ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey guys

March applicants are beginning to get their visa so hang in there!my friend applied from islamabad on 13/03/2012 and has recieved a response today so those waiting should start to hear anytime!!!

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre mirpur

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:29 pm

salaam all.

leila thank u so much for updating timeline.

well i finally got a reply from BHC in Islamabad and thiis is wat the email said:

Dear xxx

Re: (ref no)

Thank you for your e-mail of (date)

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 27 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

You will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.

Thank you for your patience,

Regards.

so pretty much a standard reply but atleast they bothered replying.

i agree they have been slow with feb n march applicants but as Elisha says the RFC status will start coming through. just pray n dua we all get possitive outcomes... Insha'Allah.

seems like they are doing their job but can u imagine how busy they must be after recieving thousands of applications before 9th July 2012.

well good luck to evryone we will all hear soon Insha'Allah.

hopefully tomorrow we may get good news :)

stay possitive and all will be fine.
this wait has taken its toll lol...

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 pm

ur welcome will try to make sure that it is updated regularly

just reading through the email you have recieved why does it say 27 weeks when the maximum time is 24 :cry:

i hope they havent increased it again .......the wait is getting more dificult by day

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:57 pm

munchies27 wrote:salaam all.

leila thank u so much for updating timeline.

well i finally got a reply from BHC in Islamabad and thiis is wat the email said:

Dear xxx

Re: (ref no)

Thank you for your e-mail of (date)

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 27 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

You will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.

Regards.

so pretty much a standard reply but atleast they bothered replying.

i agree they have been slow with feb n march applicants but as Elisha says the RFC status will start coming through. just pray n dua we all get possitive outcomes... Insha'Allah.

seems like they are doing their job but can u imagine how busy they must be after recieving thousands of applications before 9th July 2012.

well good luck to evryone we will all hear soon Insha'Allah.

hopefully tomorrow we may get good news :)

stay possitive and all will be fine.
this wait has taken its toll lol...
27 WEEK?!?!?! :x

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 pm

can someone add me to the timeline please :(
we applied 01/03/12 in islamabad
thank you

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Aoa everyone! Any news? Any updates? Has anyone recieved the good news, especially those who are running past the 105th day?

Kindly keep us posted...we were hoping the start of this week would bring alot of people joy...

Application submitted Islamabad - 07/03/2012
Under process at BHC - 21/03/2012
Stamped - waiting 106th day
Ready for collection -
Collected -

munchies27

salaam

Post by munchies27 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:30 am

i know it states 27 weeks!!!
its getting worse instead of better...

they r really taking the mick now. it was 24 weeks n now they r saying 27 weeks.

y r they dealing with april applicants before march??? i dont get it seriously

seems like they have increased the time aswell!

el nino

Post by el nino » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:56 am

Elisha wrote:Hey guys

March applicants are beginning to get their visa so hang in there!my friend applied from islamabad on 13/03/2012 and has recieved a response today so those waiting should start to hear anytime!!!

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre mirpur
i applied on 13/3 as wel but still waiting why the heck r they not doin it fast i need my wife:(
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: salaam

Post by king2be98 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:12 am

munchies27 wrote:y r they dealing with april applicants before march??? i dont get it seriously

seems like they have increased the time aswell!
Probably because the March applicants were sent to a different post. They send in batches, some to Abu Dhabi, some to ISB.

I understand the frustration you guys feel, but if you think you're unlucky, then think about some of those people who've been fighting cases through 2nd/3rd order appeals for 3-4 years.

I am also married to a girl from Pakistan, before you accuse me of being very narrow minded. But I will say this again, you decided to marry in Pakistan, no one forced you, you knew there would be a wait for the VISA, so why complain now?

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:50 am

king2be98 we knew there was going to be a wait.

We just never realiszed it would be this long. Have a bit of a heart.there are some people here who have waited over 6 months.

Your looking at this from the wrong angle. Everyone has a right to a family life. No one wants to be messed around by UKBA waiting times or the torie parties attempts to play around with immigration numbers.
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 am

Scottishraja wrote:king2be98 we knew there was going to be a wait.

We just never realiszed it would be this long. Have a bit of a heart.there are some people here who have waited over 6 months.

Your looking at this from the wrong angle. Everyone has a right to a family life. No one wants to be messed around by UKBA waiting times or the torie parties attempts to play around with immigration numbers.
You people are growing impatient over a 6 month wait? There are members on this site, who for no genuine reason at all were refused and are having to wait 12-15 months. There are some poor girls who've already had to wait 9 months on this site (Syma etc) and aren't complaining.

You'll get your response. It's a matter of time, they have said 6 months, 24 weeks is the absolute target, so far there isn't a single person who's gone over 6 months, so technically your comments about bad service and being played around with are rubbish, because they haven't breached any of their deadlines in that respect.

Sarah30

Link to timeline spreadsheet

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:25 am

Can someone please post the link for the timeline spreadsheet. Thanks

Sarah30

Link to timeline spreadsheet

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 am

Can someone please post the link for the timeline spreadsheet. Thanks

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:32 am

Ok got a reply from BHC Islamabad this morning, so much for the 24 weeks, they are 29 now..has anyone else recieved the same timeframe email? Really strange people are getting the same standard replies with different time frames, earlier on this post, a member was informed of 27 weeks.

Dear XXXXXX
Re: XXXX
Thank you for your e-mail of 30 July.
Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.
Applicant will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.
Regards,

Application submitted Islamabad - 07/03/2012
Under process at BHC - 21/03/2012
Stamped - waiting 106th day
Ready for collection -
Collected -

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:39 am

No way!!! 29 weeks :?

