ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr turned down - can you apply again?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mailquery
Newly Registered

ilr turned down - can you apply again?

Post by mailquery » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:39 am

if ilr application turned down - say for lack of proof of sufficient funds.. can you apply again after a period of time.. or are permanently banned from applying now. do you get black listed?

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:16 am

mailquery,
If you are turned down for lack of funds you should have no problem reapplying and getting ILR provided you obtain more funds (i.e. through work) and you haven't been using public funds.

Is this a hypothetical question or were you turned down? If so, how much funds, income and expenses (i.e. rent or mortgage) did you show in your case?

Joseph

mailquery
Newly Registered

ilr - turned down

Post by mailquery » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:36 am

hypothetical question.havent applied yet. have a 40k + job, so thats going well. quite stupidly i didnt plan for my ilr and hence repaid two loans that i had, much before their term.

that has resulted in my bank /ac being in an over draft of about £800 for 3 months.

cash flow is not a problem and my wife works as well. was just wondering if this will be an issue...

do let me know.

Kantaloobi
Newly Registered

Post by Kantaloobi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:30 pm

just a apply with the same explanation that you gave above and proof of your income, then you should not have a problem. Provided that the rest of your application is in order

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:17 am

mailquery
I agree with Kantaloobi that it shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to say "yes" to question 5.5 "does a relative or friend regularly give you money" and put you wife's net income in the box. Include proof of her income (i.e. payslips) over the last few months.
Joseph

mailquery
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by mailquery » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:19 pm

got my ilr. no problem at all. joseph i did not tick the yes box in 5.5. i felt that it would have an adverse connotation.

i suppose it shdnt matter now, but do let me know your thoughts.

yadu

K2004

Post by K2004 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:28 pm

congratulations mailquery,

what did they ask to see? did you have to show them things like P60s or Wage slips?

cheers

mailquery
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by mailquery » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:35 pm

passports, application form, work permit,employer letter,wage slips,bank statements, thats all