ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Class 2 NI, Director of Limited company - T1 General Extensi

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

redbull.lion
Newly Registered

Class 2 NI, Director of Limited company - T1 General Extensi

Post by redbull.lion » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 pm

I am quiet confused after reading few of the posts in this forum. I need to clarify few things and require an experts review.

I am going to apply for T1-General Extension sooner. I am employed in company A and received salary from company A.

I am also running my side business under limited company and as a Director of a limited company i am taking Dividends (Not salary) from my own company.

My question is, on the form i am selecting Employed and Self Employed (not as a sole trader) and i am not a register self employed as well and have never received any such letter from HMRC for class 2 NI
. Do i have to register as self employed even if i am running a Limited Company?
. Do i have to pay class 2 NI (which i have never paid)? [ as mentioned in few posts where people was asked by CW to give an evidence of class 2 NI payments)

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm

yes you wuld need to register for self assessment...also you dont need to pay Class 2 NI..you wuld only pay Class 1 NI as you are a director of alimited compnay meaning you are employed by the company.....