ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax returns : Salary in India or allowance in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talktome

Tax returns : Salary in India or allowance in UK

Post by talktome » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:45 am

hi,
I have a question , if you are getting a salary in India and u have been seconded to work overseas say UK, what is your actual income ?
Is it just your indian salary or a combination of the two.
eg Can you show UK allowance as a component of Indian salary, the UK allowance is tax free in India

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:33 pm

It is written in HSMP Guidelines somewhere i may not recall. But what it says is that you have to show the salary where you have stayed for more than 6 months. Suppose you have been onsite for more than 6 months then you have to show onsites salary/compensation/benifit and you can't show indian salary in that case.

And in guidelines it's excplained also go thru that.

Ajay

talktome

Post by talktome » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:58 am

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply and have look below this is from the hsmp pdf doc

If you have lived in more than one country during the past 12 months we will normally assess your income against the
country where you have spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis.

"In addition, if you have been seconded overseas and your salary continues to be paid elsewhere, the country where you receive your salary would normally be considered."

In my case I have been seconded to UK whilst my salary is being paid in India and I can prove this with letters from the co and salary slips ...
Its a bit confusing actually coz the first para means someting else

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:50 am

IMHO you need to show only Indian salary. You can't add UK allowance in Indian salary.

talktome

Post by talktome » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:27 am

Can I show it the other way then, like If I add my Indian salary to my Uk allowances , I can show that I am earning more than 27K.
Thing is If I go indvidually I dont qualify for the points but If I add them I can just about make it.
Secondly do they consider net salary eg If i showed my net UK salary (pay slips + bank statement) as 22K which means that my gross would anyways be higher than 27K ?