ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spelling mistake on Biometric letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sraikar
Newly Registered

Spelling mistake on Biometric letter

Post by sraikar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

Dear All,

Please help me with a doubt I have.

I received biometric invites for me and my wife. But, they made a mistake in my wife's second name!!

I called up last Monday, the 30th of July, and upon request, they said, they will issue a new invite for my wife. It is 8th August today, and I decided to call them up to follow up with the status.

Now, the guy on the help line says, "The rules have changed this week"!!!
He mentioned that we need to go to the post with the invite (with wrong name) and ask the post office to correct it!!

We have already lost quite a few days waiting and dont want more trouble.

I read an old post on this forum which mentioned correcting spelling mistakes at the post office itself.

Can anyone please help me which is the correct way to go?

Has anyone been through this recently?

Is it worth calling UKBA again and talking to another adviser to see the response.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards!

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I only know that if your name is wrong you would need to contact UKBA to correct your name and they will sent the new letter..Try contacting them may be you get someone knowledgeable...