ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension (In UK) + Dependent Visa (Outside UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ups

Tier 1 Extension (In UK) + Dependent Visa (Outside UK)

Post by ups » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello experts!

I currently hold a Tier 1 General visa which is due for extension soon. At the same time, my spouse needs to apply for the dependent visa for the first time. As such, she won't be in UK when applying for the dependent visa.

My question is, is it possible to do both of the following as a single application?
Apply for my Tier 1 extension in-country
Apply for my wife's dependent visa who is not in-country

Any advice will be appreciated!

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm

It is not sensible to apply for both at the same time. Apply for Tier 1 extension first and then apply for dependant's visa as the dependant's visa end date depends on main applicants visa end date.
Give me more Karma (+)

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension (In UK) + Dependent Visa (Outside UK)

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:27 pm

ups wrote:Hello experts!

I currently hold a Tier 1 General visa which is due for extension soon. At the same time, my spouse needs to apply for the dependent visa for the first time. As such, she won't be in UK when applying for the dependent visa.

My question is, is it possible to do both of the following as a single application?

Why would you want to do that? If you apply for entry clearance visa for your wife right now then she would only be given Visa till your current (initial) Visa expiry date (as you would need to mention on her form, when your current leave expires). And even so, when she gets the visa and comes here (if she has enough days), then she would have to re-apply fpr her extension, which would cost you more.
It would be sensible for you to get your Tier 1 extended and then apply for entry clearance for your wife

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
ups wrote:Hello experts!

Why would you want to do that? If you apply for entry clearance visa for your wife right now then she would only be given Visa till your current (initial) Visa expiry date (as you would need to mention on her form, when your current leave expires). And even so, when she gets the visa and comes here (if she has enough days), then she would have to re-apply fpr her extension, which would cost you more.
It would be sensible for you to get your Tier 1 extended and then apply for entry clearance for your wife
Sorry, I did not realise QuickSam had replied. Did not want to over-emphasise it after his reply.

ups

Post by ups » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I thought if I applied for my extension and her visa at the same time, they will stamp her visa end date the same as my extension end date.

Do you know if this is even possible?
silent_warrior wrote: Why would you want to do that?
The reason is basically the waiting period - based on recent estimates in the processing times thread, it is typically taking 2 months overall to get an extension. Add to that the time for dependent visa approval, booking travel etc, it will be over 3 months (from the time I send my application) by the time she gets to the UK.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm

ups wrote:Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I thought if I applied for my extension and her visa at the same time, they will stamp her visa end date the same as my extension end date.

The reason is basically the waiting period - based on recent estimates in the processing times thread, it is typically taking 2 months overall to get an extension. Add to that the time for dependent visa approval, booking travel etc, it will be over 3 months (from the time I send my application) by the time she gets to the UK.
To sum it up, you cannot apply for your dependents extension along with yours since they dont yet have a dependent visa & are not in the UK

Dependents not in UK MUST have EC which is stamped only outside UK

Your only option is, either get the dependent visa processed first before your extension, which will cost more & may not even be feasible if your LTR is expiring soon

OR apply your extension first, via a PEO if you want it quicker & then let dependents apply from the home country
Manka

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

ups wrote:Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I can understand, and it definitely is frustrating.
But on the other hand you should try going for a PEO appointment instead. This way you will get it quickly and also have your wife apply her entry clearance to match your new dates. You never know, if things workout well with your application; right your wife would be with you in a months time

ups

Post by ups » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for the inputs everyone - really appreciate the quick responses. I have the information I was looking for now!

On the subject of PEO appointments, I've been looking for an appointment for over a month with no luck. First I thought it was just because of fee increase in April that people were trying to get it done before that came into effect, but even now it's hard to find a slot.

Nonetheless, I know my options for sure now (was afraid this will be the answer though :!: )

Thanks again!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm

ups wrote:Thanks for the inputs everyone - really appreciate the quick responses. I have the information I was looking for now!

On the subject of PEO appointments, I've been looking for an appointment for over a month with no luck. First I thought it was just because of fee increase in April that people were trying to get it done before that came into effect, but even now it's hard to find a slot.

Nonetheless, I know my options for sure now (was afraid this will be the answer though :!: )

Thanks again!
Depending on when you wish to apply, try the steps in this link
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#612320
Also, i believe you will now get appointment after 24th May, but if lucky you may find an earlier appointment
Dont know if this helps your cause?

ups

Post by ups » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm

silent_warrior wrote: Depending on when you wish to apply, try the steps in this link
Also, i believe you will now get appointment after 24th May, but if lucky you may find an earlier appointment
Not sure if you pasted the correct link - doesn't look relevant. I had done some research on the forums earlier and seen some tricks (like trying on a specific time when cancelled appointments are released) - but still would be interested to see your link.

After 24th May will be too late for me - I've tried looking for appointments until end of May anyway and it doesn't show any availability in any of the seven PEOs!

Cheers!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

ups wrote:
silent_warrior wrote: Depending on when you wish to apply, try the steps in this link
Not sure if you pasted the correct link - doesn't look relevant. I had done some research on the forums earlier and seen some tricks (like trying on a specific time when cancelled appointments are released) - but still would be interested to see your link.

After 24th May will be too late for me - I've tried looking for appointments until end of May anyway and it doesn't show any availability in any of the seven PEOs!

Cheers!
Indeed, there was a wrong link. Click again as I have corrected it
My friend recently got an appointment for the 22nd of May, this was when he did it in the last few days

ups

Post by ups » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 pm

silent_warrior wrote: Indeed, there was a wrong link. Click again as I have corrected it
My friend recently got an appointment for the 22nd of May, this was when he did it in the last few days
Amazing! That's the first time I've seen an availability being shown (used the first trick you mentioned). Though the date isn't ideal for me, I'll continue to try these tricks and see if I find something.

Really appreciate your help - thanks a lot!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:49 pm

ups wrote:
silent_warrior wrote: Indeed, there was a wrong link. Click again as I have corrected it
Amazing! That's the first time I've seen an availability being shown (used the first trick you mentioned). Though the date isn't ideal for me, I'll continue to try these tricks and see if I find something.

Really appreciate your help - thanks a lot!
Goodluck!

Balajikaki
Newly Registered

Early Tier 1 extension + dependent visa end date

Post by Balajikaki » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi,

I have applied early extenstion of my Tier 1 General extension 23rd july 2012 via PEO croyadan and got the extension upto 15-oct-2015(my intial visa expires 15-oct-2012), now I will plan next week to apply dependent visa for my wife and two childrens from India.

On which end date my dependents will get on their visa, is it 15-oct-2012 or 15-oct-2015 ? please advice.

Thanks
Balaji

layman

Post by layman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 pm

@Balajikaki - 15-Oct-2015.

Balajikaki
Newly Registered

Post by Balajikaki » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you very much