ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted on 01/08 & brp card received 03/08

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajantalove
Newly Registered

ILR granted on 01/08 & brp card received 03/08

Post by ajantalove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:48 am

I want to thanks the founder and the contributors of this great forum.

I got my ILR on 01/08 by using premium service & received my BRP card on 03/08, very pleased with speed.

I got appointment on 01/08 (10.30) for main applicant only. On day I reached there before time around 0900. Had coffee but still had plenty of time to waste. Thought take a chance, maybe they let me through and I was right i was in side 0950. After security checked received my token no and directed to first floor and paid £1377.00.
After payment they ask to wait in same floor in 15 mins was called by an case worker (CW). She checked my form and passport. Also what I think she created a file on my name and ask to go to end of room & wait, where Bio-metric counters are.
Waited 30 mins get called to counter 3 and was not happy with agents going in and out taking their clients in numbers. I felt which extended my wait :( no offence but didn't look like not a good practice.
Then wait started again 40 mins wait people coming and going, suddenly heard my no. and two other no been called on same counter didn't got why but went reach to counter been asked to go to 2nd floor.
10 MINS wait called by CW. Final show god I was nervous. By holding my nerve said hi to CW and ask me to sit. Then she ask me to give documents as she ask. I offer her file with was nicely tagged but she refused with smile by saying I don't like plastic slips. She ask me for form and passport. Checked my payment slip and looked into form and while checking my form gave my sheet with my holidays on it and asked can u pls calculate ur holidays and total it in bottom and sing it too, which i did.
Then She ask for my documents
*I gave my payslips for 12 months plus excel sheet with total and photocopies
*Banks statements and copies
*LIUK & copy
*P-60 & copies (she forgot first then called in between and I gave it)

My case was straight forward. HSMP (2yrs) + Teir 1 G (3yrs) with 140 holidays over five yrs & salaried job. I had letter from employer letter too but she didn't asked. Kept my P45 and degree too but stayed in my folder.

It took only 20 mins and she called me and said all ok and ur ILR is granted with BRP cards will arrive in 7-10 working days. Gave me details of BRP to read, check and sign all was ok. She gave me letter confirming ILR & my original documents back. I thanked her went back to my seat checked all my documents.

Thats it took around 2hrs 30mins in process.

I was more surprised when I received my BRP card on Friday the 03/08/12.

All done

Thanks to all of to once again .

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 pm

which center ?

Cazz10

Post by Cazz10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Good to know I wont be waiting long for my BRP card! Thanks for posting.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: ILR granted on 01/08 & brp card received 03/08

Post by nionlight » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:39 pm

ajantalove wrote:I want to thanks the founder and the contributors of this great forum.

I got my ILR on 01/08 by using premium service & received my BRP card on 03/08, very pleased with speed.

I got appointment on 01/08 (10.30) for main applicant only. On day I reached there before time around 0900. Had coffee but still had plenty of time to waste. Thought take a chance, maybe they let me through and I was right i was in side 0950. After security checked received my token no and directed to first floor and paid £1377.00.
After payment they ask to wait in same floor in 15 mins was called by an case worker (CW). She checked my form and passport. Also what I think she created a file on my name and ask to go to end of room & wait, where Bio-metric counters are.
Waited 30 mins get called to counter 3 and was not happy with agents going in and out taking their clients in numbers. I felt which extended my wait :( no offence but didn't look like not a good practice.
Then wait started again 40 mins wait people coming and going, suddenly heard my no. and two other no been called on same counter didn't got why but went reach to counter been asked to go to 2nd floor.
10 MINS wait called by CW. Final show god I was nervous. By holding my nerve said hi to CW and ask me to sit. Then she ask me to give documents as she ask. I offer her file with was nicely tagged but she refused with smile by saying I don't like plastic slips. She ask me for form and passport. Checked my payment slip and looked into form and while checking my form gave my sheet with my holidays on it and asked can u pls calculate ur holidays and total it in bottom and sing it too, which i did.
*LIUK & copy

My case was straight forward. HSMP (2yrs) + Teir 1 G (3yrs) with 140 holidays over five yrs & salaried job. I had letter from employer letter too but she didn't asked. Kept my P45 and degree too but stayed in my folder.

It took only 20 mins and she called me and said all ok and ur ILR is granted with BRP cards will arrive in 7-10 working days. Gave me details of BRP to read, check and sign all was ok. She gave me letter confirming ILR & my original documents back. I thanked her went back to my seat checked all my documents.

All done

A very big congratulation. Can you please confirm if you have any form of BRP before? As u mentioned HSMP-->Tier-1 I am assuming you didn't had your finger print taken before same as me. The reason I a asking, I heard the people who are doing finger print for the first time for their ILR it causes delay for checking every where in data base etc? Is the true? Thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:49 pm

nionlight, every applicant needs to enroll biometrics (regardless of if they have enrolled it in past or not).

The whole idea of biometrics is to confirm your identity that you are the same person who was granted visas at previous stages.

If an applicant loses a Biometric Resident Permit or if the permit has expired, and applies again, he/she still has to enroll biometrics again to prove the identity.

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:which center ?
IT WAS IN CROYDON

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Post by ajantalove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Cazz10 wrote:Good to know I wont be waiting long for my BRP card! Thanks for posting.
U R WELCOME

ajantalove
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted on 01/08 & brp card received 03/08

Post by ajantalove » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm

nionlight wrote:
ajantalove wrote:I want to thanks the founder and the contributors of this great forum.

*LIUK & copy

All done

A very big congratulation. Can you please confirm if you have any form of BRP before? As u mentioned HSMP-->Tier-1 I am assuming you didn't had your finger print taken before same as me. The reason I a asking, I heard the people who are doing finger print for the first time for their ILR it causes delay for checking every where in data base etc? Is the true? Thanks.
IT WAS FIRST TIME I GAVE MY PRINTS. I HEARD TOO THERE IS SOME PROBLEM BUT I WAS LUCKY EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTH

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Heartly Congrats ajantalove

Very nice details of your appointment - all what I needed to know.

:)