All,

I'm applying for ILR early next week at CROYDON PEO at 8:00 am and wanted to check if the following documents are ok?

I am applying under hsmp 2 yrs + 3 yrs tier 1 . I have 270 days of absence. ( 112 business + 158 personal ). no 90 day stretch.

self employed + employed category. ( working as an independent consultant for a us company in UK. not their direct employee as they are not registered in UK, I do projects for them and they pay me ) paid in GBP usually every month, sometimes every other month for the work I do.

Age - no need to prove as already proved in initial hsmp ans tier 1 extension

qualification - already proved in hsmp and tier 1 extension

uk experience - already proved

Documents taking for earnings :

employed job:

1- letter from employer for employed job
2- 12 payslips
3- original bank statements for last 12 months showing salary coming in to my account
4- last 5 yrs p60

self- employed job :

1- Letter from accountant who is registered as per UKBA regulations. ( he is FCA ) . The letter shows my earnings for the last 12 months. shows my gross income and net income ( before and after tax ) . This letter also states I have paid my tax and NI up to 31st July 2012.

2- Bank statement - original - showing money coming in to my uk account in GBP

3- payment of class 2 NI - highlighted in bank statement

4- letter from client ( us company ) - This letter clearly states I had to go abroad for business related reasons as they are mandatory part of my role. ( none of this is to my home country )

Misc documents :

1- Application form
2- 2 passport size photos
3- photocopies of all documents
4- passport
5- original contract copy from my US client for whom I work here as an independent consultant.
6- HMRC letter saying my tax is up to date
7- mortgage statement for last 3 years
8-degree certificate
9-few utility bills
10- flight e-tickets of all my business absence outside UK
11- Income statement from accountant for year ending April 5 2012
12-Invoices I send to my US client every month. ( printed copies of my invoice). It doesn't have any stamp or signature of myself or my accountant as I dont own a limited company.
13- LIUK test letter

Please let me know if these documents are ok? My only concern is more than 180 days of holidays.

your advise is very much appreciated!! will share my letter templates after my ILR success to this forum.

Kind Regards

ITGRADUATE
Last edited by ITGraduate on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Who paid for your flights relating to the business trips? I would think it would help validate the purpose of those trips if you could show the US company paid for them.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 pm

I paid for all these trips and I was paid by my contractor/client as expenses each month.

Thanks

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 pm

To clarify, are you saying your client re-embursed you for the full cost of the flights after you submitted an expenses claim?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Yes correct. I invoice them with my monthly amount for a project + any expenses ( flight ticket, hotels, food expenses while abroad , renting cars abroad etc )

Thanks,

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Perhaps it would be advisable to include your expense claims and/or bank statements showing re-embursements from client. I don't have any first hand experience with this aspect, but I would think better to provide too many docs to cover yourself than not enough. I would think the Home Office will be looking fairly closely at this, given the high number of days outside the UK. And I'm guessing they would have alot of people who exceeded the number of days trying to say some of the leave was due to business, when really it was to visit family...

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Was LIUK overlooked while composing your post here?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 pm

LIUK?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 pm

sorry of course LIUK will be included!!!

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm

seniors/ Experts,

Please can you comment and give me feedback please if the documents I mentioned are ok?

Thanks,