ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

out of country for exactly 90 days - Solihull experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anithya
Newly Registered

out of country for exactly 90 days - Solihull experience

Post by anithya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 pm

My current visa status - HSMP + Tier 1 (expires on 30th Aug)

I booked at PEO Solihull in view of proximity to my house and that the staff are friendly (as heard in this forum).

Main issue with my application is the total number of absences (87 days annual paid leave and 222 days while on maternity leave ( 3 trips to out of UK - 82 /90/ 50 days) Total of 309 days in last 5 years.

I took my chances, since I know one of my friend in the similar situation was out of UK because of maternity leave stayed more than 180 days. (She applied through a solicitor before Jan 2012 in Croydon, before BRP was introduced).

The case worker looked into my application, and discussed with her senior. She noted the obvious 90 days, and advised me to apply by post, since she cannot approve such applications.

Before I change my mind to further Tier 1 extension, I am going to speak to take Solicitor's advise.
Sometimes, I wonder if UKBA should mention on their website not to apply in Solihull just because they do not have senior case workers.

I am happy to share my experiences and progress with anybody in similar situation.

ramay

Re: out of country for exactly 90 days - Solihull experience

Post by ramay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 pm

anithya wrote:My current visa status - HSMP + Tier 1 (expires on 30th Aug)

I booked at PEO Solihull in view of proximity to my house and that the staff are friendly (as heard in this forum).

Main issue with my application is the total number of absences (87 days annual paid leave and 222 days while on maternity leave ( 3 trips to out of UK - 82 /90/ 50 days) Total of 309 days in last 5 years.

I took my chances, since I know one of my friend in the similar situation was out of UK because of maternity leave stayed more than 180 days. (She applied through a solicitor before Jan 2012 in Croydon, before BRP was introduced).

The case worker looked into my application, and discussed with her senior. She noted the obvious 90 days, and advised me to apply by post, since she cannot approve such applications.

Before I change my mind to further Tier 1 extension, I am going to speak to take Solicitor's advise.
Sometimes, I wonder if UKBA should mention on their website not to apply in Solihull just because they do not have senior case workers.

I am happy to share my experiences and progress with anybody in similar situation.
ignorant staff..immigration rules and modernized guidance says about more than 90 days.
What is your friend experience with 180 days absence at a stretch?Did she get ILR?

anithya
Newly Registered

Post subject: Re: out of country for exactly 90 days - Solih

Post by anithya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

She was absent for 366 days, and she had no problem.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Pls share the progress with us! I have an absence of 150 days at a stretch and 258 in total

anithya
Newly Registered

Re: out of country for exactly 90 days - Solihull experienc

Post by anithya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Certainly!!

I was not out of UK for more than 90 days at a stretch. I went to the PEO with an open mind prepared to accept rejection( In case I am not given ILR, I still have time to inform my employer and pack my luggage )

Immigration Consultant looked at my documentation and spoke positively about my case and suggested to send the application by post.

I am planning to rebook for Sheffield or Liverpool PEO in the last week of August, since I would stand a chance to appeal , if decision is not favour of me. If appointment not available, then I will go ahead with postal application. In any case if I do not have a decision in favour of me, I am going to appeal, as I am not the first person who overstayed in similar grounds.