ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Irish Citizenship thru naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reetu012

Applying for Irish Citizenship thru naturalization

Post by reetu012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi there

I am living in Ireland since Feb 2006 on stamp-3 visa and then i got a job on sep 2007 and accordingly my stamp changed to stamp-1 and now i have stamp-4 status. But i hope that i can now apply for Irish Citizenship thru naturalisation based on my more than 6 yrs residence in Ireland irrespective of its stamp. Please advise

I am doing part time job only and now also doing same part time job to care my kids. I have never recieved any social welfare benefits. The main income source for my family is my wife's salary as she is nurse and her income itself is quite enough my whole family. I have p-60 since when i started job except of 2011 period (seems i lost it). Please advise how can i get a copy of it. Also i don't have p21 as we had applied at tax office to get tax credit straight into my wife incl of mine.

So when i am preparing documention, i know i have to submit copies of my last three months pay slip, bank statement, p60. But my question is that do i need to include copies of my wive's payslips, bank statement, p60, p21 etc.. as well as my salary is low.

kindly advise somebdy.

thanks

Malika

Reckonable Residence

Post by Malika » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Non-EEA nationals

Periods of reckonable residence are those for which you had a permission to remain stamp in your passport. Certain periods of residence in the State covered by a permission to remain are not reckonable if that permission was –
For the purposes of study (whether or not that study involved you being in employment during any of the period of study), or
While your claim for asylum was being examined.

I think that reckonable residence does not include time spent as student.
Whether you were resident in the country for the six years does not matter, you have to prove that you are eligible.

INIS website has a lot of info.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Citizenship[/list]
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

Malika

Post by Malika » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:45 pm

sorry, I assumed that you had got a student visa initially. my mistake :)

Hope someone else gives you advice!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Malika wrote:sorry, I assumed that you had got a student visa initially. my mistake :)

Hope someone else gives you advice!
If INIS will consider those residency period of stamp-3 as well, then i have more than enough reckonable residence.

Anyway i am waiting for advise from other senior members about other questions i asked here.

thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:39 pm

you can find the more info www.inis.gov.ie you just go to the page citizenship than go to residence calcultar put yours all the stamps dates what type you have/had stamp you will get your answer ?i dont know how to send the link sorry........ good luck

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:01 pm

IQU wrote:you can find the more info www.inis.gov.ie you just go to the page citizenship than go to residence calcultar put yours all the stamps dates what type you have/had stamp you will get your answer ?i dont know how to send the link sorry........ good luck
I did it already and have more than enough reckonable residence period.

But my actual question is about that do i need to submit my wives payslips, bank statements, p60 etc.. as well to prove i am well supported. As i said i have never avail/ get any social welfare benefit, illness benefit etc..

I hope somebody will advise on this

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

you dont need yours wife documents ? they only want your payslips,3 months bank statment,p60/p 21 (you can apply in revenue)marriage cert,birth cert,passport photocopy,job letter,gnib photocopy,all stamps on your passport,address proof eg bill etc etc 175 euro. but your marraige,passport,birth cert to be notary ............there is more details at www.inis.gov.ie

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:21 pm

you dont need yours wife documents ? they only want your payslips,3 months bank statment,p60/p 21 (you can apply in revenue)marriage cert,birth cert,passport photocopy,job letter,gnib photocopy,all stamps on your passport,address proof eg bill etc etc 175 euro. but your marraige,passport,birth cert to be notary ............there is more details at www.inis.gov.ie

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

IQU wrote:you dont need yours wife documents ? they only want your payslips,3 months bank statment,p60/p 21 (you can apply in revenue)marriage cert,birth cert,passport photocopy,job letter,gnib photocopy,all stamps on your passport,address proof eg bill etc etc 175 euro. but your marraige,passport,birth cert to be notary ............there is more details at www.inis.gov.ie
I have less income from my salary (part time job). Does it enough to prove INIS that i am financially self sufficient. Please advise

thanks

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:59 am

Please somebody advise

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

if your not claiming socail welfare.than its nice......... dont worry go head

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Is your wife a citizen yet - or has she applied for citizenship. My question is to verify that your original stamp 3 was awarded based on your dependance on your wife.

While self sufficiency is a requirement, I assume that being related to an citizen can help in the decision process. This again, is just a conjecture and I don't have any data to validate it.

If you are applying as a spouse of an Irish citizen, self sufficiency wouldn't matter as much.
-xxxtieee-

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

xxxtieee wrote:Is your wife a citizen yet - or has she applied for citizenship. My question is to verify that your original stamp 3 was awarded based on your dependance on your wife.

