ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absence sheet query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mghe

ILR absence sheet query

Post by mghe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey Friends,

I am applying for the ILR very shortly and in the process of preparing the documents. I have a small query with regards to the absence sheet format in the sticky.

1.Every time I travelled to India, the immigration officer has stamped an ARR stamp and a DEPT stamp. I have decided to use the ARR stamps as the start date for a holiday and both the DEPT and the heathrow ARR stamps as the end date. So, as per the sheet the number of stamps column can be tallied only if these indian immigration stamps are considered(esplly the DEPT from India). Am I correct or is there a more sensible way?

2. If I am considering the DEPT(India) and the ARR(LHR) stamps, they are in different pages, so should I mention both the pages?

3. My absence are all paid holidays and less than 180 days. HR has agreed to give a letter to state that I had a continuous employment but not mention my holiday dates? Would that suffice?

Any advice would be very helpful

Kind regards,
mghe

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Thats totally fine. You dont have to worry about anything. Assuming none of your holidays are more than 90 days at a stretch.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:40 pm

you are safe as long as there is no 90 day stretch on any of your absences.

moreover you are less than 180 day threshold. so you are super good to apply ILR with no issues

good luck

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

urgent help required.

Post by fatimahanif » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:58 pm Post subject: Please guide me
Hi,

My total absences are coming to 226 but on one occasion I was out of country for 4 weeks due to my father's death. One two occasions I was out as my mother was ill and undergoing surgery. Could these be considered compassionate absences and not counted in the total. If yes what kind of documents I will need to show. All absences were paid and at no time I was out of country for more than 90 days.

Also could anyone please confirm if the day you fly out and day you fly in, are counted as outside UK or inside UK as technically on both days you are in the UK.

please reply urgently I have my appointment next week.

thanks