ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application for non eu citizen with irish spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jay**123
Newly Registered

Citizenship application for non eu citizen with irish spouse

Post by Jay**123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:50 am

Hello,

i am trying to contact citizenship there lines are down always busy.

I am irish national as i got the citizenship in feb 2012 and i am going to apply for my spouse somebody told me if i apply on my irish marriage application i don't have to pay the fees as 950 euro

as she had more then 5 year residency so i can apply either on irish marriage base or more then 5 year residency

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 pm

no, she still has to pay the 950e. Before the change of the law a few years ago, she wouldnt have to pay, now she does.

Now only refugees dont have to pay and children pay 200e. EVERYONE else, no exception, pays 950e.

Naija

Re: Citizenship application for non eu citizen with irish sp

Post by Naija » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:26 pm

[quote="Jay**123"]Hello,

I am irish national as i got the citizenship in feb 2012 and i am going to apply for my spouse somebody told me if i apply on my irish marriage application i don't have to pay the fees as 950 euro

as she had more then 5 year residency so i can apply either on irish marriage base or more then 5 year residency[/quote]

As the person above me said,there are no exceptions to paying 950 E, except those two.Everybody applies on basis of five years (different categories),with exception if being spouse of irish national (three years),but also have in mind the fact,that if your wife applies on basis of being spouse of irish citizen,your marriage is counted from the day you became irish citizen,not from day you got married,therefore,in your case,that application based on having irish spouse,doesnt count in your case.Still,good luck to her.

Jay**123
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship application for non eu citizen with irish sp

Post by Jay**123 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

Great thanks for yours all answer and help

Naija wrote:
Jay**123 wrote:Hello,

as she had more then 5 year residency so i can apply either on irish marriage base or more then 5 year residency
As the person above me said,there are no exceptions to paying 950 E, except those two.Everybody applies on basis of five years (different categories),with exception if being spouse of irish national (three years),but also have in mind the fact,that if your wife applies on basis of being spouse of irish citizen,your marriage is counted from the day you became irish citizen,not from day you got married,therefore,in your case,that application based on having irish spouse,doesnt count in your case.Still,good luck to her.