ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to take the life in the UK test and apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niem123
Newly Registered

when to take the life in the UK test and apply for ILR

Post by niem123 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:35 pm

hi, my wife has been in the UK for 12 months, she is from pakistan and has a 27 month spouse visa. She' spent around 3 months in pakistan so when her 2 year stay is reached the visa will expire. I'd like to kindly ask when she should take her life in the UK test, or if she should sit the ESOL test.
Also when to apply for the ILR,

many thanks

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:46 pm

From what I have gathered you will be applying after October 2012 and this means that she will have to do both the Life in the UK test and an Esol course that includes Citizenship.

Can anyone else clarify?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 am

See also Settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:55 am

bassem wrote:From what I have gathered you will be applying after October 2012 and this means that she will have to do both the Life in the UK test and an Esol course that includes Citizenship.

Can anyone else clarify?
Not correct. The member's wife will need to take the Life in the UK (KOL) test and the B1 English language test.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Casa wrote:Not correct. The member's wife will need to take the Life in the UK (KOL) test and the B1 English language test.
Thanks for clarifying.

There was me about to put my wife through a term full of ESOL. Doh!

Could you tell me which tests are acceptable to demonstrate B1 level listening and speaking?