ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 landing just a week ago for first time for extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Tier 1 landing just a week ago for first time for extension

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi All,
My tier 1 is going to expire on 26 of August 2012. I have never landed in UK before. I am working in my home country and can show required amount with my full time and part time earning. My part time earning are twice of full time permanent employment.

1. Is there any issue if I land just before few days of expiry of my leave.
2. Is there any issue if my part time earning are more than full time as these are based on projects completion.

Thanks

AKS18
Newly Registered

Post by AKS18 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

No problem applying few days before expiry of visa. But new rule says you cant extend ur stay after expiry by 28 days. So better check that

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... verstayers

And from experienec it takes ages for postal applications. I will recommend same day PEO.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Same day PEO is no use in this case.
Details as mentioned in post will surely be scrutinized and will take a while to verify.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks All, Same day PEO appointment is not available. Is there any sort of changes under consideration regarding opening of Tier 1 General from Outside UK in near future.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 pm

tier1ext22pk wrote:Is there any sort of changes under consideration regarding opening of Tier 1 General from Outside UK in near future.
you might want to ask that to Theresa May or Damian Green
Manka

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Thank you Manka, for pointing me a right direction. could people send them suggestion to consider opening of this Tier 1 General route again.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Dear All,
Could seniors give their opinions on my initial questions of
2. Is there any issue if my part time earning are more than full time as these are based on projects completion. Further to say that no tax deduction is taking place on my part time earning. I have to pay the tax at the end of financial year.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 pm

tier1ext22pk wrote:could people send them suggestion to consider opening of this Tier 1 General route again.
This immigration category was closed due to it not meeting its original purpose. If you take a look at the UKBA website you will find that it has been replaced by several other immigration categories now. So to put it bluntly, it is highly unlikely that this route will ever re-open to new applicants again.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

tier1ext22pk wrote:
2. Is there any issue if my part time earning are more than full time as these are based on projects completion. Further to say that no tax deduction is taking place on my part time earning. I have to pay the tax at the end of financial year.
1. No. Note, but it will be logical for an immigration officer at arrivals to ask you why you have delayed arrival on your visa (if you arrive only a few days before it expires), so just be prepared with the reason and what you intend to do. This will not be a problem.
2. So long as you can provide the evidence required for each of your income sources you can use these towards claiming points on your previous earnings. I.e. you will need evidence from two independent sources for each (I.e. full-time & part-time employment). Please refer to the Tier 1 General guidance for specific details.

tier1ext22pk
Newly Registered

Post by tier1ext22pk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Thank you very much cs95tdg for your both replys.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 am

AKS18 wrote:No problem applying few days before expiry of visa. But new rule says you cant extend ur stay after expiry by 28 days.
Surely it does not concern those who applied for extension before their current visa expired? In such case, their immigration status is extended while their application is being considered.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am

Citigirl wrote:
AKS18 wrote:No problem applying few days before expiry of visa. But new rule says you cant extend ur stay after expiry by 28 days.
Surely it does not concern those who applied for extension before their current visa expired? In such case, their immigration status is extended while their application is being considered.
Correct, it does not concern those who apply for an extension before their current leave to remain expires. I believe the point being made here is that the UKBA will accept out-of-time applications to extend your visa, but only upto 28 days after your current visa expiry date.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:43 am

The point being made was "And from experienec it takes ages for postal applications." It should not matter that the application will take more than 28 days.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

Citigirl wrote:The point being made was "And from experienec it takes ages for postal applications." It should not matter that the application will take more than 28 days.
I'm not disputing that it takes ages for postal applications to be considered or that the length of time the UKBA take to reach a decision makes no difference to the applicant. I.e. because the applicant will be covered by Section 3C of the immigration act.

The point (independent to that stated above) I was referring to in the original post i.e. "But new rule says you cant extend ur stay after expiry by 28 days.", was that the UKBA accept out-of-time applications, i.e. even if the applicants current visa has expired, but only if the date of that extension application is within 28 days of the previous "leave to remain" expiry date.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Alright, this is clear now.