There goes our eid plans!!!

hashim10

Post by hashim10 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Guys, I've also received the same response from the BHC in Islamabad stating a 29 week waiting period. The email from the BHC is as follows:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

Re: xxxxxxxx
Thank you for your e-mail of 31 July.

Please accept our apologies for any delay in dealing with your spouse visa application. We have experienced a high rise in the volume of applications for settlement over the last few months and this has led to us failing to meet our primary customer service target of deciding 95% of applications in 12 weeks. It is still our intention to deal with the majority of applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 29 weeks, but please know that we will complete your application as soon as we possibly can.

xxxxxxx will be contacted through visa application centre in due course, once the application has been completed. Kindly visit Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com to check status of application.

Regards,

NAK | Visa Enquiries & Correspondence Team Pakistan | International Operations and Visas | UK Border Agency | British High Commission | Islamabad

My MP also sent out a letter last week to the UKBA, im guessing he'll most likely receive the same response as the above email... I'm afraid its just a waiting game for us like it has been for the past 5 months....

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:56 pm

4 relative's visas have been granted in our family :D
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:58 pm

munchies27 wrote:Exquisit33 salaam...

i am unable to join the facebook group unfortunately.

u know on page 3 theres the google doc spreadsheet with timelines, it usually gets updated everyday. but ive noticed it hasnt been updated today so i dont knw who has had any news. plz who ever usually updates it, could you do this. i believe the person who updates it has joined that facebook group as it only got the ex-members/applicants/sponsors names on it. plz could you kindly tell someone to update it plz coz i check it here on a daily basis. i would really appreciate it. its nice to know the updates of the previous members of this forum.
plz could you also send my salaam to evryone, its a shame i cant join the group due to personal circumstances.

Anyways if anybody has any news on thier spouses visa application, then plz kindly update me and the rest of the people on this forum... it gives a little comfort.

thank you
Hi Munchies27,

Update regarding timelines of applicants on the Facebook group/chat area: There are so many applicants still waiting for responses, many luckily have had RFC status changes and others are hoping they hear before Eid.
Allah is the greatest!

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

i cant believe they have changed it to 29 weeks

i got an email from bhc last week and it said 24 weeks.

if they go over 24 weeks i will definetlty take it further. :twisted: :evil:

we paid for a servise so expect one

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

king2be98 we all know that we would have to wait but at the time most of us applied we were advised that 95% of applications are dealt within 12weeks and 100% within 24 weeks. i thought i would have got a reply before the changes on 9th July 2012. unfortunately i didnt.

this is not acceptable its getting even worse... i got an email stating 27 weeks and now people are getting emails stating 29 weeks!!! i will take things further if my time passes 24 weeks.

and another thing King2be98 we can complain if we want to. i know i feel for the people who have had to wait longer than 6 months but thats life. everyone is different and some people have more patience than others.

im getting more angrier day by day coz the time scale is increasing day by day!

Ya Allah, please help us :'-(

Exquisit33 thanks for ur reply and giving me an update.

sarah30 the link is on page 3.

I hope a miricle happens soon and all of us march applicants get a RFC status tomorrow ;)
again, wishful thinking

anyways good luck to all.

m3y

Post by m3y » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

munchies27 wrote:king2be98 we all know that we would have to wait but at the time most of us applied we were advised that 95% of applications are dealt within 12weeks and 100% within 24 weeks. i thought i would have got a reply before the changes on 9th July 2012. unfortunately i didnt.

this is not acceptable its getting even worse... i got an email stating 27 weeks and now people are getting emails stating 29 weeks!!! i will take things further if my time passes 24 weeks.

and another thing King2be98 we can complain if we want to. i know i feel for the people who have had to wait longer than 6 months but thats life. everyone is different and some people have more patience than others.

im getting more angrier day by day coz the time scale is increasing day by day!

Ya Allah, please help us :'-(

Exquisit33 thanks for ur reply and giving me an update.

sarah30 the link is on page 3.

I hope a miricle happens soon and all of us march applicants get a RFC status tomorrow ;)
again, wishful thinking

anyways good luck to all.
So upsetting that they have increased processing times to 29 weeks... I used up all my holidays at work so can't even go to pakistan to see her... The UKBA should have planned accordingly for the surge in applications, they knew it was coming.

I strongly believe if this was any other department other than immigration, there would be public outcry at the poor service being given, however as it is immigration related no body cares...
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

Sarah30

Post by Sarah30 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Thank you munchies27

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

the stress of waiting is making me ill... no exaggeration... the 24 week mark was the one thing i had to look forward to and they take that away from me.. disgusted is not even the word... :x
110 days for me today! wow... i expected a long wait... but this is ridiculous ESPECIALLY considering people from april are getting their visas and some from febuary are waiting...
ok inshallah our time soon lets not panic
:?

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 pm

i totally agree with fazila sis i m now on 100 days and the only thing that was keeping me going was the 24 week guidline...........

there is no way i m waiting 29 weeks :x

if u dnt mind me asking when did u apply fazila and where?

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:41 am

leila wrote:i totally agree with fazila sis i m now on 100 days and the only thing that was keeping me going was the 24 week guidline...........

there is no way i m waiting 29 weeks :x

if u dnt mind me asking when did u apply fazila and where?
hi leila, i applied on 01/03/12 is islamabad, how abt you sis?