While self sufficiency is a requirement, I assume that being related to an citizen can help in the decision process. This again, is just a conjecture and I don't have any data to validate it.

If you are applying as a spouse of an Irish citizen, self sufficiency wouldn't matter as much.
I came to Ireland on Feb'06 on dependant visa (Stamp) and was remain on stamp-3 until Sep'07. From Sep'07 until May'11 i was on Stamp-1 as i got part time job with work permit. From May'11 onwards my stamp chagned to Stamp-4 based on that my daughter is having irish passport, but still i am continue to be working with same employer as part time.

Although income from my salary is low, but never availed/ get social welfare benefit as my wifes salary is enough.

My question here is that eventhough my salary is low, but as i never claimed social welfare benefit, does it quite enough to prove that i am self sufficient orelse do i need to include payslips, bank statement etc.. of my wife as well to prove it.

No my wife is not an irish citizen. Now i just want to apply for myself only as we want to keep indian citizenship for my wife.

pl advise

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 pm

i think u should check with good lawyer where u have to pay 100 euro for advise.you are not getting our point ?if u read all the people post above there is all answer to your questions.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:23 pm

As it looks like, there is no definite correct answer here. I
The following is my suggestion.

If I were you, I would apply, and provide all the documents to prove to INIS that you do not require state aid to survive. I would put my and my wife's documents and even a copy of the passport of my child and mention zambrano. If you stopped working to care for your child, mention that. Not that it will matter, but there is nothing to lose and is worth a try.

My recommendation is to spend your money on application rather than on advice. You will most probably know the correct answer in six months.

Good luck.
-xxxtieee-

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 am

@ reetu

i think xxxtieee has spoken well. He has given you the best advise.

Besides, dont worry about doing full time or part time job.. i know a couple of people that got the naturalization certificate and haven't even worked a day in this country.

All the best with your application...

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:06 pm

minniepoe wrote:@ reetu

i think xxxtieee has spoken well. He has given you the best advise.

Besides, dont worry about doing full time or part time job.. i know a couple of people that got the naturalization certificate and haven't even worked a day in this country.

All the best with your application...
Ok thanks for all of your suggestions

I have one more questions.

I was on dependant visa (Stamp-3) from Feb'2006 to Sep'2007 and then changed stamp-1 and on May'11 it is changed to Stamp-4 valid until 2014. I think residency period on stamp-3 must be also considered as reckonable residency period. Can somebody please advise on it? Thanks

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

stamp 3 counts towards reckonable residence

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm

[quote="agniukas"]stamp 3 counts towards reckonable residence[/quote] information is correct .there is also free advise avaible at www.mrci.ie www.immigrantcouncil.ie www.newcommunties.ie www.newcommunity.ie www.citizenshipinformation.ie www.inis.gov.ie good luck

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi all

When i am checking my immigration stamp in my passport, it is found that there are almost gap between two stamps, i.e., after expiring my 6th May 2007 stamp, the next one comes after is 5th June 2007, i.e. one month gap. It is mostly happend because i got job offer on 1st of May 2007 and had applied for spousal work permit on Does this one month will be treated as unlawful residence? Please advise

Although from 5th June 2007, i have all immigration stamps in normal way, so eventhough my reckonable residence will be calculated from this period, still i have more than 5 years residence

Please advise

thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 pm

dont worry go for it .

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi

I applied for Irish citizenship thr naturalisation on 18th July, means it is almost 3 weeks now, but still waiting for acknowledge letter. Is it normal and when can i expect to get it? thanks

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 am

i got mine back in oct 2011 after 9 weeks you won't believe ,you should have it in another week or two ..

ardee

Post by ardee » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 am

reetu012 wrote:Hi all

When i am checking my immigration stamp in my passport, it is found that there are almost gap between two stamps, i.e., after expiring my 6th May 2007 stamp, the next one comes after is 5th June 2007, i.e. one month gap. It is mostly happend because i got job offer on 1st of May 2007 and had applied for spousal work permit on Does this one month will be treated as unlawful residence? Please advise

Although from 5th June 2007, i have all immigration stamps in normal way, so eventhough my reckonable residence will be calculated from this period, still i have more than 5 years residence

Please advise

thanks
It is the last one(1) year before application that must be continous, since you have all stamps after 5th June 2007 without any gap, there is nothing to worry about and you also have 5 years reckownable residence, then you are ok, put in your application and there should be no problem. Hope this answers your question.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi

I got acknowledgement letter from INIS. It took 4 weeks after application sent.

thanks